General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 01:04 PM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by faber
So this thread isn't locked yet....

This whole patch system is BS.

That has been my thinking for a long time.

Oh the irony, someone joins a club with a dress code and military type hierarchy so they can be free and an individual.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RIDEIRISH
Badinfluence...please clarify for me and others....

I'll use myself as a perfect example...

I'm a full time, 100% professional, full arrest powers, card carrying LEO.....I've never been in bar fights(as a combatant, but have broken a few up in my day while working), unless you count the few times while in the USMC, back in the day(young dumb and full of ***)Never robbed, beaten, threatened or intimidated anyone because of a support t-shirt they were wearing, never asked anyone to remove a piece of clothing. Never sold illegal firearms, never ran drugs, never cooked meth, never used arson for profit, never extorted a strip club or an adult dancer, never stole a motorcycle or delt in stolen parts, let's see what else haven't I done...

I have faced down some pretty "bad" guys in my day, I have been awarded medals for bravery from combat situations, I have worked undercover in major investigations into gangs(all gangs)I treat everyone I come across while in capacity of copper with 100% dignity and respect as a human being, well except the time I collared a child sexual predator, long story for another time...I served my country honorably on active duty as a US Marine, hell I was even a volly foreman for a while too....I was a boyscout and used to help old ladies cross the street. I'll die for my co-worker brothers, I'll kill to keep them alive if I have to(combat situation you understand), I'm dedicated to them, like they are dedicated to me, I love my motorcycle, I use it as a pleasure vehicle and regular transportation, I ride all year in a northern area, bad weather cold weather and all, my brothers all ride motorcycles too, they are all mirror images of me pretty much, we like to ride together becasue of the tremendous amount of things we have in common, when we ride we ride in support of LEO's killed in the line of duty, their families, veteran's(most all of us are vet's too)and children's charities..we wear a vest with patches when we ride, we are 100% true law enforcement professionals. Oh forgot, I have semi long hair and tattoos also...

So, I guess I'm trying to be a 1%, is this what you're trying to say?

We've danced down this aisle before, re-read some of my posts...No I wasn't there per say, but I've been privvy to much info on the offical reports...The fact that this copper is in a LEMC, at a bar at a rally does not mean he was acting or playing billy badass 1%er....He was the exact opposite, he was playing peacemaker, he tried to leave before it escalated, he was attacked and defended himself...Much like I'm sure YOU would've done.

It's the internet and I don't know you yet I am willing to accept every single thing you posted as gospel, but where is one single thing that you posted that justifies LEOs disrespecting the law and carrying concealed weapons into bars when they are drinking?

Old 09-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Jimbo60
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jto667
Cops don't wear 3 piece patches to "imitate" 1%ers. Same as religious clubs, military clubs. They wear them because somewhere along the lines, Blue Knights, Choir Boys, etc adopted that look. Doesn't it make you wonder why they chose to adopt "that" look?
Again, same with military and religious MC's. Do you people think a high ranking military chaplin for example is imitating a 1%er when he puts on his leather with 3 piece patches? Ummm.... are you comparing "high ranking military Chaplains to the average LEO? If 3 piece patches are for outlaws, then we have many others to deal with than just cops that are copying them. If other groups wanted to imitate 1%ers then they would be in the business of extortion, drugs, stolen good, etc etc etc. Haven't some LEOs been involved in the same things? Not necessarily th IPMC though, just some LEOs in general? There are no "laws" as to who can or can't wear 3 piece patches, its how you act and behave when you are showing your colors. Very true. I don't think that there is anybody involved in this forum that hasn't read the many, many threads dealing with just that concept. Did the IPMC act appropriately? Everyone has their own opinon on that. I've seen the bar video, I've seen the Seattle cops photos after the fight, I've talked to the interviewing detective in person, I have an opinion but its based on more than just the media! The question is not if they acted appropriatley during the incident but, did they act appropriately prior to the incident?

If you're a Christian hating outlaw are all the religious clubs at risk then?

If you're a anti government outlaw...which most are not government fans, are the military clubs at risk?

According to most OMG websites, they are like minded individuals that are riding enthusiats that live by a certain set of rules. However those rules aren't posted...I wonder why. But if thats their sales pitch.....why can't other like minded individuals wear their own colors?

It seems that everyone can wear a 3 piece patch but the cops, because it stands for something bad, it stands for a bad lifestyle. I see that you've finally gotten the point! I'm curious what the feeling would be had this been a Leatherneck MC that got in the fight, or a religious mc that shot the HA....would people be wanting to strip them of their right to wear patches? Correct me if I'm wrong here. I don't recall anybody saying that LEOs should be "stripped" of their "right" to wear a patch. Just don't pretend complete innocence when you are called on it.

Here's a scenario for you. In Cali a private security company must have the words "Private Security" embroidered on their shoulder patches. As well as embossed on their badges. It doesn't matter if their uniforms even resemble LE or not. The words must be there. Why do you suppose that is? Perhaps so the public won't confuse them with LE? So why would some LEOs want to be confused with another group?

Just sayin'

........... Jim

Old 09-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Nomad X
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Coastie
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] As far as the three piece patch is concerned, unless your a moron and cant read I cant understand how a LEO MC patch could be confused with a 1% MC patch. The patch says the name of the MC right on it, and when I see one of those patches, I see a LEO not an 1%er and if you see anything different then you cant read!
+1 I was wondering when someone would catch that.
The IPMC is not a 1%er Club. They are a 3 piece LE MC. They are not sanctioned by the AMA,and that technically makes them an "outlaw" club. They might try to look and act like 1%ers,but they are not flying the 1%er diamond patch.
I belong to a 3 piece MC,not a 1% Club,but close enough. Every 1% Club I've ever seen fly's the diamond. You either is,or you ain't.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:20 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is this thread still going on?

I may be new here, but I can't be the only one who looked at this, got embarrassed, and said "holy crap, we're arguing about outlaw motorcycle clubs ON AN INTERNET FORUM which seems so gay/wannabe that we should go play dungeons and dragons to get back some self respect." Anybody...anybody?

Old 09-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Nomad X
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by celticgent
But they use the 3 piece rocker.

They don't have a one piece patch, they don't have a 2 piece patch, they don't have the patches split up in a way that differentiates them from the way that outlaw clubs have done it for over 50 years....

they purposely wear the 3 piece that they KNOW is meant to signify an outlaw club.

that's what i can't understand.
An "outlaw" 3 piece MC and a 1%er MC (3 piece) is two completely different clubs. The structure of a 1% Club is #1 your Club,#2 your family,#3 your job. The Club/Bros come before anything else......always. Club calls,you drop everything and go.

Most 3 piece (non 1%) MC's structure: #1 your family,#2 your job,#3 your club. It's a big time commitment to be a one percenter.

Last edited by Nomad X; 09-07-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:33 PM
07FXSTC
Tourer

Originally Posted by brenn
Is this thread still going on?

I may be new here, but I can't be the only one who looked at this, got embarrassed, and said "holy crap, we're arguing about outlaw motorcycle clubs ON AN INTERNET FORUM which seems so gay/wannabe that we should go play dungeons and dragons to get back some self respect." Anybody...anybody?
Ha - Good one...I want to be a Paladin with spell casting ability...and a three piece patch!

Old 09-07-2008, 04:44 PM
RIDEIRISH
Tourer

Originally Posted by coltsfan
It's the internet and I don't know you yet I am willing to accept every single thing you posted as gospel, but where is one single thing that you posted that justifies LEOs disrespecting the law and carrying concealed weapons into bars when they are drinking?

The IP simply carrying into the bar is not in question, perfectly legal...under HR 218 which is now a law US Code something or other...not sure of the numbers, someone else can chime in...the only thing in question is whether he was under the influence of alcohol when he used the weapon....

Also one of my points was to the poster who stated that any copper wearing a 3pc patch is trying to emulate being a 1%er...I wear a 3pc patch, so I gave my resume if you will, so someone can help me understand in what aspect of my life am I trying to emulate the 1%er lifestyle....

That's it in a nutshell...

Old 09-07-2008, 04:47 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 9,631 Likes on 3,439 Posts

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
Nuttin personal taken...nuttin personal meant...I just tend to speak out loudly on issues I feel strongly about. I respect the fact that ya called the IP's out for what they are...while some others felt the need to defend them no matter what. I probably did a poor job of expressin it, but that's what I meant 'bout generatin contempt for cops among some folks. It's kinda like some blacks supportin blacks just 'cause they're black...or some women supportin women just 'cause they're women...or HA's supportin HA's just 'cause they're HA's. Some cops will defend other cops just 'cause they're cops...and I think that does more harm to the LEO/citizen relationship than most anything else. If it's the perception of the public that LEO's get an automatic pass on some infractions, then folks start wonderin what else goes on behind the scenes. Ain't sayin cops gotta be perfect...just apply that "discretion" legally and fair...and the majority of LEO's I've run across HAVE been fair with me. Hell, last time I was pulled for speedin...MANY years ago...I was headed to Panama City on my birthday...in the middle of nowhere, on a wide open fourlane, with not 'nuther soul in sight for miles. The officer took my license back to the cruiser, came back and handed me my license, and just told me to be careful and slow it down a little. He was very polite...and mighta been takin the conditions into consideration...but, I still think he cut me some slack 'cause he saw from my license that it was my birthday. I just rolled on down the highway singin Happy Birthday to myself...albeit, at a slower pace. LOL

Oh yeah...from East TN, but more towards Chattanooga than Johnson City. You from up 'round there?
Yeah, stopped off in Johnson City to attend ETSU back in 1981. Picked up a wife while I was there (and still have her.) Love East Tennessee and plan to retire there. Greenville, maybe.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Special Liberty
Intermediate

Can't We all get along and just ride our bikes! Its only common sense ,that a Police Officer with a Badge and gun has a license to kill .These police officers are protected under federal law to carry their firearms in any state.They are going thru the motions by charging these Officers and the HA's involved.But more than likely they will be found not guilty.The lesson of all this Don't get into a confrontation with the Police because someone is going to lose.

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"