General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Got Pissed On!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 09:44 AM
vega823
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plenty of things to be concerned about while riding here in NYC, but that sure ain't one of 'em! Thanks for the giggle, though. When I get out into the country I will keep your experience in mind and hopefully learn from it.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:50 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Fortunately we don't have livestock trucks running up and down our freeways here in So.Cal. That was hysterical!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:00 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeech! better to be pissed off than pissed on IMO...

Old 08-29-2008, 10:01 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, that's just a pissy thing to read in the morning!! Eww, ick, yuck, I would be taking 20 showers!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:08 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Momma and I cruising down the Interstate on a cloudy day thinking it might rain. Felt a drop here and there, looked at my windshield and few drops there also. Time to consider pulling over and grabbing the rain gear when up ahead is a stock trailer. The closer we got the more it sprinkled...

It was a stock trailer full of hogs spewing out both sides and let me tell ya' them pigs didn't have prostate problems... They were reaching out and touching people in the other lanes, if ya know what I mean...

Old 08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
Momma and I cruising down the Interstate on a cloudy day thinking it might rain. Felt a drop here and there, looked at my windshield and few drops there also. Time to consider pulling over and grabbing the rain gear when up ahead is a stock trailer. The closer we got the more it sprinkled...

It was a stock trailer full of hogs spewing out both sides and let me tell ya' them pigs didn't have prostate problems... They were reaching out and touching people in the other lanes, if ya know what I mean...
OMG! LOL!!! Cows are bad enough, but HOGS?!!! Disgusting!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:15 AM
iceman336
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
When I came back from the service, I worked on a LARGE farm in SoDak. Used to drive semi pulling a pot(Those are the big livestock trailers-potbelly)to move cattle from one feedlot to another and to stockyards.
Just give them a WIDE berth, folks.
You already know the rest of the story.
Cattle and hogs DO NOT wait til you get to the truck stop.
Maybe that is why I am not a tailgator to this day.
As a former long hauler myself, I can really relate to Gumby! Funniest thing I ever saw was a guy on a custom build in the Denver area splitting lanes in a traffic jam. The truck ahead of me was a pot headed to the packing plant. We were stopped due to a traffic jam and nothing was moving. Then here comes this guy splitting lanes in flip flops and shorts on his scoot. He got right up beside the cattle pot and stopped. Then a heifer on the 2nd level decided her bowels needed to be let loose right then and there. She was obviously turned sideways with her posterior against one of the vents and had been watered recently. Here's this guy who can't go anywhere just getting plastered with cow manure and nowhere to go...! He dumped the bike and sprinted 3 lanes to the shoulder. Damned near busted a gut from laughing so hard! I felt for the guy, but come on! Common sense dictates that if you can smell it from 100 yards away, you don't cruise up next to it!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:15 AM
rguilbert
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Yeech! better to be pissed off than pissed on IMO...
This experience surely taught me that !

Old 08-29-2008, 10:18 AM
rstru70828
Cruiser

Ya, been there. A couple weeks ago mama and I got on the interstate and came up on a stock hauler. We gased it and as soon as we got to the rear to go around and a steady stream shot out the left side all over us. She was a little behind so I got the worst of it. I worked in a truck stop after high school and hated changing tires on stock trucks. Pigs and chicken trucks are the worst. They would **** on you every time !!!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was born and raised in Iowa. You learn at a young age, hopefully from others' experiences, that you give livestock a wide berth whether they are on foot or in a truck/trailer.

Quick Reply: I Got Pissed On!