General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Got Pissed On!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iceman336
As a former long hauler myself, I can really relate to Gumby! Funniest thing I ever saw was a guy on a custom build in the Denver area splitting lanes in a traffic jam. The truck ahead of me was a pot headed to the packing plant. We were stopped due to a traffic jam and nothing was moving. Then here comes this guy splitting lanes in flip flops and shorts on his scoot. He got right up beside the cattle pot and stopped. Then a heifer on the 2nd level decided her bowels needed to be let loose right then and there. She was obviously turned sideways with her posterior against one of the vents and had been watered recently. Here's this guy who can't go anywhere just getting plastered with cow manure and nowhere to go...! He dumped the bike and sprinted 3 lanes to the shoulder. Damned near busted a gut from laughing so hard! I felt for the guy, but come on! Common sense dictates that if you can smell it from 100 yards away, you don't cruise up next to it!
Knowing it was 'early' in the morning, this is exactly why I posted, "You know the rest of the story" ROLMFAO, I have seen this more than once, well, not on a scooter rider, but cars and trucks.
Pullin' the right lane, cars coming up on left, 70+mph, and a steer will let loose like this, talk about "ROAD SPRAY" Watching in the mirror, you can see the ppl ducking inside the cage, like somehow that will help. Funnier than chit. (Pun fully intended)
Hog chit is worse. Smell wise, but not volume wise.

FYI - You know how when you see a "Trucks Hauling" sign by a gravel pit or construction site, they 'track' mud and gravel up onto the road where they enter? Well, when farmers clean feedlots and lagoons, they use 'Honeywagons'. When they pull up onto the road, they, too, track the mat'l onto the road. IF you see this, trust us, it is VERY slippery, besides not smelling good. Avoid it for safety purposes, not just the 'icky' purpose.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd rather not assume what you were 'covered' in so I'll ask first...

tano01
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scorpion07
I was riding down the street one HOT summer morning in Virgina Beach. I came up to a stop sign and noticed something wet in my lane. As I stopped I noticed this god awful smell under me, but I couldn't get out of it or avoid it for at least 20 feet ahead. As I took off this "juice" was spraying all over from the tires. I was covered! I got out of it turned the corner and there was the culprit - a garbage truck! I was covered in garbage juice! Siiiick!
Man that was nasty! Worse yet there was nothing I could do to avoid it....
I'd rather be covered in garbage juice as opposed to animal waste...

Chubby
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NASTY! Hope you can laugh about it now... I did!
Thanks for the post though, we tend to forget those types of things.
Still laughing... sorry.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

One other little hint, do not, do not, pass a stock truck on a uphill grade, inside corner!! LOL!!

Old 08-29-2008, 12:21 PM
rguilbert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a former long hauler myself, I can really relate to Gumby! Funniest thing I ever saw was a guy on a custom build in the Denver area splitting lanes in a traffic jam. The truck ahead of me was a pot headed to the packing plant. We were stopped due to a traffic jam and nothing was moving. Then here comes this guy splitting lanes in flip flops and shorts on his scoot. He got right up beside the cattle pot and stopped. Then a heifer on the 2nd level decided her bowels needed to be let loose right then and there. She was obviously turned sideways with her posterior against one of the vents and had been watered recently. Here's this guy who can't go anywhere just getting plastered with cow manure and nowhere to go...! He dumped the bike and sprinted 3 lanes to the shoulder. Damned near busted a gut from laughing so hard! I felt for the guy, but come on! Common sense dictates that if you can smell it from 100 yards away, you don't cruise up next to it!
That is some funny stuff!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To tell you the truth - I really don't know which is worse?
I do know neither are good!!!! Still creeps me out though!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:02 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW, GAgirl, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Brief HiJack: THANK YOU!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior

Yeah, I thought I would search to see if somebody else hadn’t experienced this…… I was out on the highway last weekend enjoying a fantastic 70 degree February day when I found myself boxed in behind a semi with a livestock trailer and got a light misting. I couldn’t go around so I slowed way down and exited. I caught back up to him later when the road split into four lanes and saw that the trailer was actually empty. I must have just got some leftovers.

I will certainly be on the lookout in the future. I can’t believe I’ve never noticed the discharge from a livestock trailer while riding in a cage in Oklahoma all these years.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

I never follow a trailer with slots in it. Anything that comes out of that trailer going down the road is not good.

Quick Reply: I Got Pissed On!