General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels Thru Time...Its official?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ae4782tt
I live in Hillsborough. Just west of Durham, about 10 miles off of I40.
You don't live that far from me! I just sent you a message.....

Old 09-05-2008, 06:25 PM
09sglide
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
Well, I DID say "Maggie" seemed to be coppin an attitude...and that encompasses more than just the business owners. I'm just repeatin what the owner of the museum (Dale) told me...along with some stuff I've read. I was treated very well by the obviously biker-friendly motel I stayed in...Applecover Inn...and I'm sure there are plenty of other businesses there that welcome bikers...just as there are in MB...but, as seen with MB, that doesn't necessarily make the whole place biker friendly. The stuff I've read was more than just a few "Welcome" signs, and indicated that the local gov, private citizens, and a good share of the businesses want to cut down on bikers, and attract more "traditional" tourists. Dale and his son told me ya could go in a great many businesses in town...includin a motel a half block away...and they either couldn't, or wouldn't, tell ya where the museum was located. So, either they're not all that biker friendly...or have some kinda beef with the museum. I'm thinkin they're either not givin him enuf credit for the amount of business the museum draws to the area...or maybe he's tryin to claim too much credit...who knows? All I know is there's gotta be some mighty bad blood 'tween 'em for him to wanna go thru the expense and trouble of movin all that stuff. I just hope I don't have to go to AZ to pick up my Knuckle. hehe
You are exactly right. Been there several times and with talking with Dale he said the exact same thing. Maggie Valley don't want him or his museum there. Just what does MV think they have to offer, not much as far as I am concerned....