General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:20 AM
jto667
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RIDEIRISH
Badinfluence...please clarify for me and others....

I'll use myself as a perfect example...

I'm a full time, 100% professional, full arrest powers, card carrying LEO.....I've never been in bar fights(as a combatant, but have broken a few up in my day while working), unless you count the few times while in the USMC, back in the day(young dumb and full of ***)Never robbed, beaten, threatened or intimidated anyone because of a support t-shirt they were wearing, never asked anyone to remove a piece of clothing. Never sold illegal firearms, never ran drugs, never cooked meth, never used arson for profit, never extorted a strip club or an adult dancer, never stole a motorcycle or delt in stolen parts, let's see what else haven't I done...

I have faced down some pretty "bad" guys in my day, I have been awarded medals for bravery from combat situations, I have worked undercover in major investigations into gangs(all gangs)I treat everyone I come across while in capacity of copper with 100% dignity and respect as a human being, well except the time I collared a child sexual predator, long story for another time...I served my country honorably on active duty as a US Marine, hell I was even a volly foreman for a while too....I was a boyscout and used to help old ladies cross the street. I'll die for my co-worker brothers, I'll kill to keep them alive if I have to(combat situation you understand), I'm dedicated to them, like they are dedicated to me, I love my motorcycle, I use it as a pleasure vehicle and regular transportation, I ride all year in a northern area, bad weather cold weather and all, my brothers all ride motorcycles too, they are all mirror images of me pretty much, we like to ride together becasue of the tremendous amount of things we have in common, when we ride we ride in support of LEO's killed in the line of duty, their families, veteran's(most all of us are vet's too)and children's charities..we wear a vest with patches when we ride, we are 100% true law enforcement professionals. Oh forgot, I have semi long hair and tattoos also...

So, I guess I'm trying to be a 1%, is this what you're trying to say?

We've danced down this aisle before, re-read some of my posts...No I wasn't there per say, but I've been privvy to much info on the offical reports...The fact that this copper is in a LEMC, at a bar at a rally does not mean he was acting or playing billy badass 1%er....He was the exact opposite, he was playing peacemaker, he tried to leave before it escalated, he was attacked and defended himself...Much like I'm sure YOU would've done.
BRAVO BRAVO....also a full time, card carrying LEO here. I have seen the video of the incident inside the Loud American, I have seen the photos of the Seattle cop after his *** kicking, I have talked to the detective that interviewed the Seattle cops. I have read many forums about this topic. Just cuz a group/club wears a 3 piece patch does not mean they are copying the OMG's. No one seems to be telling the religious clubs or the military clubs to quit wearing their patches. This unwritten rule about who can or can not wear patches is BS. In my opinion, those patches are symbolic just like a HOG patch, a military patch, a flag per se. Its how you handle yourself while you're flying your flag. Cop "clubs" should act and behave just like they do on duty to a certain degree. Religious and military the same. There are high ranking military and religious individuals that wear 3 piece patches for their club. Does that mean they promote gun running, drug dealing, assault, murder? No it doesn't. Just cuz the Angels, Outlaws etc are basically anarchists doesn't mean everyone wearing leather and patches is.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:45 AM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
While there are many here who have walked the walk and talked the talk and are qualified to speak on the matter the matter speaks for itself in volume! LEO's have no business pretending to present themselves as 1%'s period. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or whatever else you were ranting about to connect the dots on this one. Your broad base diatribe reflects the ignorance of the generalizations your making and it is you ma'm that needs to STFU! I say ma'm because you sound like a biotch.
+1, sounds like middle class is where he dreams of being And Jesus has come back as RIDEIRISH! How wonderful he is

Last edited by l.ray; 09-07-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 AM
aimhard
Cruiser

Reading this thread makes me realize how many bikers are out there, that I dont want to be associated with. The IP's are not the wanna be 1%'s.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Jimbo60
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

There seem to be some LE oriented folks on this thread that just haven’t picked up the plot yet.

It’s like this. Some folks are a little sharper than a bag full of wet mice. We suspect that this whole situation might have been avoided by the officers in question showing some better judgment in their off duty life, by not imitating an OMC or, going into the Loud American Roadhouse in the first place. Isn’t there a saying somewhere that if you play with fire, you might get burned?

LEOs have the responsibility of maintaining a certain amount of professionalism both on and off duty. I know that some of you don’t particularly care for the idea of being held to a higher standard but, you are. That’s not only the way its, it’s the way it should be. I suspect that is the reason for the intricate hiring/training process the profession has adopted. It is supposed to weed out those who don’t meet the higher standard. Because of this higher standard you are all very proud of your profession (presumably)and generally enjoy the public’s trust. Don’t blindly defend a fellow officer just because his actions were legally justifiable. Especially when it looks like the whole situation could have been avoided, by avoiding the whole situation.

The IPMC doesn’t exist in a vacuum. I seriously doubt that they came up with their patch and mission statement ’out of the blue’, in the spirit of ‘good clean fun’. The only reason that I can conceive for doing so, is to imitate and possibly intimidate the various 1% clubs. The question is not ‘can they?’ - of course they can, they’re cops, but, ‘should they?’ Knowing the possible repercussions, which I’m sure they do/did, they probably shouldn’t have, because they’re cops.

So because some of us have been critical of the officers involved with the IPMC, and by extension, LE in general, that makes us ‘cop haters’? Sorry, it doesn’t work like that.

................ Jim

Old 09-07-2008, 11:22 AM
jto667
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jimbo60
There seem to be some LE oriented folks on this thread that just haven’t picked up the plot yet.

It’s like this. Some folks are a little sharper than a bag full of wet mice. We suspect that this whole situation might have been avoided by the officers in question showing some better judgment in their off duty life, by not imitating an OMC or, going into the Loud American Roadhouse in the first place. Isn’t there a saying somewhere that if you play with fire, you might get burned?

LEOs have the responsibility of maintaining a certain amount of professionalism both on and off duty. I know that some of you don’t particularly care for the idea of being held to a higher standard but, you are. That’s not only the way its, it’s the way it should be. I suspect that is the reason for the intricate hiring/training process the profession has adopted. It is supposed to weed out those who don’t meet the higher standard. Because of this higher standard you are all very proud of your profession (presumably)and generally enjoy the public’s trust. Don’t blindly defend a fellow officer just because his actions were legally justifiable. Especially when it looks like the whole situation could have been avoided, by avoiding the whole situation.

The IPMC doesn’t exist in a vacuum. I seriously doubt that they came up with their patch and mission statement ’out of the blue’, in the spirit of ‘good clean fun’. The only reason that I can conceive for doing so, is to imitate and possibly intimidate the various 1% clubs. The question is not ‘can they?’ - of course they can, they’re cops, but, ‘should they?’ Knowing the possible repercussions, which I’m sure they do/did, they probably shouldn’t have, because they’re cops.

So because some of us have been critical of the officers involved with the IPMC, and by extension, LE in general, that makes us ‘cop haters’? Sorry, it doesn’t work like that.

................ Jim

Cops don't wear 3 piece patches to "imitate" 1%ers. Same as religious clubs, military clubs. They wear them because somewhere along the lines, Blue Knights, Choir Boys, etc adopted that look. Again, same with military and religious MC's. Do you people think a high ranking military chaplin for example is imitating a 1%er when he puts on his leather with 3 piece patches? If 3 piece patches are for outlaws, then we have many others to deal with than just cops that are copying them. If other groups wanted to imitate 1%ers then they would be in the business of extortion, drugs, stolen good, etc etc etc. There are no "laws" as to who can or can't wear 3 piece patches, its how you act and behave when you are showing your colors. Did the IPMC act appropriately? Everyone has their own opinon on that. I've seen the bar video, I've seen the Seattle cops photos after the fight, I've talked to the interviewing detective in person, I have an opinion but its based on more than just the media!

If you're a Christian hating outlaw are all the religious clubs at risk then?

If you're a anti government outlaw...which most are not government fans, are the military clubs at risk?

According to most OMG websites, they are like minded individuals that are riding enthusiats that live by a certain set of rules. However those rules aren't posted...I wonder why. But if thats their sales pitch.....why can't other like minded individuals wear their own colors?

It seems that everyone can wear a 3 piece patch but the cops, because it stands for something bad, it stands for a bad lifestyle. I'm curious what the feeling would be had this been a Leatherneck MC that got in the fight, or a religious mc that shot the HA....would people be wanting to strip them of their right to wear patches?

Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I'm going to start riding around wearing a badge since somewhere along the line I decided to "adopt that look".

Old 09-07-2008, 11:28 AM
hdtwice
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jimbo60

................ Jim
Good post Jim

Old 09-07-2008, 11:32 AM
jto667
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sharknose
I think I'm going to start riding around wearing a badge since somewhere along the line I decided to "adopt that look".
Anyone can wear a badge, but what you do with it...or try to do with it is the problem. What the badge stands for etc. Just like patches actually! All patches mean different things, all badges mean different things. Whether its HOG patches, IPMC, Blue Knights or HA's, Outlaws etc. Badges mean different things too, cop, fire, security guard, Dog the Bounty Hunter!

Old 09-07-2008, 12:33 PM
baxter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
While there are many here who have walked the walk and talked the talk and are qualified to speak on the matter the matter speaks for itself in volume! LEO's have no business pretending to present themselves as 1%'s period. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or whatever else you were ranting about to connect the dots on this one. Your broad base diatribe reflects the ignorance of the generalizations your making and it is you ma'm that needs to STFU! I say ma'm because you sound like a biotch.

and your exactly the kind of biotch i was takling about. if you were offended by my statement which you obviously were then you must have felt i was speaking about people like you which i am. i bet your mouth doesnt run as much in person either.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:53 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

So this thread isn't locked yet....

This whole patch system is BS. It really is, folks. But.....people who ride, wear colors and three-patch MC logos know what the deal is.

But I'm glad the general public doesn't. Patch, two or three patches, no patches...they don't know the difference. I pull up to the DQ in my leathers and people think I'm, some kind of outlaw. Oh, yeah...all the nine-year-olds just start quaking.

There are many more good LEOs than rotten ones, so I hope they take of this guy like we took care of our own when I was in the Army. If the police can't police the police, then someone else should police them, like a state or federal prosecutor. If you can;t follow the law you enforce, it'll catch up with you and remove you from the force.

As for the 1%ers, live and let live. If they break the law, there are thousands of LEOs from all levels of jurisdiction to bust them and hopefully make it a RICO indictment. There's a big difference between the romanticized ideal of living and riding free and the organized criminal activities many of these guys get into to finance this "freedom." They are scrutinized for a reason. Those guys know the circumstance and still choose the life.

Whatever the hell happened at that bar in Sturgis, it sounds like it took two to tango, but one was armed. The only guy speaking in favor of this LEO/IP is his union rep.

In the meantime, the average cage-driving mary will just think we all like to go to bars, start fights and shoot each other. Hmmm....maybe I will sew on that HOG patch just to phreaq people out.

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"