General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:07 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SloChicken

And I have been told that when they run your plate prior to the stop, they know if you are LEO, or family of.
Ain't that some ****.

Let me help you put this one to rest. Ain't so! There's no way to tell what anybody does, just by running their plate. Unless the plate is a special purpose plate and identifies them as a LEO, or they have their FOP emblem on it. In those cases, you don't even have to run the plate, it's right there in front of you.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:11 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yea why did the police not bow down and comply to what the outlaw clubs want them to comply to? Come on now you can't be serious.
The police are not in business to comply with some outlaw mc rules. Sure it ain't the smartest thing if you go in to a bar acting like you are all bad *** but according to what a LEO posted earlier, it was the HA doing it not the LEO. It could be the other way around, I don't know but I am willing to wait and see.
In the meantime I hope cops don't start bowing down to the requests of any criminals whether they are in a mc or not.

As for the cops not giving other cops tickets I find that pretty disgusting myself. I got in a discussion with the Sgt at work about this. He was complaining because one of his friends got a ticket even after he flashed his badge. I said "so what? I would have given a ticket myself if i was him" He couldn't believe I thought that way. I am not a police officer but do work as a Regional Jail Officer. I don't expect any special treatment and I would hope someone else wearing a badge and uniform wouldn't expect me to give them special treatment if they are breaking the same laws they are supposed to be enforcing. I'm not saying I'm all goody 2 shoes do nothing wrong either as I speed and I'll admit it but if I get caught I ain't gonna try to weasel out of it.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 09-05-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:12 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by celticgent
there are other ways to signify that you're in a club besides using a large back patch with rockers above and below, showing location.

Riding Clubs know this and most of them make patches accordingly...they know that outlaw clubs use the 3 piece, so they choose a different look.
See, that's just it. They don't "choose" anything. They are told what they can do, and what they can't do. That's what rubs some people the wrong way.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:18 PM
celticgent
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Yea why did the police not bow down and comply to what the outlaw clubs want them to comply to? Come on now you can't be serious.
The police are not in business to comply with some outlaw mc rules. Sure it ain't the smartest thing if you go in to a bar acting like you are all bad *** but according to what a LEO posted earlier, it was the HA doing it not the LEO. It could be the other way around, I don't know but I am willing to wait and see.
In the meantime I hope cops don't start bowing down to the requests of any criminals whether they are in a mc or not.
oh come on,

it's not like a blood vs. crips thing where the LE just happened to be wearing a blue or red bandanna.

they chose the 3 piece patch for a reason.

it's not like they said

hmmm. you know what? i think we should do it this way because of FENG SHUI.

they did it for a REASON.

what was that reason, exactly?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:20 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Ask them what the reason is if you are so curious. I already made my statement.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by celticgent
they did it for a REASON.

what was that reason, exactly?

Unknown, for sure. But maybe it's because they wanted to. Could be just that simple.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:22 PM
celticgent
Road Master

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
See, that's just it. They don't "choose" anything. They are told what they can do, and what they can't do. That's what rubs some people the wrong way.
but again comes the question of

why do you want to emulate something you're not?

why would you want to use the 3 piece patch if you weren't an outlaw?

it doesn't matter if you CAN, because obviously you CAN.

my question is,

WHY?

it just doesn't make sense to me.

why use the uniform of the 1% if you are NOT 1%?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:23 PM
celticgent
Road Master

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Ask them what the reason is if you are so curious. I already made my statement.
I don't know any. (that I know of)

or any 1% ers (that I know of)

Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Why do the 1%ers get the say so?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:26 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Since you mentioned Crips and Bloods did you know they wear certain sports teams logos around as a means of identifying each other? So does that mean all sports logos should not be worn because that is the uniform of those gangs? Call up a sportswear place and ask them to stop selling logo merchandise to non gang members. Better yet call up an athlete if you can and ask them to stop wearing their uniform because it belongs to gang members.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 09-05-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"