General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:36 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
I have to agree. I was hit by an on duty deputy who was doing over double the speed limit for no apparent reason. I nearly died & ,aside from the other injuries, lost an arm. He didn't even get a ticket.

My wife has a back injury from a similiar incident.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Lyfer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't type a word and 300 responses. I just posted the story to let people know there were no more colors allowed at the Road House.
Lots of interesting opinions for sure.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:31 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok now RideIrish said he had some inside info pointing towards it looking like the HA were at fault and now jto667 says he has some inside info and it sounds as though he is hinting that it looks to be the IP MC that were at fault.
Alright guys who has the better inside info?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
aimhard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lyfer
Didn't type a word and 300 responses. I just posted the story to let people know there were no more colors allowed at the Road House.
It sure has been entertaining. Best thing since Rodney K...

Old 09-08-2008, 10:58 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lyfer
That's what's great about this country: 300,000,000 people; 600,000,000 opinions, or more if you wait long enough

Old 09-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Ok now RideIrish said he had some inside info pointing towards it looking like the HA were at fault and now jto667 says he has some inside info and it sounds as though he is hinting that it looks to be the IP MC that were at fault.
Alright guys who has the better inside info?
Hey Piggy, asking a question like that could start this thread all over again!

Old 09-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Devil Dog
Tourer

Don't know who was at fault. Wasn't there. What I do know is that there are a lot of people on here that just plain hate cops. Doesn't matter if they know them or not. They have some real hostility. I have interacted with 1%'s many times in my law enforcement career. I have never met a 1% that treated me as badly as some of you have on here with your name calling. But that's ok. Because, unlike some of you, I know the truth. The truth is, I hate bad cops as much as anyone else who believes in fair play does. I do not treat anyone with disrespect or contempt. Now, am I always nice to everyone I meet? No. Sometimes that's not possible. But I certainly don't treat them like sh** and make the situation worse. I have found that most 1%'s will eyeball you when you encounter them. But I have to admit that I eyeball them too! I was told by a cop when I first started my career to not hate the criminal but hate the crime they commit. I have always tried to remember that. I go to work each day and remember why I put that badge on for the very first time. I did it not so I could change the world, but so that I could help people who could not help themselves so that they might live free of fear, danger or intimidation. I thank God every day that there are men and women who are willing to run into the face of danger when others are running away. Having said all that, I also think I should tell you this: In addition to being one of the best cops I have ever known, I am a member of a LEMC. I wear a three piece patch and I am the VP of my chapter. Do I try and imitate a 1% club? I sure hope not. They are outlaws........I am not. I have spent my entire adult life (20 yrs USMC / 14 yrs LEO) living by the laws and rules and providing service to others who do the same. Do I think I should have to ask permission to wear that patch from a confederation of clubs (which in AZ is most likely controlled by a 1% club)? No, I don't think I should have to ask. I think I have earned my right to do that as a free American who has served, and continues to serve this great country of ours. I also believe that if the HA's or any other 1% club wants to do the things they do, they are smart enough to realize there are consequences. They do what they do, I do what I do. As I said before I was in Sturgis. I don't know exactly what happened. If the IPMC member was in fear for his life, then good on him for stopping the threat. If he was in the wrong, then he needs to pay the price like anyone else. Now I am going to bed!

Old 09-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Devil Dog
Tourer
Default ooops

Ooops, should have proof read a little better. At the end I said I was in Sturgis. That's a damned lie! I was NOT there. Sorry.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
Don't know who was at fault. Wasn't there. What I do know is that there are a lot of people on here that just plain hate cops. Doesn't matter if they know them or not. They have some real hostility. I have interacted with 1%'s many times in my law enforcement career. I have never met a 1% that treated me as badly as some of you have on here with your name calling. But that's ok. Because, unlike some of you, I know the truth. The truth is, I hate bad cops as much as anyone else who believes in fair play does. I do not treat anyone with disrespect or contempt. Now, am I always nice to everyone I meet? No. Sometimes that's not possible. But I certainly don't treat them like sh** and make the situation worse. I have found that most 1%'s will eyeball you when you encounter them. But I have to admit that I eyeball them too! I was told by a cop when I first started my career to not hate the criminal but hate the crime they commit. I have always tried to remember that. I go to work each day and remember why I put that badge on for the very first time. I did it not so I could change the world, but so that I could help people who could not help themselves so that they might live free of fear, danger or intimidation. I thank God every day that there are men and women who are willing to run into the face of danger when others are running away. Having said all that, I also think I should tell you this: In addition to being one of the best cops I have ever known, I am a member of a LEMC. I wear a three piece patch and I am the VP of my chapter. Do I try and imitate a 1% club? I sure hope not. They are outlaws........I am not. I have spent my entire adult life (20 yrs USMC / 14 yrs LEO) living by the laws and rules and providing service to others who do the same. Do I think I should have to ask permission to wear that patch from a confederation of clubs (which in AZ is most likely controlled by a 1% club)? No, I don't think I should have to ask. I think I have earned my right to do that as a free American who has served, and continues to serve this great country of ours. I also believe that if the HA's or any other 1% club wants to do the things they do, they are smart enough to realize there are consequences. They do what they do, I do what I do. As I said before I was in Sturgis. I don't know exactly what happened. If the IPMC member was in fear for his life, then good on him for stopping the threat. If he was in the wrong, then he needs to pay the price like anyone else. Now I am going to bed!
A big Semper Fi before you pop off to bed Devil Dog - maybe you'll sleep better. It's all been said before so I won't re-hash but I'm not sure I agree with 'they are smart enough to know better' on the part of the HA's but your IP brothers should have known better and just exercised a little better judgement. Now you can hit that sack. MM

Old 09-09-2008, 04:21 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That people have caste light on some inappropriate LEO behavior does not indicate that they hate LEO's or LEO's are hated. The behavior expressed exist and it is endemic throughout the USA. The problem is when other LEO's turn a blinds eye to any LEO's incorrect behavior or simply runs to there defense based soley on that is what LEO's are expected to do for each other. To do otherwise would be considered a snitch or not a team player. I happen to think thats wrong. Snitch is a criminal reference to divulging harmful information exposing the perpetrator of a particular crime. In the case of LEO's and the blue wall or the obligation to be supportive 100% for a fellow officer when the LEO has crossed the line criminally and unprofessionally is wrong. I am not a LEO. I don't dislike LEO's. I do think the participation of LEO's to conduct themselves like criminals with a code of silence when it comes to keeping there ranks in line is way off base. Right and wrong is black and white. Forgiveness is appropriate but being reprimanded with a modicum of appropriate punshment and held accountable is in order. Tap dancing, making excuses and other diversionary tactics is wrong. I've always thought of the LEO's of the guardians of everything right and just. Not any more. I see alot of LEO's worse then the criminals they are supposed to be protecting us from and I ain't the only one either.

Last edited by badinfluence63; 09-09-2008 at 04:32 AM.

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"