General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm no poser but I ride with one

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Most of the guys would kill to have their wife share their love for riding. My wife rides her own bike and we travel together. If she ever asked my to trailer our bikes someplce because she didn't want to ride there, i'd buy a trailer and do it in a heartbeat.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:48 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Originally Posted by neohiobiker
HAAAA BUT you are. You just don't want to admit it... lol. Your wife isn't laughing with you she's laughing at you... Your P whipped and she knows it. If you weren't a poser you'd have sent her by plane/train and met her at the airport. I've done this a few times others it the distance is not that far I just tell her to get on back "I wasn't asking". Married 31 years if you don't train them they'll train you.
that only shows your IQ lol. Especially if you go down you'll be missing a few fingers.
Sometimes: Only sometimes? Prove it show us the mileage on those bikes.
I also will not let my wifey ride her own. My buddies ride next to me, My Lady behind me. I also don't own a trailer and yes I have to cut the mileage back from 700 a day to 500 when she's with me.I also don't have that saying. I like mine better it's MY way or the Highway.
YOU don't get it. It's not what other people think IT's what you did wrong that's bothering you. I get depressed in winter cause I can't ride
And you made 5 posts to say this?

Old 06-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

If that's what it takes to get her to go what the hell, not that big a deal. Glad you had fun

Old 06-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Bobby_Lee
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who's to say what a poser is???? just that some people can't afford a trailer,,,so they ride everywhere..Just cause you trailer a bike doesn't make you a poser.....I'm not a "biker",,,,,I have owned about 7 bikes,,,,,I just like to ride them when I can. I don't wear all the black crap,,,,that looks like everyone else,,,,I wear a brown leather verst, cowboy style 2-tone leggings,,and a cowboy hat when I get off the bike.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
quadrcr87
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in the same situation as the OP, when we go on a trip I have to trailer the bike if I want it to come along. Kinda hard to fit all the wifes stuff and a dog on the back of the Fatboy. She also wont ride with me on the highway, her rule is 55mph or less. However if you have a covered trailer like me they will never know your posing. Just have to look both ways before you drop the trailer door

Old 06-04-2013, 11:14 PM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wbogley
Trailering is a Harley thing. You almost never see metrics trailered to rallys. I love harleys, but lets face it most posers own harleys not hondas. It is just the way it is.
You've never been near Daytona Beach before bike week I see....

Old 06-04-2013, 11:39 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

HAAAA BUT you are. You just don't want to admit it... lol. Your wife isn't laughing with you she's laughing at you... Your P whipped and she knows it. If you weren't a poser you'd have sent her by plane/train and met her at the airport. I've done this a few times others it the distance is not that far I just tell her to get on back "I wasn't asking". Married 31 years if you don't train them they'll train you.
that only shows your IQ lol. Especially if you go down you'll be missing a few fingers.
Sometimes: Only sometimes? Prove it show us the mileage on those bikes.
I also will not let my wifey ride her own. My buddies ride next to me, My Lady behind me. I also don't own a trailer and yes I have to cut the mileage back from 700 a day to 500 when she's with me.I also don't have that saying. I like mine better it's MY way or the Highway.
YOU don't get it. It's not what other people think IT's what you did wrong that's bothering you. I get depressed in winter cause I can't ride
Hey Einstein, you dug up a 5 year old thread. Nobody is going to take your troll bait and argue about something they said way back then, most of those people are long gone.

Besides, nothing wrong with sticking a bike in a trailer and going on a holiday. It's not like sitting on a bike going down the freeway is any sort of Olympic event. lol.