General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:16 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hssatx
None of these cops were given a "free pass". Their case was reviewed by a grand jury. In each of these cases, a prosecutor was ready to prosecute, as it has been said earlier.......prosecutors love prosecuting cops and in some cases, it is deserved. I can assure you, clean cops don't like working along dirty cops. We know that dirty cops give law enforcement a bad name and it is not condoned by their fellow workers or respective agencies. If a cop gets any charges dismissed, it is not because the "blue line" helped him or because he got a "free pass", it is usually because a grand jury or similar proceeding deemed there was not enough probable cause to proceed with the case.
Bullsh*t and the process is a joke that deserves no respect/credibility. Prosecutors also represent the city/county/state and know if the city/county/state is found liable it will cost the city $$$$$$$$$. Criminal actions by police officers should be punished by criminal penalties, not sanctioned/overlooked/condoned or justified.

Last edited by badinfluence63; 11-11-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Why would a South Dakota prosecutor care if the City of Seattle had to pay a civil judgement?

Last edited by stro1965; 11-11-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Yonaton
Not Smart Enough To Be A Member of HDF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laz263
Dude, whatever your problem is with cops......I really don't f#cking care. Go find someone else to fight with you.
You're *STILL* carrying that chip and attitude... *that's* what my problem with cops is, *and* the fact you don't think you have an attitude or that it's not noticeable by Joe Citizen. But I suppose you'll have an excuse for that too. Ya don't want to fight, neither do I, but I have every right to point out what I see *you* are doing, as much as you seem to want to do to everyone else.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Yonaton
Not Smart Enough To Be A Member of HDF

Originally Posted by stro1965
Leave me out of it new guy.
Oh dear, I hit a nerve and now I'm simply the "new guy"...apparently "new guys" can't have opinions or read. Another one with a great attitude. You sound like you'd get along well with some of the 'bad cops' far too many of us seem to hear or know about. Not saying you *are* one, but with that attitude...

Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would a South Dakota prosecutor care if the City of Seattle had to pay a civil judgement?
First off it was in response to comments to and from hssatx with regards to the handfull of examples I posted regarding the examples of other grandjury fiasco's:

"And the cops who pounded Rodney King were found not guilty too so what are you trying to say? Or the cops who shot the unarmed guy on the nite before his wedding in NY. Randy Weaver in Idaho. And the list goes on."

In the same vein of that I know that the grandjury in the iron pigs vs hells angels was as equally tainted and lacking true justice. The system covering that *** of their enforcement agency caught between a hard spot and a rock.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nobody "runnin and hidin" here. Just disappointed there wasn't any actual news about the case to read. You sound like you're looking for an argument. I'll pass.
If by now I haven't made myself clear about where I stand on this incident, there's probably nothing I can say at this point to make you understand.
Yeah.....I missed that; my mistake. I lumped my reply to you in with my reply to Gump.

This one really has been hashed and re-hashed to death, though. You'd probably be surprised at the number of cops who agree that cops acting like ******** are bad for all of us.

I really do look forward to seeing how this whole thing works out. I'm planning on riding to Sturgis next year, and it would be nice to have it behind us by then.

I'm probably dreaming though. To some (on both sides), this will never be over.
Dude, whatever your problem is with cops......I really don't f#cking care. Go find someone else to fight with you.
For someone who didn't wanna fight or argue, you sure as H*ll been posting alot. Me thinks YOU wanna fight, and appears you done found one or two, up to the challenge. You got enough posts on this thread SINCE you weren't gonna argue, to qualify for the posting ***** of the week award. And it'll be over, when it's over. Like I said a long time ago in this thread, the fat lady isn't warming up yet, in fact, I don't think she is even in the building, yet. He WILL walk, BUT that doesn't mean walk 'FREE'.
And when it is ALL said and done, IMFUO, it won't just be the HA's he's gonna have to concern himself with.

And Stroh, you are WAY BETTER than that, Sir, to be labeling him "THE NEW GUY". He does have a screen name, just like you. NO APOLOGY, no grace. Born and raised in SoDak, know many LEOs there, and have had the good fortune to meet several traveling Nebr.. And I know they don't raise 'em like that in either state. MAN up, and clean THAT ONE up. Thank You.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:17 PM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by overhead
I really do not know much about the circumstances of this specific incident so I will not comment other than to ask any LEO about policy. How would your department feel or what is the policy on carrying a weapon while consuming alcohol? I know as a citizen I can get in big trouble for being in possession of a firearm while drinking.

At the very least, the question of the common sense of having a concealed firarm onboard while in a bar is one barely worth asking.

The other stuff like running around like a OMC and carrying a badge in your pocket is quite contradictory, to me, that is where it ends.

I want you to play out the scene below and think about it for a moment.

How do you think it would play out in the courts if a civilian had a CCW permit for a state (Say SD), went into a bar while carrying (in SD it is illegal to carry in a bar), drank, got into a fight, and shot an unarmed person with whom they were having the fight.

How do you think that would play out ???

How about that circumstance, officers?

That is the point to all of the scuttle round here.

Again I will say, in addition to the circumstances that can be proven, as stated above,

There is also this to think about

"It is not how it went down, it is how it is written up."

If any of you cops say different, you know better.

Last edited by SloChicken; 11-12-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Geez...this just screams out to be challenged. By your own statements, if I understand correctly, the only "good" cops are cops that give you breaks. All others are on an ego trip. Seems to be a common theme among many here, at least you admit it.

The LEO you're talking about was 1) Possibly under the influence, hasn't been proven yet as far as I know. 2) Never heard or read that he was harassing anyone...where did you get that? Last I knew, the bartender said that the group had been there for hours and weren't causing any problems. 3) Pretending to be a 1%er? Here we go again. The guy can wear whatever he wants, doesn't mean he can be targeted for attack. 4) Wasn't using good judgement. Seems to be the consensus and I won't argue the point. Completely irrelevant, though, as far as the criminal case goes. Being an idiot isn't illegal.
Hey stro, good to see you're still around and kickin'. You're right, this "just screams out to be challenged." Since the subject has already been hashed and rehashed to death on the thread I'd say, at least for the benefit of the newbies, it's fair game to debate it in it's entirety. While this idiot may have walked as far as the criminal justice system is concerned - how's it goin' down for him back on the local force and, even worse, within his IP chapter If he's still serving on the Seattle force with impunity or, being hailed a hero in his chapter, just what kind of signal does that send out
I'll bet he just appeared in court all nice and squeaky clean - it must have looked to those jurors as if this were a Blue Angel vs a Hells Angel. Seems to me if they were sitting in the bar for 4 hours it would have been pretty easy to determine if they had been drinkin' or not - let's see now, who was responsible for checkin' this And, the guy wasn't 'pretending' to be a 1%er, he is one Walk the walk and you got to expect the consequences. Goin' into an established HA hangout was tantamount to lookin' for a fight - couldn't have been anything else. Fly-on-a-wallin' this thing, you got to just hear those dudes sayin' to each other 'any of those 81er's try to screw with me and I'll introduce 'em to Mrs. Glock.'
It may not be illegal to be an idiot but damn, it should hurt This will never rest until there's clear and open evidence you guys are cleanin' up your own act.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Here's the reaction of the Seattle Police Officers Guild to the judgement, almost makes it sound as if Smith was a saint. Dayyum, stoopid shud still hurt

http://www.seattlepoliceguild.org/in...&HomeID=100417

Old 11-12-2008, 04:32 AM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 9,631 Likes on 3,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
For someone who didn't wanna fight or argue, you sure as H*ll been posting alot. Me thinks YOU wanna fight, and appears you done found one or two, up to the challenge. You got enough posts on this thread SINCE you weren't gonna argue, to qualify for the posting ***** of the week award. And it'll be over, when it's over. Like I said a long time ago in this thread, the fat lady isn't warming up yet, in fact, I don't think she is even in the building, yet. He WILL walk, BUT that doesn't mean walk 'FREE'.
And when it is ALL said and done, IMFUO, it won't just be the HA's he's gonna have to concern himself with.

And Stroh, you are WAY BETTER than that, Sir, to be labeling him "THE NEW GUY". He does have a screen name, just like you. NO APOLOGY, no grace. Born and raised in SoDak, know many LEOs there, and have had the good fortune to meet several traveling Nebr.. And I know they don't raise 'em like that in either state. MAN up, and clean THAT ONE up. Thank You.
Let me clarify. I don't feel like arguing with someone whose only goal is to argue like a nitpicking schoolgirl (you) or someone who just wandered in here about 10 minutes ago and wants to go right to billy badass cop-hating mode (the "new guy"; I already forgot his name).

The only person who has put forth reasonable argument worth debating over the last several days is BadInfluence. I have and would continue to converse with him about this subject, although I think we're probably at the point where we've said all we can say and have agreed to disagree about some of the more salient issues in this matter.

Your endless behavior policing (disecting every word posted and calling members out on the "meaning" behind their posts) has run its course; I for one am tired of it. Let me know if and when you become the administrator around here; I'll either start caring about what you have to say or I'll just find somewhere else to chat.

Until then, please feel free to ignore me. I'll be doing the same.

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"