General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In reality, I DON'T know chit from Shinolah. I am jus' an ex drunken South Dakota chithell sub sailor riding for 42+ yrs. But I LIVE in reality.
I ride VERY comfortably with the LEOs around here. And I ride VERY comfortably with the Mn HAs and others. That's what I KNOW. And I happen to 'feel' respected in both circles.
In your mind, you guys 'believe' ALL this 3 piece patch stuff is poppy **** and BS. That is "idealistic".
Realiistic is - keep doing it, someone is gonna hand you your azz. Do WTF you want, legal, illegal, idealistic, realistic. Your choice, your azz. Just cause I got away with umpteen DUIs cause I didn't get caught, LEOs may get away umpteen times playin' badazz, and THEY ARE playin', sooner or later the patch COPS show up. Just like the rotating lights in the back window, on a DUI. Game over, check mate. Only prob, to 'them' it's NO GAME.
For some reason, you folks seem to not be able to grasp that portion of 'reality'.
ONCE again, this guy excercised extremely p*ss poor judgement. And the LONGER you harp about how he was 'legal', you too, are starting to show, P*ss Poor judgement. But you jus' keep on goin' like the friggin' Bunny, "HE WAS LEGAL" "He was legal"
And I jus' LMAO at your imeptitude to grasp REALITY.
We not only want, but dammed WELL EXPECT you to show just slightly better judgement than a bunch of bikers in a bar, we pay your friggin' wages, EVEN when you are on vacation. And I for one, am NOT likein' payin' some one's wages when they show p*ss poor judgement. Not as a LEO on vacation, and not as a laborer workin' on a roof with me, period.
NOW, what part do you NOT grasp, here?
I don't have to pay off the lawsuits for an 'outlaw' gone haywire. I DO have to pay for the lawsuits when a LEO goes haywire. And just in case you have forgotten, http://www.startribune.com/local/14621327.html
Plus ALL their court costs, and $150,000 to refurb clubhouse after it was torn up and abandoned by the LEOs. The HAs pay their own way, not via taxpayers. Looks like they got a FREE ride thanx to your compatriots. Make you happy? I hope so, the HAs were LEGAL as you put it.
I hope you guys realize jus' how silly you look, defending this twaddlecock.
Guess the guy just didn't realize how much he stood to lose. The guy was drinkin' in a bar and carrying. He's wrong, whether he got in a brawl or not. Now, defend him and quote a bunch more laws, and point out how he's gettin' off from ALL the charges. Hate to say it, NO, I enjoy saying it: Someone's lookin' like a fool here, and if you believe it is Gumby, go ahead.
Just remember, Gumby lives in REALITY. See you in Sturgis, 09. It's rather obvious where I hang out, the scoot is hard to miss. You'll see it in front of the church at 5:30 am, getting ready to serve breakfast. Then in the afternoon, may be at the HAs camp. Or it very well could be on the Vets Run. But you can be real sure, I WON'T be in the IPMC camp, I read their mission statement, and I avoid POSERs and trouble when possible. If it's NOT what they mean, then they certainly should not have posted it for the world to see. Friggin' WANNABES.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:41 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
And I for one, am NOT likein' payin' some one's wages when they show p*ss poor judgement.
How much, exactly, have you contributed to my wages??? I'm a local LEO from Nebraska. If you're a taxpayer in my city, then you contribute to my wages, otherwise, YOU DON'T. I'm not paid under federal grant money either, sorry.

At this point I don't give a rats *** if you think I look silly or not. Several, including you, have implied that by giving a fellow LEO the benefit of the doubt over a 1%er, I've somehow "tainted" myself. Well the perjury went away. The assault went away. Weapons charge stands for now but may very well go away. All I ever said was that I couldn't see a fellow cop starting trouble with 81, that I thought there was probably more to the story than the initial indictments implied. Turns out maybe I was right. I never "blindly supported" the guy, just said that I tend to believe him over a 1%er until someone could show me something to prove he wasn't attacked from behind. I've been working with good cops for 19 years, I tend to trust them.

This guy made his own bed with the gun and alcohol mess. Find a single post I've made that gives him a pass on that issue. Or save yourself a lot of time and concede that I never have.

You disappoint me Gump. You're well spoken and obviously intelligent. But you really need to get off of this I EXPECT MORE FROM THEM crap. We all expect more from our cops, as we should. Point taken. You want a bunch of robots for cops? You must, they're the only ones that could possibly live up to your expectations. Cops have always made mistakes and will always make mistakes, just like the rest of humanity. Can we move on?

Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
hdtwice
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
How much, exactly, have you contributed to my wages??? I'm a local LEO from Nebraska. If you're a taxpayer in my city, then you contribute to my wages, otherwise, YOU DON'T. I'm not paid under federal grant money either, sorry.

At this point I don't give a rats *** if you think I look silly or not. Several, including you, have implied that by giving a fellow LEO the benefit of the doubt over a 1%er, I've somehow "tainted" myself. Well the perjury went away. The assault went away. Weapons charge stands for now but may very well go away. All I ever said was that I couldn't see a fellow cop starting trouble with 81, that I thought there was probably more to the story than the initial indictments implied. Turns out maybe I was right. I never "blindly supported" the guy, just said that I tend to believe him over a 1%er until someone could show me something to prove he wasn't attacked from behind. I've been working with good cops for 19 years, I tend to trust them.

This guy made his own bed with the gun and alcohol mess. Find a single post I've made that gives him a pass on that issue. Or save yourself a lot of time and concede that I never have.

You disappoint me Gump. You're well spoken and obviously intelligent. But you really need to get off of this I EXPECT MORE FROM THEM crap. We all expect more from our cops, as we should. Point taken. You want a bunch of robots for cops? You must, they're the only ones that could possibly live up to your expectations. Cops have always made mistakes and will always make mistakes, just like the rest of humanity. Can we move on?

Come on Stro.....you know damn well what he meant by "paying your salery" You know he meant the he as in "we" society pay "your" as in the LEO community's salery......Let's not try to nit pick our way out of a debate.....read the sub-text as I am sure you can and you know what he meant. You dissapoint me by trying that petty tatic.

As to your last paragraph about cops making mistakes like the rest of humanity.....let me point out the problem with it. I agree that cops are people and they are going to make mistakes, part of life that everyone does. BUT, what pisses alot of us off is that when those mistakes are done, where are the cops saying "we blew it, our fault, we apoligize"? Doesn't happen much, if at all. I am a cop supporter overall and in my line of work I have several that are my clients. I have no criminal record so don't take this as some kind of chip on the shoulder rebuttal. I just see a double standard when mistakes are made.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,582 Likes on 22,692 Posts

I always thought that respect was something that was earned, not given.

As far as all the charges going away, well duhhh go figure;
who do you think that the court's side with?
It sure ain't the 81's.......
You should know that.

Makes sense to me.

You are not grasping at what has been said over and over again.

If you are going to be a "good guy" then be a good guy, but
do not be a good guy who puts on biker gear and expect to be treated as anything other than what you are, just cause you fantasize that you are an outlaw group of LEOs.
Ain't gonna happen, and this was a prime example of it, period.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:18 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
As far as all the charges going away, well duhhh go figure;
who do you think that the court's side with?
It sure ain't the 81's.......

Has it occurred to anyone that the charges might actually have been dismissed because they lacked merit?

What's pissing me off is the implication that I'm somehow a dirty cop or something now. I do a good job for MY taxpayers, I'm proud of my service, and anyone trying to tarnish my reputation from behind a keyboard can, well, you fill in the blanks.

You guys go ahead and buy in to all the conspiracy theories you want. You could sit in the courtroom and still not be convinced. The more this goes on, the more I'm convinced that this little biker subculture we have here is NOT a good representation of the public. Thank God for that.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:22 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The more this goes on, the more I'm convinced that this little biker subculture we have here is NOT a good representation of the public. Thank God for that.

But this LEO subculture is?

Old 09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Regarding the charges: "It doesn't matter how it went down, it is how it is written up.""

Slo Chicken - That about sums it up. "Professional lieing 101" Never seen a police report that wasn't written in a way to set the arrested up! Not a whole lot of truth in them things! Been there, done that! Somehow the story never really matches the facts.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Jimbo60
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Has it occurred to anyone that the charges might actually have been dismissed because they lacked merit?
Yeah, I think we get that. Ummm....... where the problem comes in for some folks is - Since the court and, the cops, are on the (so called) same side it smells a little fishy. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I don't know. Besides it hasn't been the main gist of the thread.

The LEO answer has been "who cares about his judgement before the incident, he was justified during the incident". To which I call BS. Any 1st grader knows how to avoid a fight, by not being there in the first place. The IPMC did not have to be there. They weren't on duty, so they had no obligation to be there.

Please don't tell me that they had no idea what might happen. It's not like they have no idea about biker culture. If they really were that oblivious to their surroundings, they need a new line of work.

What's pissing me off is the implication that I'm somehow a dirty cop or something now. I do a good job for MY taxpayers, I'm proud of my service, and anyone trying to tarnish my reputation from behind a keyboard can, well, you fill in the blanks.
You mean like the rest of us who are good at our jobs and productive, responsible members of society, yet are being accused of LE hating, cop bashing and, being conspiracy theorists?

You guys go ahead and buy in to all the conspiracy theories you want. You could sit in the courtroom and still not be convinced. The more this goes on, the more I'm convinced that this little biker subculture we have here is NOT a good representation of the public. Thank God for that.

................Sigh.............

.............. Jim

Old 09-17-2008, 04:45 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Da Gumpmeister;3879398][quote=lionsm13;3878408]Bottom line is that LEO's are not supposed to be seen in a bad light, at least this is the upheld public perception. Furthermore, LEO's should have even more accountability with in the public and should be held to higher standards, period than is JQ Public.

"To Whom much is given (trust/respect?), much is expected."

IF you want the respect, I expect you to take care of it. And some who were given it, on here, have done a p*ss poor job of takin' care of it.
You can all it "Blue line", you can call it "HR umpty squat # whatever". Bottom line, the 'respect' has been eroded. And that, LEOs, in reality, is ALL you have going for you when you put on the uniform. You want the repect that goes with it, ACT like it.
Now, go back to defending this COMPLETE idiot, and 'predicting' the known outcome. It's "YOUR" respect you are tearing down, NOT the HAs.

Just go back and read the posts on the "Speeding" thread. And hopefully, you will begin to see what some of the posters here are 'trying' to convey. But I believe you are trying to ignore/look past that, and make this a black/white legal issue. "He" may win in a court of law, but the court of law is NOT what you face each and every day you walk out of your door. It is the court of public opinion. IT's a 'respect' issue, not a legal issue.
+1

and no matter how polite, eloquent and matter of fact the truth is stated the LEO's won't comprehend. The LEO position is inaccurately one that they perceive themselves to always be right and no matter what.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:08 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, Mike, I'm not even going to try any more. I give up. You're and yours aren't going to be swayed by any measure of common sense that I, or Irish, or any other LEO on this board try to apply to this situation, so I'll just "agree to disagree" with you guys.

Hey Irish, I have a copy of a letter written by ATF Assistant Director Larry Ford (dated 9-11-08) to the National FOP that states the ATF official stance on 218. It IS in effect, it HAS been implemented, and the "spokewoman" quoted in the RCJ was out of line. PM me if you'd like a copy. You may be able to access it on the front page of the National FOP website.

Boo hoo. People are being mean to me so I am talking my bat and glove and going else where........

Stro/Irish, we all aware that there are good LEO's. You 2 guys may actually be 2 of them. No one is suggesting all LEO's suck at all. It is you 2 guys that are being the short sided/blind and trying to standup and justify the members of the ipmc's behavior or the realistic fact the the LEO career field needs serious culling of the sick and demented.

No matter how you shake it out THAT incident could/should have been avoided and is not how, when or where an LEO should have postured himself.

There have been more then a few incidents where the LEO's have unprofessionally/unwarrantedly over stated there position and some people push back. Is that what the LEO's of this country want? It can truly all be avoided without jeopardizing the integrity of the LEO position.

Everyone has a place and that includes LEO's. Yours is as a public servant. Not as tyrants, dictators or criminals. Its really simple.

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"