General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Mike
Hey Piggy, asking a question like that could start this thread all over again!
haha sorry about that.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:08 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
Don't know who was at fault. Wasn't there. What I do know is that there are a lot of people on here that just plain hate cops. Doesn't matter if they know them or not. They have some real hostility. I have interacted with 1%'s many times in my law enforcement career. I have never met a 1% that treated me as badly as some of you have on here with your name calling. But that's ok. Because, unlike some of you, I know the truth. The truth is, I hate bad cops as much as anyone else who believes in fair play does. I do not treat anyone with disrespect or contempt. Now, am I always nice to everyone I meet? No. Sometimes that's not possible. But I certainly don't treat them like sh** and make the situation worse. I have found that most 1%'s will eyeball you when you encounter them. But I have to admit that I eyeball them too! I was told by a cop when I first started my career to not hate the criminal but hate the crime they commit. I have always tried to remember that. I go to work each day and remember why I put that badge on for the very first time. I did it not so I could change the world, but so that I could help people who could not help themselves so that they might live free of fear, danger or intimidation. I thank God every day that there are men and women who are willing to run into the face of danger when others are running away. Having said all that, I also think I should tell you this: In addition to being one of the best cops I have ever known, I am a member of a LEMC. I wear a three piece patch and I am the VP of my chapter. Do I try and imitate a 1% club? I sure hope not. They are outlaws........I am not. I have spent my entire adult life (20 yrs USMC / 14 yrs LEO) living by the laws and rules and providing service to others who do the same. Do I think I should have to ask permission to wear that patch from a confederation of clubs (which in AZ is most likely controlled by a 1% club)? No, I don't think I should have to ask. I think I have earned my right to do that as a free American who has served, and continues to serve this great country of ours. I also believe that if the HA's or any other 1% club wants to do the things they do, they are smart enough to realize there are consequences. They do what they do, I do what I do. As I said before I was in Sturgis. I don't know exactly what happened. If the IPMC member was in fear for his life, then good on him for stopping the threat. If he was in the wrong, then he needs to pay the price like anyone else. Now I am going to bed!
Great post!

Old 09-09-2008, 10:17 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by RIDEIRISH
I'm losing you..JTO simply implied that he thinks the IPMC gave LE a black eye...that's his opinion. He's entitled. He wasn't giving details of the case.

I was. My account came from the State AG's office and numerous LE agency reports, that were present, local and Federal. I cannot and will not comment any further on my sources, sorta like a good reporter, right? LOL

Certain important details were intentionally left out for obvious reasons. This is an on going investigation. You understand I hope.

I've said it in one of my posts. Noone here knows me from Adam...I don't expect anyone to take my word as gospel. I'm just trying to give enough details so you guys could make informed opinions on this topic.

My posting on this subject should also not be construed as standing behind the "Thin Blue Line" of corruption or blindly supporting an alleged "dirty cop" based solely on the fact that he's a cop. In my particular line of work in LE, there's absolutely no wiggle room for a copper to be there accept for only the right reasons...If I or one of my team thinks a fellow copper is in the "game" for the wrong reasons or shows certain traits as to bring question upon himself with his conduct, he's gone..poof, see ya later. He'll be counting traffic cones behind headquarters for the rest of his career.

You'll notice, this topic and the related ones were going for a few days BEFORE I added my .02...That's because I took the time to find out the real deal before running off at the mouth, unlike some of the posters here...that's really the only thing I took offense too...Blindly supporting anything without the facts is stupid(that's an opinion, lol) I surround myself with people who are on the ball and know the facts before they speak out on something, whether it be the economy, religion, politics, laying tile, building a shed or an officer involved shooting.

Listen, don't label me or hate me because I'm a copper...Although it's who I am and I love what I do, and I guide my life by the law, I'm still an OK guy..LOL You'd sit next to me at a bar and never know what I did for a living, trust me, and you'd laugh your *** off and have a good time. Hell come to think of it, most people who know me don't know what I do for a living...

So, who's buying?
Alright maybe I misread JTO's post, I don't know.

As for hating you because you are a cop. lol I hope you didn't mean me. I do not hate cops, I work as a jail officer and a few of my friends are cops. I was just trying to figure out which person had the better info.

And you are buying

Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 AM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
Thank you, Sir. It was done out of respect for his family. I'd do the same for ANYBODY on here as long as I had access.
Again, Thanx, and 'Be Free, Son'
I've heard that thread referenced a couple of times, but don't see it. What is it titled and in which section???

Old 09-09-2008, 10:37 AM
yankeeflyer72
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMEN to whatever the hell this post is about...
Can't we all just get along...Rodney King...lol

Last edited by yankeeflyer72; 09-09-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
AISTQM
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Desert Dog
+1 Thanks

Old 09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Slaps
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yankeeflyer72
AMEN to whatever the hell this post is about...
Can't we all just get along...Rodney King...lol
Sorry but Rodney King is a terrible reference to Cops. After reading the times article on that story I had a new view on what went wrong and it was safe to say I did not blame the cops. Maybe when i get more info on this story it will be the same way.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:43 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
Yeah. Hey, I just heard a rumor that the ATF will be, within the next few days, issuing an official retraction regarding the "spokesperson" who commented that the federal carry law is not in effect. I hope it's true, we seriously need this cleared up.
Good thing to hear. It'd be great if a law had some common sense attached to it, but it was written by lawyer-politicians.

Now if they would only actually follow the 2nd Amendment so there wouldn't be any need for concealed carry, open carry, etc. laws.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 AM
OU812
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by traveler
Nope.

If it went down like they said, and the HA acted in haste, he will be taken care of by the club, BUT.....

Every HA is REQUIRED to jump in if one fo them for any reason is taken on.

It's a sad thing, I'm just telling you that whgether people want to admit it or not, they stick together, and they are not afradi to go to jail to defend a brother.

Cops may be tight knit, but how amany cops do you know are willing to kill for each other, or do a stretch for another one? HA's put the club before family, before everything.

HA's don't go around starting $hit.....it causes too many problems. You have to basically start it with them. If you disrespect them or their "family" then "it's on".

The Seattle PD needs to get rid of this bum, and this bum needs to pray that he won't be paid a visit down the road.

~Joe
You hit the nail on the head

Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 AM
atlasfields
Cruiser

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"