General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:50 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by laz263
This horse is dead. Peace to all and everyone have a safe weekend.
If you like horse meat, come over for a bbq.

Have a good weekend all.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:52 PM
shooter537
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post 1Coastie. I will add that I think that this has actually turned into an "us against them" cop bashing thread. Maybe it was meant to be in the first place. The thread started out with the newspaper article but should have probably read "open forum to bash LEO's) I only know what I've been told by a State trooper who was there yet, I'll still refrain from passing judgement on the cop or the HA. Some on here say that the Iron Pigs and other LEO clubs shouldn't wear the 3 peice patch! WHAT? HELLO, BUELLER, this is a free country we live in. You complain about our government and all of the restrictions and taking away your freedom but you expect an outlaw MC to set the standard for the way things are gonna be.

I have friends that are 1%s, I have freinds that ride for the pure enjoyment of riding and I have freinds in law enforcement. I will stand up and fight for anyone of them as long as I believe that they are in the right!

I have lived by some pretty basic rules for the last 50 years and they are Live and Let Live, Do onto others as you would want them to do unto you, and above all, treat every man with respect unless he shows a lack of respect for you! If ANY one of these would have been applied in Sturgis we would not be having this discussion! Wow, wouldn't we all be bored!

Don't hate the game,
Hate the player!

Old 09-05-2008, 05:51 PM
northern64
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

Could it be possible that the IP are actually 1%'s? I mean, if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and walks like a duck, its a frikin duck! Im sure there are plenty of members of your well known outlaw clubs that have perfectly normal lives and perfectly normal day jobs, i dont see what the difference is. Just one mc against another mc, nothing less and nothing more.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:52 PM
nutmagnet
Advanced

Devils Haircut,that just about says it all.Still bet the cops get off light.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 PM
bfreesun
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by laz263
No, I'm pretty sure (as a retired Air Force officer and former military policeman) that none of the troops at Abu Gharib ever got the following orders:

"Assemble the prisoners. Strip them naked and form them in a pyramid. Then take a picture of them, with yourself in the foreground smiling like a fu**ing moron. Give us a thumbs up sign if you can."

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.
Probably not.

But what kind of supervisory regime made them think it was OK to take pictures of what they were doing?

Perhaps one that approved of what they were doing? There certainly didn't seem to be any fear of repercussions which leads me to believe that they believed they were doing as their superiors wanted.

But from what I've read there were a lot of non military government employees and contractors who instructed them to do what they did.

And their officers didn't stop them so imho were at least as responsible.

But the tone was set from on high with Cheney Rumsfeld Gonzales and ultimately Bush to blame

Old 09-05-2008, 06:04 PM
bfreesun
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by celticgent
i have no stake in ANY of this.

i'm not 1% or LE.

i just STILL can't figure out why any LE would use a 3 piece patch.

it's not like they can claim ignorance.

they KNOW that the outlaw biker clubs use this to signify the lifestyle.

yet they adopt the UNIFORM of these clubs?

for WHAT, exactly?

sure, ride a motorcycle, join a group, do what you like...

BUT...

WHY OH WHY would you BLATANTLY wear the uniform of OUTLAWS?

there are other ways to signify that you're in a club besides using a large back patch with rockers above and below, showing location.

Riding Clubs know this and most of them make patches accordingly...they know that outlaw clubs use the 3 piece, so they choose a different look.

so WHY would LE use a 3 piece, UNLESS they were doing it as an affront or to mimic the outlaws?

that's what I can't wrap my head around.
I would imagine they've taken a decision that outlaws are not going to tell them what to do.

Whether that's a sensible decision is another thing.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:14 PM
1Coastie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by northern64
Could it be possible that the IP are actually 1%'s? I mean, if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and walks like a duck, its a frikin duck! Im sure there are plenty of members of your well known outlaw clubs that have perfectly normal lives and perfectly normal day jobs, i dont see what the difference is. Just one mc against another mc, nothing less and nothing more.
WRONG!
Big difference between a 1%er MC and a LEO MC, the 1%ers know it and so do the LEO's.
They dont look like ducks (It says Iron Pigs right on the back) so everybody who isn't a complete moron knows their cops.
They dont act like ducks (partake in illegal activity)
They might walk like ducks (or ride in this case) because thats all we have in common.
If you dont know the difference, ask an HA or a Bandito to explain it to you.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:17 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my good cop/bad cop story from a few weeks ago.
I'm in the gym getting ready to leave to go back to work. I look out the door and see a crotchrocket parked practically on top of my bike. I say WTF and the girl at the counter says he's a cop. There were 3 of them (off-duty) They walk in and I say to the one that parked next to me. "I think you coulda got it a little f%$#ing closer if you really tried." His answer was. "it ain't too close". I said.."whatever" and walked out. Now, I'm 53. This cop was about 22. His 2 fellow cops were about that same age. Outside, the parking lot was almost empty. The other 2 off duty cops were parked on other side of parking lot. There was no reason to park "on" my bike other then to fug with me. I had to literally inch sideways between my bike and his lil yellow plastic POS. I park in front of the door where I can see my bike all the time. It's "MY" spot. I guess he wanted it. I started my bike and was so tempted to kick his over and ride away nice and slowly witha smile on my face but did'nt. Instead I just stayed pissed for awhile. I don't need a cop looking for me to harrass me everytime I ride thru that town.
Next day, same girl (the owner) was there and told me how he thinks he's hot **** and loves being a ********. She said one of the other cops was trying to work out without being a member or paying a "walk-in" fee. She asked them to leave..lol..Anyways, a few days later he's in there all alone and walks past me and nods and says wassup man?...like were old buds... I looked him in the eye and just kept walking.
For the record...there is alot of cops that work out in that gym and some of them are friends of mine. Some are a$$holes. If around people alot,sooner or later their true colors show. I don't see this guys career lasting long in LE.
And..in hindsight...I wish I would've kicked his bike over...

Old 09-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Jimbo60
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think that this has turned into a cop 'bashing' thread at all.

It is however, reflecting the general polarization of society at large, regarding LE.

Conventional wisdom tells us to respect and honor the police. When their behaviors are not honorable, the respect no longer applies.

Being in a bar, at a biker rally, dressed up like a bad**z, at 1:30 in the morning is not what I expect from LE.

Critcism of LE on this thread - yes. Criticism, however, is not 'bashing'.

................ Jim

Old 09-05-2008, 06:29 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Coastie
If you dont know the difference, ask an HA or a Bandito to explain it to you.
And what does Frito Bandito of Frito Corn Chip fame know about anything????

Just messin' with you as I know you meant Bandido...

And as they say;

""It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

--Andrew Jackson

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"