General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone a H.O.G Member??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:03 PM
bazam9s
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone a H.O.G Member??

Hey everyone,

Been thinking about joining my local H.O.G chapter up here in Boston. I don't have too many friends around that ride and I it's nice to ride with a group instead of riding alone all the time. I am wondering though if these clubs expect a full level of commitment like attending all meetings or participating in all rides. I have a wife and four kids and my life is pretty busy, so my riding times are limited. Any feedback on this type of club would be appreciated.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

theyre way casual. Ride when you can. Joining HOG is worth it for the magazine and the roadside assistance. im in HOG national, but no longer with a chapter. Riding in slow groups drives me nuts

Old 08-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Slaps
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The group of them by me seem like they get together often but you don't really need to go. I am in it because first year is free. Worcester chapter.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:12 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

I just joined my local chapter. Been to one meeting that was rather boring. Hoping to go on a group ride this weekend. From what I gather by talking to other people, you may have to "feel" out a few chapters before deciding on one. I have three in my area (Baltimore). I guess it's a matter of finding a friendly group you click with and like the events they put on. I decided on one because they seem to have better rides. Maybe 'cause they are a few towns over and more out in the country as opposed to always having to go into the city to meet up.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:13 PM
vega823
Road Master

Originally Posted by Slaps
The group of them by me seem like they get together often but you don't really need to go. I am in it because first year is free. Worcester chapter.
+1

The local chapter meets once per month, attendance is not required. They ride together often, again nobody pushes you to attend. Nice bunch of folks.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:18 PM
CopperGlide
Intermediate

When I purchased my new UC, They included a 1yr Full membership in the National HOG and automatic enrollment in the local chapter. Also received the HOG patch and pin as part of the membership.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:41 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Zip
theyre way casual. Ride when you can. Joining HOG is worth it for the magazine and the roadside assistance. im in HOG national, but no longer with a chapter. Riding in slow groups drives me nuts

+1 I am a member but that's it.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:51 PM
tano01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
+1 I am a member but that's it.
+2...I prefer to do my own thing when I ride. Too many people, too many opinions on a group ride.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
E.Richardson
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oklahoma City Chapter Member here. I actually have a lot of friends in our chapter but none that I ride with regularly. To answer your quesetion though, no. They don't expect you to attend every meeting (ours is once a month) nor do they expect me to be in all of our sponsored rides.

I love my Chapter, the benefits and its members but I'm not a regular attendee nor group rider.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:34 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Go to a couple meetings and see if you like the peeps.

Quick Reply: Anyone a H.O.G Member??