General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One charge dropped in Stugis bar fight

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:55 PM
MR. SCOOTINN
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
First you "assume" the bar was posted. Then you mistakenly judge that 2 beers will get someone drunk.

Time to stick to facts that can be proven.

And yeah, right. Like I'm going to try to identify myself with badge and word while some scumbag is choking me out. Get real. You can't be that ignorant.

BTW, in most jurisdictions, simply carrying a firearm into a posted establishment is only a misdemeanor (unless it's a church, school, or gov't building).

Yes i assume the bar was posted..That is all the rallys i go to...no firearms or weapons...but still an assumption..

#2..hr218...says under the influence ...what does under the influence mean?...does it mean drunk ?..
#3...they were bound by state laws which does not allow firearms in a bar...

#4..The laws are ignorant not me..beacause that is what the law says not me..you have to identify yourself under hr218...

Old 09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
MR. SCOOTINN
Tourer

Originally Posted by stro1965
Not necessarily. It's much more complicated than that. Think of it this way. If you and I get into a fight and I poke you in the nose, I committed the first illegal act. You respond by chopping my arm off with your machete. You're not in the clear just because I did something wrong first.
stro ?...The first illegal act would hve been him entering the bar with a gun..would it or would it not?..

& lets look at it this way..a robber breks in my house..i start to beat the crap out of him..he shoots me...( you are telling me he can clame selfdefense )...?

Old 09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by MR. SCOOTINN
stro ?...The first illegal act would hve been him entering the bar with a gun..would it or would it not?..

& lets look at it this way..a robber breks in my house..i start to beat the crap out of him..he shoots me...( you are telling me he can clame selfdefense )...?
No, not the same. I think what you guys might be referring to is something called the "fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine". It states that evidence gained illegally cannot be used in court, nor can any evidence gained FROM your knowledge of the first bit of illegally obtained evidence. An example might be something like this: I illegally coerce (let's say I administer a beating so we're SURE it's illegal) a confession from a suspect. Suspect tells me where I can find the body. I find the body and evidence on it links him to 6 more murders. ALL of it goes away because I obtained the initial confession illegally. This doctrine, though, applies only to evidence.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
OU812
Tourer

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
On the other hand if the HA had a job he wouldn't lose it because he did something illegal. The cop will.
It's his own fault he put himself in that situation, drinking in a bar full of 81's, what was he thinking, oh I guess he wasn't.I have no pity on him stupid is as stupid does.....

Old 09-09-2008, 08:50 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by OU812
It's his own fault he put himself in that situation, drinking in a bar full of 81's, what was he thinking, oh I guess he wasn't.I have no pity on him stupid is as stupid does.....

I'm not sure if that statement says more about him or more about the "bar full of 81's". Seems a shame that a guy can't have a beer without worrying about who else might be there.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:18 AM
RIDEIRISH
Tourer

Amen to that...

Old 09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
aimhard
Cruiser

I'm not sure if that statement says more about him or more about the "bar full of 81's". Seems a shame that a guy can't have a beer without worrying about who else might be there.
Seems like we agree on about everything.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:26 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I will chime in here and say that I know that it sounds like there's a lot of cop bashing going on here, and for the record, I will say, I don't hate pigs, I mean LEO's, but what I do hate is the macho attitude that they carry around with them on duty and off, like they are better than anyone else. When I go to work I am an Electrician, when I go home is that all I think about? NO. so why is it that when a cop is off duty, all they think about is being a cop. Is there some sort of brain washing that goes on at the academy? Are cops not able to have a life outside of the office? I know several cops and they are all the same way, once a cop, always a cop. I don't get it. In the first place the government does no pay enough for me to be a cop, especially 24/7.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:34 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You absolutely can. I have been in bars with 1% and had no problems whatsoever.

It boils down to the fact of the 3 piece with MC patch. From the PIGS own website "we wear it because we can". Then when a bunch of billY badass outlaw wannabe's get their azz handed to them all we hear is whine, whine, whine.

I really find it amusing as hell......

Last edited by RoadKingRon1; 09-09-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:07 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
You absolutely can. I have been in bars with 1% and had no problems whatsoever.

It boils down to the fact of the 3 piece with MC patch. From the PIGS own website "we wear it because we can". Then when a bunch of bill badass outlaw wannabe's get their azz handed to them all we here is whine, whine, whine.

I really find it amusing as hell......

Who, exactly, had their azz handed to them? As I recall there was only 1 in the hospital.

Quick Reply: One charge dropped in Stugis bar fight