General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 AM
bfreesun
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrenan
As a "Canadian" I am confused about the 'No Colors" rules that seem to get imposed after any rider confrontation. I constantly see reports of sports fans getting into fights, here and the US but never see any banning of wearing team support colors, even the outright rioting over soccer games in Europe and South America does not cause banning of support clothing. If there was a HOG member involved in a shooting would this lead to banning of HOG wear?

Seems riders are an easy target for what in some cases in outright harrassment
It's quite common to see signs outside bars around football grounds in the UK saying "No colours" or only admitting one teams supporters.
Strangely rugby supporters mix at all levels with no problems.
No trainers or sports gear signs are another common sight.

A favourite cry of English football supporters wherever they go, is " we wus provoked" after a confrontation with the local police.

Another popular misconception is that a public house is a public place.
It's not and the owner can refuse service to whomsoever he chooses as long as it's not on the basis of race or gender, in the UK anyway.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Point made, bad choice of word on MY part for this forum. He wasn't playing 'biker' he was playing 1%er. The general public, however, is not that clear as to 1%er vs 'biker' vs 'rider'. Call them uneducated, call them naive, call them uninformed, the bottom line, is he was crossing the line IMFUO, and from what I am hearing on the streets, so do a ton of other ppl. And I am hearing that from more LEOs than I have from the HA's, Los Valentes, SOS, BSMC, and other 3 piece clubs.
I think he had the right to walk into any bar he 'chooses'. Just like me, and you. Just like any one on here can 'choose' to sit in the same bar, drink and crawl into his car and leave. At that point, like it or not, he accepted the consequences that go with that choice. And in this case, the consequences are not quite so good, just like drinkin' and driving. And the HA made a choice, too. He likewise must live with the consequences of that choice.

I truly enjoy America. Just read my posts. As such, I have chosen for over 30 yrs, NOT to prospect with any club I have ridden with. That includes the HAs. I do not want to limit where and when I can go. I ride with several LEOs here. I also attend functions at the HA clubhouse, and other MC's. I 'choose' to accept the consequences of said association. Hard to miss my scoot when it has been parked in front of the clubhouse. But I do not conduct illegal activities, I don't drink, and I sure as h*ll don't carry there. Even tho, I have the right. But I have been hassled leaving. NO benefit of the doubt, there. Guilty until you prove not drinking, carrying, drugging.
Guilt by association I think it is what it is called. Does that likewise mean I am guilty of being a LEO in the HAs eyes cause I ride with LEOs, or associate with them? Not hardly. They know me.

Yes, he had the right to walk into the bar. At that point, he also had the responsibilty, and the consequences, that goes with the right to choose. And I still say, he was an idiot LEO. Just like an HA waltzing into the police station, to 'prove' a point, DOH!!!!! But the HAs I have known over the years, have figured that out.
Now, again, if you believe this guy was just John Q. Public LEO, exercising his 'right' to walk into any bar he chooses, then you can believe that. I believe the guy was playin' Billy Badazz, based on his public record, his display of the 3 piece patch in a known hang out, and displayed unbelieveably p*ss poor judgement. Whether he was 'legal' or not. And unfortunately, his choice turned out to be not so good, for more than just him.
I am anti-idiot, not anti-LEO, anti-1%er, or anti-choice. I don't care if it is the patch, the badge, the sportbike, or the gun. He displayed really p*ss poor judgement for a 1%er, let alone a LEO. Think about it, how would a bunch of LEOs at a get together in their watering hole, respond to a few HAs walking in with CCW, and brandishing an attitude, especially if one of them was known to have put one of your own away for being a dirty cop? And if you say you would be congenial and courteous, then you, sirs, are angels here on earth, pics of the 'halo' would help. But according to one of the posts earlier, it was pointed out that the HAs wouldn't go after the LEO because of the 'blue' line. Is that any better than what the HAs are about? Red and white, or blue, guess it makes no difference to some.
To this ol' bikin' bastud, it does. If you want to keep playing with fire, yadda, yadda. If one believes they are above the consequences, some one, an HA, a LEO, a Mongol, an Outlaw, or possibly just a 'citizen' is going to trim the tailfeathers.
You can believe what you want, I'll believe what I want. That, Sir, is what makes this a GREAT country. I believe I will not drink and drive, causes conflict with the LEOs round here. I believe I will not waltz around with a 3 piece patch, playing badazz, it causes conflict with the HAs and Outlaws round here. But you can do both if you so choose. This is not my first rodeo, and I do not believe it is yours either.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:56 AM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 9,631 Likes on 3,439 Posts

During my career in local law enforcement, I never wrote a cop. It was a matter of personal discretion, not a departmental policy. But here's how I saw it: If that was the one perk we got for putting up with the sh!tty pay, ridiculous hours, violent thugs, bloodborne pathogens, abusive behavior, and dangerous situations we faced nearly every day, then so be it.

I've since moved over to the fed side, but I still don't begrudge an officer cutting a fellow officer a break for a minor traffic offense. If that makes me a dick, oh well.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:05 AM
laz
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by bfreesun
We can agree on something!
Baby steps, my friend, baby steps. I wouldn't expect we'll be taking any warm showers together in the near future, but hey, it's a start.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:14 AM
softail04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have to agree with evrything the da grumpmeister says
as an old guy I have known for many years the 3 piece patch belongs to HA
respect it fear it whatever wear it then back it up.
in my opion that is one dumb a$$ cop also does any body else feel it is a little strange that the guy that got shot faces more jail time than the shooter???

Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdam
...Dude, I'm sorry that bothers you. Marry a cop or go to the academy.
Sorry "dude"...but that is the very attitude some here are tryin to hit on. Ya can't jump up and **** 'n moan how an exclusive 1%'er club can't set down unspoken rules and try to apply 'em to everyone else...and then jump in here and do the 'zact same thing...i.e. "wanna get outta a ticket, be a cop"...what a crock! Some of ya's wanna know why some have such contempt for cops...here's yer prime example right here with rdam's statement...a statement that I'd dare say wouldn't set well with a lotta citizens. I'm not a cop hater, but I have the utmost contempt for any cop that thinks they're outside the law to any degree whatsoever. Sure, I would have equal contempt for any 1%'er that inflicted harm on any innocents...but the BIG diff is...I don't have to live under any 1%'er's authority unless I choose to do so...I live under the authority of the police everyday. If you can't see the diff, rdam...I don't have time to explain it either. Such arrogance from cops will almost always generate animosity from the citizens they are sworn to protect and serve.

And, to answer laz, yeah I think that's an attitude unbecomin an officer. Hey, I worked some damned dangerous conditions in the petro-chem construction industry so you can fill yer car/bike/truck with gasoline...but it don't get me free gas. Go ahead and use that excuse/crutch all ya want...it's still a crock 'o chit! Just 'cause some crackhead gave you or a bud a hard time...means ya get a free pass? So, a cop gets a pass on a "minor" traffic violation? Sure, sounds innocent enuf...but often enuf, the only diff 'tween a "minor" violation and a fatal wreck is just dumb-luck timing. Again, an arrogant attitude by someone sworn to uphold the LAW!

I tried to stay outta this, but this chit just keeps gettin richer all the time!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:23 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
And alas he was getting his azz handed to him...

Not in all instances...you may want to read HR 218 one more time...The resolution does not overule state law.

Typical LEO attitude coming out in ya now.....

FACTS:
IP goes into bar wearing colors....Stupid...the unwritten law regarding 3 piece patches. Joe Blow can wear a 3 piece into a bar if he wants to but he will have to pay the price. The IP website says they will wear 3 piece because they can.

IMO deliberate provocation...

IP is CCW in state with no reciprocal agreement..Illegal

IP is drinking and at or above the legal limit of 0.08

IP has blatant disregard for rules, written or unwritten and has been disciplined no
less than three times by his own department.

It's time to get rid of this clown......
RoadKingRon, if you think my "typical LEO attitude" is just now coming out, well, you haven't been paying attention. I think YOUR interpretation of federal law is wrong, we shall see I guess, I'm hopeful it will be cleared up soon enough. Most importantly though, he wasn't necessarily "getting his azz handed to him". He was, I suspect, jumped from behind when he was away from his friends. Yeah, THAT took a lot of courage. Seems to me the HA bit off more than HE could chew.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's the question I have about LEO clubs--what's the point? Why do they need a "club" in the first place? Them wearing patches makes no more sense to me than MC's wearing badges.

And if being a cop doesn't get you out of a ticket, why do my daughter and future son-in-law (a cop) have that blue sticker on their vehicles?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
laz
Extreme HDF Member

Sorry you feel that way. Sounds like you've got some deeper anger issues you don't want to share--maybe some run-ins with bad cops. I didn't say they don't exist. And BTW, "minor traffic violations" means just what I said. It doesn't include reckless driving, DUI, or property damage/personal injury situations.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:27 AM
laz
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sharknose
That's the question I have about LEO clubs--what's the point? Why do they need a "club" in the first place? Them wearing patches makes no more sense to me than MC's wearing badges.

And if being a cop doesn't get you out of a ticket, why do my daughter and future son-in-law (a cop) have that blue sticker on their vehicles?
LOL. Those "blue line" stickers don't mean **** anymore, at least around here. Every thug and doper's got one on the back of their car. The only more accurate way to spot a drug runner's car nowadays is to look for the Jesus fish.

Quick Reply: More fallout from the Iron Pigs /HA "get together"