General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:26 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stro, RideIrish

I would really like to hear your take on this excerpt from an earlier post I put up. Seems it fell on eyes that just won't see.
I am curious why there was no reply to these poignant points ...

Regarding the charges: "It doesn't matter how it went down, it is how it is written up."

That is how far too many arrests, convictions, and even exhonerations occur. Thus the public angst and the us vs them mentality, on both sides of the law.

My take on this buncha horsehockey.

Personally, I don't trust cops, or 1%ers. (trust is to be earned, and neither have done what it takes for me to trust them. Rather, much the other way.

Why do I feeel like this?

I am not in their club and both will find a way to take advantage of that if they choose. I especially won't trust a cop that runs around like he is a 1%er. He knows what he is doing, and so do all you LEOs with your panties in a twist over this - so quit with the BS about "we can wear what we want when we want." You can, but you are (I hope) smart enough to know what comes with it. Yet the guy "legally" carries a gun while doing it.
What a joke, so bad cop of him. And you wonder why the public has a problem???

Go ask a brother of color to throw on a blue shirt and walk around a neighborhood that is claimed by Bloods (red shirts), and see the reaction he gives you.
He knows better, cause he isn't an idiot. He knows what goes along with it. Seems the LEO/IPs don't really want to look at that part, for whatever reason. I am pretty sure it isn't so they can maintain their "fashion liberties" however.

So Stro, and RideIrish,
I eagerly await your reply.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:33 AM
1Coastie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! I cant believe were still talking about this! If this had been an HA vs. a Bandito, this thread wouldn't have made it half this far.

The cop made a mistake, (being in the wrong place at the wrong time) showed poor judgement. Carrying while drinking, more poor judgement. The HA made some bad decisions too) assaulting an indevidual known to be a police officer.

The cop will pay, he'll probably never work in LE again, and he may get a slap on the wrist from the court system.

The HA got what he deserved...shot. He was stupid, he assaulted a police officer, and will probably have to pay his dues to the court system also.

All of this has been said over and over again, why are we still talking about it.

Oh, and it has been said throuout this thread that "LEO's should be held to a higher standard".....we are. This guy will lose his job! If he was a welder or anything else he would already be back to work (and this thread would have died long ago).

Cops are people too, and once in a while, some make stupid mistakes. And when we do "Trust me" we are held accountable. All the publicity this case has stirred up is proof of that. When a cop makes a mistake everybody hears about it. When anybody else makes a mistake its buisness as useual.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay, last one for now, RIDEIRISH this one should bring you up to date, you can read the last 8 or 9 pages yourself. That is if you are still here, I didn't run you off did I?

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
I, Sir, am SMART enough to know, that if I have p*ssed in some one's oatmeal, and I see them in the bar I am about to patronize, I would VACATE the premisies, pronto. And wouldn't be worried about having to protect myself from a good azz whoopin'. (That's a WIN, as previously noted) But then, again, I ain't as smart as a LEO, am I? Dumb azzed, biker, that I are. The guy was just a friggin' wannabe dimwit. And he found himself having to protect his toopid azz. Guar-own-tee, there was PLENTY of time for him to realize the place was being patronized by some ppl, whose oatmeal he had p*ssed in. But, you seem to want to forget that part. So be it. Now I know what the term "bicycle Irish" means.
Originally Posted by Mad Mike
Got to go with Gump on this one Irish, except for his shot at the Irish - but forgiven with all the .
Seems to me that about a million mails back brother Stro was saying he was in the bar earlier in the evening and it didn't require a rocket scientist to realize this wasn't the place to be and left. About 2 million mails back it might have been you who wrote that the IP's where leaving and Smith decided to go to the head separating himself from his brothers.
At the end of the day, you might be just as happy to have this guy off the force. He sounds like about 1 sandwich short of a picnic.
For the rest, don't get frustrated. I'm still enjoying the thread.

Originally Posted by SloChicken
Okay, try this one on.
How about they switch places.
What happens to the HA if he is the one being choked out (kind of ironic that a police hold is the culprit) then the HA goes for his concealed weapon and shoots the cop because he is in fear for his life?

What then?

I bet dollars to donuts (pun intended) that the HA would still be in jail, and probably with an attached attempted murder of a PO on the ticket.

What do you think?

I think the "double-standard" of justice on each side of the line and furthermore the IPs apparent ability to walk both sides is what everybody has the prob with.

Again, in my opinion. I avoid contact with cops as much as possible. Saves the trouble of finding out if they are good cops, or bad cops.
Originally Posted by northern64
well.... i know if i was in a bar where i didnt feel "welcome" i sure as hell wouldnt be stoppin at the bathroom to take wizz on the way out!

Originally Posted by baxter
too bad dunkin donuts doesnt serve beers they could just have hung out there and had all the comforts their used to. .... and that was said with a smile :-)
I had to throw this one in there, it is spot on.

Originally Posted by Mad Mike
Whoa there partner. Even at my age where takin' a leak means like right now! Any normal guy should have been puckering enough to get his butt out the door and duck around the corner.
Whole issue from the git go has been one of common sense period! Read my past mails bro, I'm on your side but I'd distance myself from this dude. He's makin' y'll look bad and judging by some of these mails you could do with some good press.

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
Precisely, My dear Watson. No requirement to be a "No Chit Cherlock" on that.
All I have said, is THIS guy was an idiot.
We all have the RIGHT to walk into any establishment we choose. But if the establishment is being patronized by peeps who don't like me, do you really think I am going to hang around there? Whether I have the RIGHT to or not?

Old 09-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Darkstar
Tourer

Originally Posted by RIDEIRISH

I've made 2 predictions(based on FACTS and knowledge of the penal code) that came to be, the perjury charge and the assault charge were dropped...Now I'll make another one, the gun charge will be found to be unenforceable....Like I've said on this already too, this is going to be the "litmus test" for the HR 218 FLEOSA....The charges will be dismissed.

Any takers? I'll throw up a case of your favorite beer....

Yeah...you really went out on a limb with those predictions. Betting against the cops in any legal proceeding is a suckers bet but you know that already. I don't doubt the HA's provoked a situation. My only questions are whether the IP truly feared for his life and needed to use that much force and whether or not he was attacked by more than one man because if parts of the cop's story isn't true then why should anyone believe any of it based on his past history with the club? Also why was the fireman IP carrying in a bar when last I checked firemen aren't LEO's?

Old 09-17-2008, 11:02 AM
White-Trash
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Coastie
Wow! I cant believe were still talking about this! If this had been an HA vs. a Bandito, this thread wouldn't have made it half this far.

The cop made a mistake, (being in the wrong place at the wrong time) showed poor judgement. Carrying while drinking, more poor judgement. The HA made some bad decisions too) assaulting an indevidual known to be a police officer.

The cop will pay, he'll probably never work in LE again, and he may get a slap on the wrist from the court system.

The HA got what he deserved...shot. He was stupid, he assaulted a police officer, and will probably have to pay his dues to the court system also.

All of this has been said over and over again, why are we still talking about it.

Oh, and it has been said throuout this thread that "LEO's should be held to a higher standard".....we are. This guy will lose his job! If he was a welder or anything else he would already be back to work (and this thread would have died long ago).

Cops are people too, and once in a while, some make stupid mistakes. And when we do "Trust me" we are held accountable. All the publicity this case has stirred up is proof of that. When a cop makes a mistake everybody hears about it. When anybody else makes a mistake its buisness as useual.
Another, very well said! Someone who gets "IT"

Old 09-17-2008, 11:03 AM
RIDEIRISH
Tourer

Again Dope, YOU are the one who refuses to acknowledge the FACTS....

First story reported on this way back when...

Bar manager state "The IP were in here all night and were just happy go lucky guys, enjoying themselves at bike week...."

It's been stated as FACT, the IP were there first....so the first line of Gump's that you just quoted right above, ends the discussion right there....

Old 09-17-2008, 11:09 AM
RIDEIRISH
Tourer

Dope, all the quotes you so graciously re-posted, for the most part are people's personal FEELINGS and opinions based upon unsubstantiated internet stories on the matter....

I'm posting KNOWN FACTS....show me where ANYONE else posted KNOWN FACTS...

And to anybody with knickers in a wad over my attempt to "lighten" the mood...get over it...thought you could handle it.....

Old 09-17-2008, 11:15 AM
1Coastie
Road Master

Now children! Lets all play nice

Old 09-17-2008, 11:18 AM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Coastie
Now children! Lets all play nice

What's the fun in that

Old 09-17-2008, 11:26 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

I haven't had the time to read all the BS in this thread but I do know this. NEVER trust a biker wearing a fanny pack! It's usually a cop packin his best lil' friend! Drunk cop ran over and killed a girl here in NorCal a little while back. Didn't even get convicted of manslaughter. So don't preach to all of us about how your treated just like everybody else!

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"