General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Son's of A.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008 | 12:20 PM
shooter537
Cruiser

I personally enjoyed the hour long documentry of ATF's infiltration of the Hells Angels that was on A&E the hour before. That was a much better "biker reality" show. IMHO

Old 09-04-2008 | 12:23 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

That's because this show isn't about being a documentary. It's a dramatic show. There is a difference.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (06-25-2024)
Old 09-04-2008 | 12:25 PM
NFFN
Banned

Originally Posted by shooter537
I personally enjoyed the hour long documentry of ATF's infiltration of the Hells Angels that was on A&E the hour before. That was a much better "biker reality" show. IMHO
Jay Jaybird Dobbins is a punk and never infiltrated 81. That documentary was almost as fake as the SOA premier.

Old 09-04-2008 | 12:25 PM
badlandr
Road Captain

Not sure yet but I'll watch another one to see if it takes off now that we meet the characters.
What is the deal with those fairing POSs

Old 09-04-2008 | 12:27 PM
NFFN
Banned

I guess the show may have some entertainment value, however as far as realism it does not depict the biker / motorcycle club lifestyle. Jax is dressed like he should be going to a wutang concert not a MC clubhouse. It seems to be heading down the same path as the Sopranos. Ill keep my eye on it and see where it goes.

Old 09-04-2008 | 12:28 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by badlandr
Not sure yet but I'll watch another one to see if it takes off now that we meet the characters.
What is the deal with those fairing POSs
I wondered about the fairings too but sickwithit told me that in California it is a common thing to see bikes with the cafe style racer fairings.

Now the thing I wanna know is, what is with those bagger bikes and those POS fairings?
I kid I kid

Old 09-04-2008 | 12:30 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sleepman54
+1, the shows not about emulating the 1% lifestyle to a T. Hollywood and the Network Tv stations are all about getting viewership, so with motorcycling being as popular as it is, now is the perfect time to have a show like this. In my opinion it's more about capturing the attention of folks who dream about this kind of life then about grabbing people who live it.
EXACTLY - all TV dramas are inaccurate and a large percentage of the news and documentaries.

Old 09-04-2008 | 12:35 PM
Curt J
Cruiser

Weak and contrived acting, too many plot lines, too many fairings, not enough bikes. All in all a very disappointing attempt at a biker show. I will probably watch it again to see if they can pump some life into it, although the "Pilot" is supposed to be the big draw and it may go waaaayyy down hill from here. Not at all what I was hoping for. what a bummer, I had hoped for better.

Old 09-04-2008 | 12:53 PM
OldTmeCowboy
Advanced
Thumbs up SOA: I liked it.

SOA sure beat most of what else is on the tube. But it ain't reality, it's still TV. Would you rather have this series or one based on the Wild Hogs movie?
I'd watch either before all that reality crap and gameshow hogwash.

Old 09-04-2008 | 12:55 PM
DiggerD
Tourer

Originally Posted by TexasSnake
Didn't watch, didn't care. Don't see any reason to start anytime soon.

But you felt you had a reason to post a reply to this thread??..........................alrighty then.

Quick Reply: Son's of A.......