General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:16 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
Because its yet another example of what you refuse to acknowledge.
Bad- How is a guy shooting his neighbor over a lawn watering dispute even remotely compare to this incident?

Old 09-16-2008, 07:10 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
Bad- How is a guy shooting his neighbor over a lawn watering dispute even remotely compare to this incident?

Hello stro,

The ipmc incident draws attention to a number of LEO issues (in my opinion only, not saying I'm right). the ipmc issue points to a growing number of LEO's who have lost sight of the time honored tradition of being and LEO and who are out of control.

The front lawn story involved an LEO. If its the incident I am thinking of, it happened in Rhode Island. The LEO neighbor handled his neighbor dispute by flat out shooting the guy when he went to retrieve his sons ball. I may be wrong and happily will stand corrected. There's just so many of crimes that involve LEO's these days its hard to keep track of them or keep them straight.

Last edited by badinfluence63; 09-16-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 PM
MR. SCOOTINN
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole thing between the ip & angels remind me of the incident between the angels & mongols in vegas...except at sturgis it was a leo club...both start jawing one of the jumps the other & shhoting starts....except in vegas..The penaltys were alot diffrent...

Old 09-16-2008, 07:43 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
Hello stro,

The ipmc incident draws attention to a number of LEO issues (in my opinion only, not saying I'm right). the ipmc issue points to a growing number of LEO's who have lost sight of the time honored tradition of being and LEO and who are out of control.

The front lawn story involved an LEO. If its the incident I am thinking of, it happened in Rhode Island. The LEO neighbor handled his neighbor dispute by flat out shooting the guy when he went to retrieve his sons ball. I may be wrong and happily will stand corrected. There's just so many of crimes that involve LEO's these days its hard to keep track of them or keep them straight.
No one will dispute the fact that some cops go bad, or make bad decisions. It happens. Cops are, after all, people. When you think of the number of cops in this country, though, compared to the number of crimes committed by cops, it's gotta be WAY less than average. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.. MOST cops are GOOD at what they do and are GOOD people. Some of us even have a sense of humor and might make good company. The nature of police work means that MOST of the interactions they have with the general public will be negative. It's tough to keep a good image when so many are convinced you're a ****head from the word go. Almost every time I write a traffic ticket, I'm told "thank you" (never ceases to amaze me), but I'm sure as soon as I walk away they're thinking "********". When you see a cop crime in the paper, remember, it's probably only a story BECAUSE he's a cop. Makes good media.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:53 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is the link about the dispute over water the lawn or whatever, article says plant, (what knid??) and this man did not even shot at anyone and still charged with attempted murder, as a matter of fact he did not even harm anyone, so why can a drunk cop shoot someone and walk? I do not understand our legal system, I guess.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...81QnAD934O4RO0

Old 09-16-2008, 08:24 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Stro, you are beating your against the wall.

One call at a time, and maybe one positive interaction at a time.....It's the best you can hope for.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:29 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
Here is the link about the dispute over water the lawn or whatever, article says plant, (what knid??) and this man did not even shot at anyone and still charged with attempted murder, as a matter of fact he did not even harm anyone, so why can a drunk cop shoot someone and walk? I do not understand our legal system, I guess.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...81QnAD934O4RO0
Different story. Heres the one I was referring to:

http://www.projo.com/news/content/pr...g.bafab5d.html

Old 09-16-2008, 08:40 PM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboy115
I dont know I dont think any off duty cop should carry. I know of an incident that a cop parked in a handy cap with his family in the car (His personal vehicle) and walked into a bank (with a silver 9mm on his hip) and proceeded to get in line. I was wondering why in the hell security did not ask him for his badge or identification. I know in texas no one is allowed a firearm in banks or certain buisnesses unless directed by the manager.

Banks aren't off limits in TX unless posted properly with a 30.06 sign.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/ls-16.pdf

Q: Where can I not carry my handgun?
A: Handguns and other weapons cannot be carried at schools or on
school buses, at polling places, in courts and court offices, at
racetracks, at secured airport areas or within 1,000 feet of the
premises of an execution on the day of execution. The law also
specifically prohibits handguns from businesses where alcohol is sold
if more than half of their revenue is from the sale of alcohol for onpremises
consumption, and from locations where high school, college
or professional sporting events are taking place. You may not carry
handguns in hospitals or nursing homes, amusement parks, places of
worship or at government meetings if signs are posted prohibiting
them. Businesses also may post signs prohibiting handguns on their
premises based on criminal trespass laws. See Texas Penal Code 5
46.035. (Judges, prosecuting attorneys, peace officers and parole
officers should consult Texas Penal Code 5 46.15 regarding
exemptions from the "no-carry" rules of the Penal Code.)

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Why should they cooperate?

Who do you think is on their side?

They do and will take care of business in their own time.

Take that however you want to.

I couldn't care less if they cooperate or not, but you can't refuse to cooperate and then scream you got screwed. You screwed yourself.

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
The HA as most other OMG have always refused to cooperate with LEO. So what's new abouth this? They police their own and I'd bet a dollar to one of your doughnut (pun intended) holes that this is a long way from being over....

oops didn't see lions post above..btw lions I like the way you think...

See above

BTW: I don't eat doughnuts and I'm not a cop, but I do exercise common sense.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

Originally Posted by stro1965
No one will dispute the fact that some cops go bad, or make bad decisions. It happens. Cops are, after all, people. When you think of the number of cops in this country, though, compared to the number of crimes committed by cops, it's gotta be WAY less than average. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.. MOST cops are GOOD at what they do and are GOOD people. Some of us even have a sense of humor and might make good company. The nature of police work means that MOST of the interactions they have with the general public will be negative. It's tough to keep a good image when so many are convinced you're a ****head from the word go. Almost every time I write a traffic ticket, I'm told "thank you" (never ceases to amaze me), but I'm sure as soon as I walk away they're thinking "********". When you see a cop crime in the paper, remember, it's probably only a story BECAUSE he's a cop. Makes good media.
I agree. I know a few. In fact I just loaned my motorcycle trailer to one and helped him load his bike in the pouring rain and watched his 2 little kids for him while he took care of some monetary transactions. He's a great one though.

However the cop stories are more then just a story. To have gotten to that point, somethings rotten in Denmark besides the cheese. And the bad cops and bad cop stories are at an all time high. And what better way to fix the problem then w/in the ranks. I am sure you work with a number of undesirables. I am sure you know who they are. The challenge is getting him/her out of the LEO career ranks for ever and to pursue work else where.

Yes cops are people too. However they are in charge of an extraordinary capacity...to combine courage,humility and wisdom. Not ego, bravadocio and abuse of power. And for damn sure not to be committing the plethora of crimes we see being commited today by LEO's today.

Step outside the blue box and see things from the law abiding civilians/citizens who have been mistreated while at the mercy of the badge and the gun or who read the same stories about criminal LEO's that I do............

If I was an LEO my nick name would be "SERPICO JUNIOR" and I would be proud of that label. Any cop I saw acting remotely contradictory to how I would want to be represented I would report his biotch ***, blue wall my ***.

Last edited by badinfluence63; 09-16-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:12 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,591 Likes on 22,694 Posts

Bottom line is that LEO's are not supposed to be seen in a bad light, at least this is the upheld public perception. Furthermore, LEO's should have even more accountability with in the public and should be held to higher standards, period than is JQ Public.

If the IP in question is such a do gooder, he would not have even been in the bar at that time in the morning, knowing full well that something like this had the potential of happening.
Come on I was born in the day, but it sure wasn't yesterday.

Let's see be a LEO and wear a 3 piece patch into a bar that is over run with 81's at that time in the morning, knowing that most in the bar at this time are probably intoxicated.
Got his ticket punched and cries foul.
What did he expect?
Hang out and talk shop.
I think not........
You wanna hang with the 1%ers, this is what can happen.

He's lucky he didn't get killed.
I highly doubt that this is even close to being finished on many different levels.

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"