General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do NOT order from Parts Direct!! What a JOKE!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Brink_2003FXST
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Do NOT order from Parts Direct!! What a JOKE!!

I ordered my Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggereds from Parts Direct (www.gopartsdirect.com) on July 27th and the STILL have NOT come yet...Actually as we speak, I am on the phone with Bert, the GM there. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!! I have been jerked around by them since the first week in August. Every time I call them to see whats going on with the order, they give me a different excuse. I was told when I ordered these on July 27th that I would have them in a week to 10 days. After waiting 2 weeks, I called and come to find out, they messed the order up and upgraded me to rush shipping and threw in the O2 plugs at no additional charge and they told me i would see them in 3-4 days. So, I let a couple weeks pass after not receiving the pipes and called them once again. They explained to me (on August 27th) that they did not have any on hand at their warehouse so they would be shipped out of their California warehouse...would have been REALLY nice to know this since I have now waited a month and STILL have NO pipes. So today, Sept. 5th, I make my final call to these yahoo's to find out what is going on. I asked for someone in charge there and was informed I was talking to Bert, the GM and he put me on hold for nearly 15 minutes to check the tracking number. He then comes back on the phone and explains to me that they don't have them and that I could either have my money returned or be placed on the waiting list.

I now have my money returned and NO PIPES!! Sorry for the venting, but I hope this will save someone from all the hassle that I have gone through.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:55 PM
SIXR
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parts Direct is a big company. Are you saying that jerking people around is how they treat all customers?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by SIXR
Parts Direct is a big company. Are you saying that jerking people around is how they treat all customers?
I'd tell everyone I knew if this crap happened to me. They should have told him the first time he called that they did not have any instock.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never order online anymore unless I can call them and confirm an item is in stock. Happens alot.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Brink_2003FXST
Novice

After doing a search here on this forum on this company, I find out that I am not the only one that has had problems with them. Check the threads out below!!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...t=parts+direct

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/252915-go-parts-direct-com-experience.html

Old 09-05-2008, 02:22 PM
SIXR
Banned

Originally Posted by SIXR
Nevermind. I was thinking of Parts Unlimited. Sorry.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I got my V&H straight from my H-D dealer this year. They happen to be a V&H dealer also. No markup. I got the same price as I seen listed in J&P or the other parts places.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My guess, and this is ONLY my guess, is that they are just drop shippers.
I have learned to ask them up front. Too bad it took darned near half the riding season (up here anyway), to get an answer
IMFUO, if I NEED the part or parts, I will pay the extra, and order from J&P, V Twin, or drive over to Dennis Jerk, whoever has it in stock. If it is something I am 'planning' on using later, as in a restoration or winter project, I'll play around with ppl like this if I can save enough $$ to warrant the extra BS. It's USUALLY just phone time, and wait. But those are my guidelines with drop shippers and discount houses.

IF it is your scoot in here. I order it(and some stuff for me) and, get private Leer jet and limo to door delivery. What da hey, you're paying for it anyway. J/K
Actually, we (3 guys) try to 'group' orders from certain suppliers. Get the $$ up there, FREE shipping.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:00 PM
DMas
Road Master

Glad I found this! I've been shopping around for a Linbar for my Lowrider and also some V&H Big shots. Parts Direct had the lowest price, but seeing these threads-no way! I'd rather ante up more $$ to be sure I'm gonna get what I ordered.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:51 AM
user101
Novice

Im going through the exact same thing. I ordered a set of V&H side shots and fuelpak for my sportster on 7/25... it is now 9/11 and no pipes. Even worse I can't get anyone on the phone at Parts Direct and their website is GONE!!!

Does anyone have the address to this place or another phone number?

Quick Reply: Do NOT order from Parts Direct!! What a JOKE!!