General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:51 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more and more places are doing the no color policy.it's the buisness they have that right it just to bad this happen first.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:07 AM
aimhard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
Don't know who was at fault. Wasn't there. What I do know is that there are a lot of people on here that just plain hate cops. Doesn't matter if they know them or not. They have some real hostility. I have interacted with 1%'s many times in my law enforcement career. I have never met a 1% that treated me as badly as some of you have on here with your name calling. But that's ok. Because, unlike some of you, I know the truth. The truth is, I hate bad cops as much as anyone else who believes in fair play does. I do not treat anyone with disrespect or contempt. Now, am I always nice to everyone I meet? No. Sometimes that's not possible. But I certainly don't treat them like sh** and make the situation worse. I have found that most 1%'s will eyeball you when you encounter them. But I have to admit that I eyeball them too! I was told by a cop when I first started my career to not hate the criminal but hate the crime they commit. I have always tried to remember that. I go to work each day and remember why I put that badge on for the very first time. I did it not so I could change the world, but so that I could help people who could not help themselves so that they might live free of fear, danger or intimidation. I thank God every day that there are men and women who are willing to run into the face of danger when others are running away. Having said all that, I also think I should tell you this: In addition to being one of the best cops I have ever known, I am a member of a LEMC. I wear a three piece patch and I am the VP of my chapter. Do I try and imitate a 1% club? I sure hope not. They are outlaws........I am not. I have spent my entire adult life (20 yrs USMC / 14 yrs LEO) living by the laws and rules and providing service to others who do the same. Do I think I should have to ask permission to wear that patch from a confederation of clubs (which in AZ is most likely controlled by a 1% club)? No, I don't think I should have to ask. I think I have earned my right to do that as a free American who has served, and continues to serve this great country of ours. I also believe that if the HA's or any other 1% club wants to do the things they do, they are smart enough to realize there are consequences. They do what they do, I do what I do. As I said before I was in Sturgis. I don't know exactly what happened. If the IPMC member was in fear for his life, then good on him for stopping the threat. If he was in the wrong, then he needs to pay the price like anyone else. Now I am going to bed!
I'm with you. However the 3 piece patch should be left to the criminals. It makes them easier to spot and take down. All the other groups using them confuses things.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:34 AM
jto667
Tourer

Originally Posted by rdam
Can you confirm that? There is a difference between carrying a concealed weapon and carrying a concealed firearm. In Florida, the former is a misdemeanor, the latter a felony.
Here you go rdam and other readers.....

22-14-9. Carrying pistol or revolver without a permit--Misdemeanor. Any person, other than a law enforcement officer acting under color of authority, who:

(1) Carries a pistol or revolver, loaded or unloaded, concealed on or about his or her person without a permit as provided in chapter 23-7; or

(2) Carries a pistol or revolver, loaded or unloaded, concealed in any vehicle while operating the vehicle, without a permit as provided in chapter 23-7;
is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by aimhard
I'm with you. However the 3 piece patch should be left to the criminals. It makes them easier to spot and take down. All the other groups using them confuses things.
I agree. I'd rather know who I'm talking to.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by stro1965
I agree. I'd rather know who I'm talking to.
Amen, I'm with you on that. Looks like you got the early shift today stro?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:39 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeah. Hey, I just heard a rumor that the ATF will be, within the next few days, issuing an official retraction regarding the "spokesperson" who commented that the federal carry law is not in effect. I hope it's true, we seriously need this cleared up.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:47 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah. Hey, I just heard a rumor that the ATF will be, within the next few days, issuing an official retraction regarding the "spokesperson" who commented that the federal carry law is not in effect. I hope it's true, we seriously need this cleared up.
Well maybe the "A"tf will also mention something about the officer being under the influence and (in my option) was wrong for even being where he was when he was. Regardless to the laws that are written there are ways built in to bypass them (in most cases) weather it be for the good or the bad!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:54 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
Well maybe the "A"tf will also mention something about the officer being under the influence and (in my option) was wrong for even being where he was when he was. Regardless to the laws that are written there are ways built in to bypass them (in most cases) weather it be for the good or the bad!

Yeah, I'm not talking about him drinking, just the bigger picture concerning the federal law. It needs clarified.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
RIDEIRISH
Tourer

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Ok now RideIrish said he had some inside info pointing towards it looking like the HA were at fault and now jto667 says he has some inside info and it sounds as though he is hinting that it looks to be the IP MC that were at fault.
Alright guys who has the better inside info?
I'm losing you..JTO simply implied that he thinks the IPMC gave LE a black eye...that's his opinion. He's entitled. He wasn't giving details of the case.

I was. My account came from the State AG's office and numerous LE agency reports, that were present, local and Federal. I cannot and will not comment any further on my sources, sorta like a good reporter, right? LOL

Certain important details were intentionally left out for obvious reasons. This is an on going investigation. You understand I hope.

I've said it in one of my posts. Noone here knows me from Adam...I don't expect anyone to take my word as gospel. I'm just trying to give enough details so you guys could make informed opinions on this topic.

My posting on this subject should also not be construed as standing behind the "Thin Blue Line" of corruption or blindly supporting an alleged "dirty cop" based solely on the fact that he's a cop. In my particular line of work in LE, there's absolutely no wiggle room for a copper to be there accept for only the right reasons...If I or one of my team thinks a fellow copper is in the "game" for the wrong reasons or shows certain traits as to bring question upon himself with his conduct, he's gone..poof, see ya later. He'll be counting traffic cones behind headquarters for the rest of his career.

You'll notice, this topic and the related ones were going for a few days BEFORE I added my .02...That's because I took the time to find out the real deal before running off at the mouth, unlike some of the posters here...that's really the only thing I took offense too...Blindly supporting anything without the facts is stupid(that's an opinion, lol) I surround myself with people who are on the ball and know the facts before they speak out on something, whether it be the economy, religion, politics, laying tile, building a shed or an officer involved shooting.

Listen, don't label me or hate me because I'm a copper...Although it's who I am and I love what I do, and I guide my life by the law, I'm still an OK guy..LOL You'd sit next to me at a bar and never know what I did for a living, trust me, and you'd laugh your *** off and have a good time. Hell come to think of it, most people who know me don't know what I do for a living...

So, who's buying?

Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I'm not talking about him drinking, just the bigger picture concerning the federal law. It needs clarified.
Yeah, I am with you on that one.

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"