General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:28 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the whole thing was because of testosterone.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiggyAZ
I think the whole thing was because of testosterone.
LOL Where you runnin' off to?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
LOL Where you runnin' off to?
Unlike the subjects...I KNOW when to run!!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 PM
celticgent
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Why do the 1%ers get the say so?
i'm guessing they feel like the design originated from them.

i don't know the entire history.

i'm not questioning the 1%s ideas of the patches or what they mean to them...hell i'll never know or understand why they hold the design in such a high regard.

my question is why somebody would knowingly use that design, since it has been so widely known that it's the 1%ers uniform?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 PM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by laz263
Sorry you feel that way. Sounds like you've got some deeper anger issues you don't want to share--maybe some run-ins with bad cops. I didn't say they don't exist. And BTW, "minor traffic violations" means just what I said. It doesn't include reckless driving, DUI, or property damage/personal injury situations.
No laz...no need to physco-analyze me...no deep rooted anger management issues here...just someone that believes cops should be held accountable the same as everyone else. Anyone that joins the force should be made well aware of the risks and conditions...and to use those very things as a crutch just doesn't cut it with me. I happen to hold good cops in very high esteem...admire 'em for puttin themselves at risk for the sake of others...just like I admire EMT's, firefighters, military, etc. You don't like the risks and conditions that come with the job...get out...don't use 'em as a crutch or excuse. I like to think of myself as a twisted optimist...in that, if you give someone an inch, they'll take a mile. LOL Lettin someone slide, due strictly to association, can become somewhat expected after a while, and by some, pushed to the outter edges of the envelope...i.e. leads to the slippery slope scenario. I do believe LEO's should have some discretion in their duties...think I just saw yer comments somewhat in support of rdam's ridiculous statement...if I might paraphrase..."want perks, be a cop".

And, to answer 'nuther of yer concerns...I haven't had bad run-ins with cops. Hell, if ya ever pulled me for speedin, ya'd find it to be the easiest pull ya ever did...not that it's a regular occurrence with me...haven't been pulled in quite a few years. I'm polite and never argue with the police. However, I have had a few in the past get downright disrespectful with me regardless of how polite I was with them. I have to attribute at least some of those attitudes with the slippery slope I mentioned above. Favoritism in that profession, as well as other positions of authority, can and does lead to abuse of said authority. I am a firm believer in the old sayin, "With great power, comes great responsibility". Some are incapable of managin that balance...therefore, due to the power and authority they hold over the average citizen, I hold LEO's to a much higher standard than I might hold some other professions...as should everyone...includin cops themselves. In my opinion, the cop in the Loud American failed miserably in that area...accordin to his record...multiple times thru his career...but, they just keep handin him his gun and badge, regardless of his pattern of conduct. I think if you'll read the posts carefully...with a couple exceptions...you'll find that is what some of us have a problem with.

Oh..and BTW...my best friend was killed last year by an idiot committin what was deemed a "minor traffic violation"...and no, it wasn't a cop that killed him. So, maybe I do have a little anger issue...but it has nuttin to do with cops...just idiots on the road.

And to answer stro...a big YES to the gas tryin to hurt me...in fact, it killed several of my co-workers and friends...cops hold no monopoly on dangerous occupations. For most of the cops I've met and known, I worked in an environment every day that was far more dangerous than anything any of them have ever encountered. I still gotta pay for my #$%(&# gas tho! LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mr Pig you are now grasping. That made no sense.....

The Bloods and Crips are gangs. So they wear team logos??????

The HA, Mongols, Outlaws etc. are gangs that support and wear 3 piece patches..

Last I heard the IP are not gangs....but then I could be wrong..

Since you mentioned Crips and Bloods did you know they wear certain sports teams logos around as a means of identifying each other? So does that mean all sports logos should not be worn because that is the uniform of those gangs? Call up a sportswear place and ask them. Better yet call up an athlete if you can and ask them to stop wearing their uniform because it belongs to gang members.

Last edited by RoadKingRon1; 09-05-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 PM
celticgent
Road Master

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Since you mentioned Crips and Bloods did you know they wear certain sports teams logos around as a means of identifying each other? So does that mean all sports logos should not be worn because that is the uniform of those gangs? Call up a sportswear place and ask them to stop selling logo merchandise to non gang members. Better yet call up an athlete if you can and ask them to stop wearing their uniform because it belongs to gang members.
give me a break.

please don't tell me you don't understand what i'm saying.

it's insulting to me and to you.

you and i both know that people use the 1% uniform for a reason.

it's not just an accident.

p.s.

I am not curious enough to know that i will continue to pursue this.
i just found it and still find it odd that somebody would knowingly and willingly adopt the uniform KNOWN to elicit violence for and against....if they weren't a a part of that lifestyle. it seems almost like they either WANT to be viewed as that lifestyle, or that they are looking to offend those in the lifestyle for whatever reason...either way it just makes no sense to me.

it just makes me scratch my head is all.

Last edited by celticgent; 09-05-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:44 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

celticagent check out this
http://vnvmcgaa.muddywolf.net/patch.html

What I was trying to get across with the Bloods and Crips thing but I guess I didn't make it very clear is that they also try to take logos as part of their so called colors and... Nevermind it went over you guys heads and maybe mine too. lol

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 09-05-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:52 PM
celticgent
Road Master

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
celticagent check out this
http://vnvmcgaa.muddywolf.net/patch.html
Yes.

I've read similar before.

I still cannot fathom why one would want to use a 3 piece patch when they weren't an outlaw club.

i probably never will.

but that's ok.

i basically ride alone and don't go to many biker 'events' and don't look for trouble from LE or "non-LE" folks.

cheers.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:56 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea I don't look for trouble either unless my wife is home and I ain't doing what she says.

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"