General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Son's of A.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008 | 11:36 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member

It was like watching G rated ****.

Boring and not what I was hopin' for.

Old 09-04-2008 | 11:59 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

I'm not watching it. I've seen the Suprano's. I've also lived off Federal Hill in Providence,RI. I believe to the real guys the show is considered a comedy as will Sons of Anarchy. I would be curious to their (the real people whose story this story line tried to portray) opinions.

In my opinion I think the popularity of such shows rely on the curiosity of the viewers whose own sheltered life appetite whistle is wetted by a perceived looked into a forbidden life style. No matter how inaccurate. If they think the show is great and truth is always stranger then fiction, I wondered how they would feel seeing the real thing? Somethings are best left a mystery.........................

Very rarely do innocent by standers and non participants get impacted. (collateral damage does happen, it is tragic but its the exception not the rule).

Old 09-05-2008 | 12:11 AM
baxter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nomad X
Given all the hype leading up to SOA,IMFUO I thought it would be a little more accurate than it was. Agreed,just a fictional tv show made for ratings and entertainment.

i didnt think it would be accurate. they have to pack alot into an hour of television without maken you feel like you just wish you hadnt started to watch it so they glorify and sensationalize everything to keep your attention and curiousity to wonder what will happen next. no different then anything else on tv or the movies. ill watch it again but with my attention span i will prolly get bored the first time i miss an episode and dont know wtf is going on.

its cartoons for grown ups.

Last edited by baxter; 09-05-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-05-2008 | 12:16 AM
bore
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rabbit_
We don't get it up here in the Great White North, and the website doesn't have the episodes available online yet.
http://www.sidereel.com/Sons_of_Anar...hlinkviewer/16

not worth watching

Old 09-05-2008 | 12:23 AM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

I only watched for a half hour. Wasn't good enough for me to get hooked on a weekly series.

Old 09-05-2008 | 12:42 AM
sickwithit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by l.ray
Wasted an hour last night watching just another Holly wood show. Drove cars more than bikes. All the bikes had little fairings (next big thing) Didnot show enought bike shots to tell much about them. Story line .. typical
bull mixed with typical crap. Did you watch? What you think? kl.ray
I hope you are wrong and the farings are not the next big thing. I guessing the reason behind the faring is that in CA alot of the 1%er clubs use the faring. The show is based in CA. I hope the show is off the air soon.

Old 09-05-2008 | 01:39 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

I guess they could have gone for gritty reality and shown them all sitting at keyboards on a bike forum?

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (06-25-2024)
Old 09-05-2008 | 03:24 AM
TheBagger
Road Master

I turned it on for awhile, didn't catch the begining, kinda seems like somebody was trying to make a biker soap to me. I was gone in 10 minutes.

Old 09-05-2008 | 03:41 AM
CITIZENJOE
1st Gear

Well wake me when the next one is over.......zzzz

Old 09-05-2008 | 05:05 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member

It had entertainment value, I'll keep watching.

Quick Reply: Son's of A.......