General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Minor Victory for Motorcyclists!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd hardly call it a victory, but maybe he'll get shanked while in.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:59 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Medicfrost
I'd hardly call it a victory, but maybe he'll get shanked while in.
Guess anything is possible, but there is probably a very slim change of something like that happening.

In the state prison systems (including California), not all inmates are thrown into the same housing units. Inmates entering the system are classified as to least dangerous inmates to most dangerous inmates, and that classification determines where they are housed, and the type of inmates they will be around on a daily basis.

In California there are 4 inmate classifications, Level 1 for the least violent up to Level 4 for the most violent.

Like it or not, this guy will probably be classified as a Level 1 threat and housed in a 'minimum security area', along with other Level 1 inmates.

They are isolated from the more 'hardened inmates', and usually don't experience the more severe aspects of prison life like you see on television.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:07 PM
grape ape
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely sickening that this guy gets only 5 years for what amounts to pre-meditated murder! I think too many people sue each other these days for b.s., but I agree that the family should sue this guy and take everything he has or will ever have away from him. Maybe they'll have better luck with a civil suit than with the court case. Kinda like the OJ thing.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Calicruiser
Cruiser

After he gets out, as part of his parole, maybe he could be used as a practice speedbump for bikes!

Old 08-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master

Judge says, "highly intolerable' and then only gives 5 years minus time served. That is an insult.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:32 PM
powaypete
Road Master

5 years is enough (he'll be someone's _itch, will lose his house, car, life long dream, etc) just like the biker. When he gets out of prison, the family should sue for lost wages and etc. so the dude has to have a payroll deduction for the rest of his life.
Wonder who REALLY got the lesson?
Yes, I feel sorry for the family of the lost rider, but I also feel sorry for this dude for he now has to live with it for the rest of his life and my taxes won't be paying to keep him clothed, fed, and sheltered.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:02 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It's a good thing that they don't let me make the rules. He'd be hanged in public for 1st degree. That would also cure his poor little "anger management problem."

Old 08-28-2008, 05:11 PM
NightTrain in Vain
Road Captain

5 years ???? theres people in this country serving more time for friggin possesion with no intent to distribute.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, 5 years is not nearly enough, while the rider is dead he gets a few years in prison? A mere slap on the wrist if you ask me.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:06 PM
dkracing
Advanced

If that had been your brother or son or dad you'd feel like I do. This guy meant to kill or maim our brother rider. He ought to loose at least fifty years of his life for making that decision. Maybe he'll get a shiv in prison, and he can look at his killer standing over him like our brother had to. I pray for our brother and his family.

Quick Reply: Another Minor Victory for Motorcyclists!