General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD goggles

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 10:57 PM
ChiTownDaddy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD goggles

Has anyone worn the HD day/night goggles and care to comment on them? They are a bit pricey, 40-150 MSRP on the website, I'm sure the dealer will charge the high end of that range. Have a helmet from carbon fiber helmets on the way due to the testimony from the good folks here. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

P.S.....got a call from the dealer today. My Bobber is ready all except the air cleaner chrome insert. Going in tomorrow if I can get out of work early or Saturday to finish up the paperwork. Will take it back when the part comes in. Really excited and a bit nervous too....my first Harley!

Old 03-25-2006, 02:04 AM
Original Junior
Road Master
Default RE: HD goggles

Don't sweat it, enjoy the ride! I have no experience with the HD goggles. I have Wiley-X's with interchangable lenses. Not as convienant as the auto tints but the price was right...FREE, courtesy of Uncle Sam (Army issue). If you're dead set on the HD goggles, try them out at the dealer, pick the model you want, then get on ebay or call Zanotti's HD for them cheaper. Good riding.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:27 AM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the HD profile goggle/glasses ($99.00) with interchangable lenses. (clear & dark) They work great! The only problem I hear about the day/night lenses is they dont get completly dark, because they must be clear at night. Go to a dealer and try pair on in the sunlight you'll see what I mean. I also have a pair PANOPTX, but like the HD's better 'cause of the clear lens at night.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:42 AM
scooterbooter
Tourer

I have them, so does my husband (I have the streamline, he has the overpass goggles).

We brought them with the interchangeable lenses (clear/sunglasses) - at the time they hadn't started selling the day/night lenses and then brought the day/night lenses ($40) for them when they came out, about 6 months later. Only on very very clear sunny days, do I ever feel bothered to change them back into sunglasses (or if I want to pose as the sunglass lenses are an irridescent red/blue [8D]). Otherwise they day/night lenses stay in all the time. There is no discernable tint at night. They are pretty dark, certainally dark enough for about 95% of days, and they great when riding into dusk or dawn and I love that I really don't have to change them at all if I don't want to. They change so quick I don't notice them doing it.
I know my husband loves his too.

Against my better judgement - here is a picture of me wearing them (while riding) so you can see how dark they actually go

Name:  glasses.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  10.4 KB

Old 03-26-2006, 02:40 AM
ChiTownDaddy
Advanced

Thanks for the information folks. Going to the dealer on the Fools Day in April and I'll ask to wear a pair outside to see how dark they get or don't get.

Scooterbooter, they look dark enough for me. Looks fine, thanks again!