General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laz263
Let me clarify. I don't feel like arguing with someone whose only goal is to argue like a nitpicking schoolgirl (you) or someone who just wandered in here about 10 minutes ago and wants to go right to billy badass cop-hating mode (the "new guy"; I already forgot his name).

The only person who has put forth reasonable argument worth debating over the last several days is BadInfluence. I have and would continue to converse with him about this subject, although I think we're probably at the point where we've said all we can say and have agreed to disagree about some of the more salient issues in this matter.

Your endless behavior policing (disecting every word posted and calling members out on the "meaning" behind their posts) has run its course; I for one am tired of it. Let me know if and when you become the administrator around here; I'll either start caring about what you have to say or I'll just find somewhere else to chat.

Until then, please feel free to ignore me. I'll be doing the same.
Bad night on a stake-out laz or couldn't you sleep not like you to flame the ol gump He has a good point
I do agree about the 'new guy' though. I'm always up for a good debate and this being an interesting topic an all, but I was startin' to wonder if yonaton was on a personal crusade because of the treatment he got in Mayberry RFD or just workin' on his post count.
You'll see from my previous comments; I'm more concerned about how Smith is perceived back within his own peer group than the outcome of the legal proceeding. I think even the judgement of 12 can be influenced by other factors and I can't help but feel the economic interests of the area as well as the gift-wrapping done by the defense didn't play a roll. I'm anti OMG so not keen on either group affiliation in this case but LEO against an HA is pretty much a full-count in any court.
I'd be a lot more comfortable if Smith had been subjected to some disciplinary action, even if example setting than to be welcomed back into the fold like some prodigal son

Old 11-12-2008, 05:40 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Mike
I'd be a lot more comfortable if Smith had been subjected to some disciplinary action, even if example setting than to be welcomed back into the fold like some prodigal son
He probably was (or will when the case plays out) but chances are you won't hear about it unless he is terminated.

Oh, and Gump...I won't be apologizing to the new guy. I've seen nothing from him but jabs at cops. Nothing constructive at all.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:51 AM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

Is it ok for an "old guy" to takes jabs at the Blue Gang then? LOL!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by TattoodCaptain
Is it ok for an "old guy" to takes jabs at the Blue Gang then? LOL!
Only if you've developed a thick skin during that agin' process
On a serious note though, so that no one misses the point; it doesn't have all that much to do with whether or not someones new to the forum. There's nothin' more irritatin' than somebody poppin' an opinion on a 600+ posts subject when it's obvious they haven't read more than the last page - do some homework and come on down, the more the merrier if you can stand the heat

Old 11-12-2008, 06:23 AM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

Salt water has a way of thickening the skin,lol!
I did read the entire thread. I have also been "spoken to" in the past by the mods about my dislike & distrust of law enforcement. So, I'll kick back and enjoy the show. Give 'em hell! Ride Safe and Respect to those that deserve it.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:58 AM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 9,631 Likes on 3,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Mike
Bad night on a stake-out laz or couldn't you sleep not like you to flame the ol gump He has a good point
I do agree about the 'new guy' though. I'm always up for a good debate and this being an interesting topic an all, but I was startin' to wonder if yonaton was on a personal crusade because of the treatment he got in Mayberry RFD or just workin' on his post count.
You'll see from my previous comments; I'm more concerned about how Smith is perceived back within his own peer group than the outcome of the legal proceeding. I think even the judgement of 12 can be influenced by other factors and I can't help but feel the economic interests of the area as well as the gift-wrapping done by the defense didn't play a roll. I'm anti OMG so not keen on either group affiliation in this case but LEO against an HA is pretty much a full-count in any court.
Not flaming at all, Mike. Just replying. And for the record, I couldn't be happier if I woke up this morning and Megyn Kelly was sitting in my driveway in a Killian's truck.

I really do think this thing has been discussed as far as it can be, though. Anyone who has actually kept track of it from post #1 (my sympathies to you if you have) will see that I've never wavered in my stance--the IPMC were using poor judgment, went looking for trouble, and found it. I also hold the HAs accountable for their actions to the extent they were looking for trouble. I wasn't in the bar, so there's only so far I can go in my opinion of who did what.

You know, it was either Socrates or Rodney King who said "can't we all get along?" That's going to be my mantra during Sturgis next year. I never wear any LE-identifying clothing when I ride, and I don't talk business on the road. Another great American, Will Smith, said "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'." Wise words to live by. I plan to enjoy the scenery, hang with my friends, and STFU unless there's a reason for me to get involved with someone I don't know.

All the above, with a healthy dose of respect for all my fellow riders, should pretty much guarantee a safe, BS-free week. Or at least I'm hoping so.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by laz263
Not flaming at all, Mike. Just replying. And for the record, I couldn't be happier if I woke up this morning and Megyn Kelly was sitting in my driveway in a Killian's truck.

I really do think this thing has been discussed as far as it can be, though. Anyone who has actually kept track of it from post #1 (my sympathies to you if you have) will see that I've never wavered in my stance--the IPMC were using poor judgment, went looking for trouble, and found it. I also hold the HAs accountable for their actions to the extent they were looking for trouble. I wasn't in the bar, so there's only so far I can go in my opinion of who did what.

You know, it was either Socrates or Rodney King who said "can't we all get along?" That's going to be my mantra during Sturgis next year. I never wear any LE-identifying clothing when I ride, and I don't talk business on the road. Another great American, Will Smith, said "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'." Wise words to live by. I plan to enjoy the scenery, hang with my friends, and STFU unless there's a reason for me to get involved with someone I don't know.

All the above, with a healthy dose of respect for all my fellow riders, should pretty much guarantee a safe, BS-free week. Or at least I'm hoping so.
That happy huh; I think I'd need Megyn.
Weathers really lousy here and semi retirement is a bore - love the bike but not really intellectually challenging once I get past the GPS. Sometimes I've got to change the security code just to test the old short term memory.
I know what you mean about this thread; whipped to death ad nauseum but I thought, hey I'll give it a go again - beats the hell out of the PROD. Can't handle an angonistic troll though, whatever the standpoint. He was gratin' on my nerves and I was about ready to push the ignore button but I figured as long as few serious ones hung around I'd stick it out myself.
Wish I could make it back over for Sturgis - never done it. Mama and I are goin' with a small group back to Normandy again next summer - nice area, good history and plenty to see. I may try to make it to Faaker See, that's the annual European Bike Rally held in Austria and around the same time as the Oktoberfest so easy to combine on the way home.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:04 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Regarding Sturgis...I've ridden out for the '07 and '08 rallies and had a good time. Had never been prior to that, now I'm kinda hooked. Momma stayed home in '08 because I was riding out again and she has a tough time riding that far. Anyway, she actually pointed out a trailer on Craig's List yesterday "so we can go to Sturgis together again" in '09.

Truth is, I'd kinda like having a trailer around (it's a stand up Kendon) but, dammit, I'm riding out! She can follow in the pickup and pull the empty trailer if she wants!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by stro1965
Regarding Sturgis...I've ridden out for the '07 and '08 rallies and had a good time. Had never been prior to that, now I'm kinda hooked. Momma stayed home in '08 because I was riding out again and she has a tough time riding that far. Anyway, she actually pointed out a trailer on Craig's List yesterday "so we can go to Sturgis together again" in '09.

Truth is, I'd kinda like having a trailer around (it's a stand up Kendon) but, dammit, I'm riding out! She can follow in the pickup and pull the empty trailer if she wants!
Never really been that big on rallys, seen one and you've seen them all but I guess there are a few classic ones that you need to have done at some point in your lifetime in order to get into that part of heaven (or hell as the case may be) reserved for bikers.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:35 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

I put off going for several years because I didn't think I'd have fun (not big on crowds). But there is so much to do and see, and the Black Hills riding is amazing, especially when compared to Nebraska!

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"