General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:37 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by MR. SCOOTINN
It is very simple the cops broke the laws..& any law enforcement officer for the people are not beyond the law...In this instance the cop may have been justified to protect him slef..but he broke the carry law & as any other civilian would be charged so should they...I Rember i guy in miami..had robbers breaking into his houes..about 3 times..& had stell bars on his window..even with that they broke in..so he put an electrical charge to it,,to protect his property & life & one of the robbers died from it..so he was charged with 2nd degree murder...So it is not about what is right & wrong..It is about the law..& they broke it.

I'm sorry, but they haven't been convicted of anything yet. And I surely don't think they'll be convicted of CCW. Federal law allows it. Period. The prosecutor steering that grand jury might just be an idiot. We shall see, if the shooter is found guilty of assault then he should face the music but, I say again, he's not convicted of anything yet.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:38 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well My grandpa was a sherriffs dispatcher/ jailer after having retired as a paid fireman.
I am a vol. fireman and have friends that are cops.
In my town of 800 we have a cheif of police then his sergent and a couple of reserve officers.
The sergent thinks he is big shi8 and likes to flex his authority.
The other week he got his *** kicked.
Now a couple years ago the cheif, he wasnt cheif at the time, got jumped by a gang of dope dealers and went to the hospital with a collapsed lung.
Hes a great easy going guy, will give you a break when ever he can.
So its a shame this happened to him.
Now two nights ago, tuesday, me and the wife jump on the glide for a short ride after having worked in the yard all day.
Just as we leave the city limits, a county sherriff from the next county comes up on our tails, I speed up to 65 speed limit only 55, he stays right there, then when he passes he almost pulls in on top of me.
I hollerd at him that the speed limit was 55 and he went outta sight.
He was more then likely going home from the county on the other side of us after having been to training at the military base.
Why do officers think that they have a right to fly up and down the road?
I see off duty officers in their personal cars flying up and down the road but let them get on duty and catch you going a few miles over and they pull you over and cite you and talk down to you.
I was taught to respect the law but I gotta tell you if you dont deserve my respect ill be damned if your gonna get it.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by brenn
The law is in effect - 18 USC § 926B. Not sure what you're talking about as far as "never been implemented," but you're wrong. I don't claim to be the country's greatest expert on it, but I have taught academy classes about it, drafted state admin regulations and published a legal magazine article about it - there are even a few court cases on it already (i.e., one in NY determined that a Coast Guard member was allowed to carry under LEOSA).

As far as drinking, that isn't in 926B - it just says you can't be "under the influence" which is not the same as "not drinking" as we found out many years ago when our DUI laws said "under the influence" and we found out we needed to change them to a per se BA limit to get convictions.

So, as I said, I don't see anything in the article to tell me who was wrong or why.

Brenn- one of the articles printed in the Rapid City Journal following the indictments quoted an ATF "spokesman" out of Denver as saying that the DOJ had never drafted the rules and never "implemented" the law, so it's not in effect. Everyone I've talked to since, including one ATF agent, looked at me like I was speaking Chinese. "HUH???"

Old 09-04-2008, 08:45 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also know of a guy that was a city cop in the town I grew up in.
He was the tough ill get you kind, always looking for or stirring up trouble.
Well I was a teenager when the fat jerk was caught stealing steaks from the local grocery store while on duty in his police uniform!
And what about the deputy sherriff that thinks hes billy badass and always stirring **** only to spend his weekends in the nut ward at the local hospital?
There are good cops out there, but theres too many sorry ones also.
Not saying the cop in this case is bad or good.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Look at it this way.

The guy started talking $hit to a 1%er

The 1%er administered an a$$kicking, as he should. That's how stupid people learn.

Cop got his feelings hurt

Played chicken-$hit and pulled a gun

"You take on one Hells Angel you take on them all"

Media releases the shooters name and where he is from

Shooter spends the rest of his life looking over his back....as sooner or later, the 1%er's bro's will set things equal.

It is~ what it is~ gentlemen.

~Joe

Old 09-04-2008, 09:08 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
Brenn- one of the articles printed in the Rapid City Journal following the indictments quoted an ATF "spokesman" out of Denver as saying that the DOJ had never drafted the rules and never "implemented" the law, so it's not in effect. Everyone I've talked to since, including one ATF agent, looked at me like I was speaking Chinese. "HUH???"
Yeah, the ATF guy in the paper was spouting nonsense (if he was quoted right) - not unheard of. It's a statute that restricts the states from enforcing certain laws and it doesn't require any DOJ regs to do it.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:55 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Jim...some of the attitudes displayed in here, from a cop's perspective, are exactly what fosters the "us versus them" bull****. Why would any cop want to even be a part of a group like this? I've seen a bunch come and go.

I personally have many more "civilian" friends than cop friends, but I'm not too sure that's normal. Every time I turn around there's a bunch of new guys in here that need to flex their muscles and tell everyone how tough they are and how bad the cops are. Let me share something with ya...EVERYONE has a bad cop story or two. SO DO I. But bad cops are NOT the norm.

Just yesterday, in 2 separate incidents, I arrested black females. In both cases I went out of my way to be courteous and accomodating. In both cases I was called a racist.

Maybe it's just easier for us to hang out with others in the "club". I choose to venture outside once in a while, hope you don't mind.

Tut, OPD response to the mall shooting wasn't great, but it wouldn't have mattered. The shooter was already dead. Do you know how rare it is for police to get to an active shooter situation in time to intervene? EXTREMELY.

And to all you experts, I'll continue to "pack", whether I happen to wander into a bar with my friends or not. I'll be the guy drinking diet Pepsi, but I WILL be CCW.
Well for one thing, you sold me maybe a year ago. I came on here a cop hater. I've since decided that there are good ones and bad ones just like everything else in life.

$.02

Old 09-04-2008, 09:55 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by traveler
Look at it this way.

The guy started talking $hit to a 1%er

The 1%er administered an a$$kicking, as he should. That's how stupid people learn.

Cop got his feelings hurt

Played chicken-$hit and pulled a gun

"You take on one Hells Angel you take on them all"

Media releases the shooters name and where he is from

Shooter spends the rest of his life looking over his back....as sooner or later, the 1%er's bro's will set things equal.

It is~ what it is~ gentlemen.

~Joe
So you were there Joe? How else could you know all this stuff that no one else seems to know? I'm impressed.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JBaker421
Well for one thing, you sold me maybe a year ago. I came on here a cop hater. I've since decided that there are good ones and bad ones just like everything else in life.

$.02

Thanks JBaker. I knew I'd get to ya sooner or later!! LOL

Old 09-04-2008, 09:58 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks JBaker. I knew I'd get to ya sooner or later!! LOL
Yeah, I decided that you're one of the baaaaad ones, lmoa.

JOKING!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"