General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How was your Sturgis experience??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 05:46 PM
csmlopez
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How was your Sturgis experience??

It took me three days to get there, four days at Sturgis and three more to get back home. I had such a good time I will do it again. The sites were awsome, the riding around Sturgis were great and over all experience was to be remembered! I did meet some good people who rode up from Mazatlan, Mexico and invited us to their BIKE WEEK. We might just do that on our next long trip. The best memories of the trip were all that I saw on my way there and back. Too much to spell it out, but what a beautiful country we live in!! WOW!!!!

How was your trip to Sturgis and what was the best memories of the trip?

Big Lou

Old 08-26-2008, 06:43 PM
radridd
Tourer

Its all about the ride. Like you my best memories are the trip to and from, and the areas around Sturgis. Rally's are not for me anymore, one day of it and I am done.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:49 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

What's Sturgis???

Old 08-26-2008, 06:54 PM
CopperGlide
Intermediate
Thumbs up

Had a great time!, Love seeing all of the bikes with different modification ideas in one place, All of the places to ride too around there was great! Already planning next years trip.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:06 PM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CopperGlide
Had a great time!, Love seeing all of the bikes with different modification ideas in one place, All of the places to ride too around there was great! Already planning next years trip.
+1

I was on the road 21 days... Had a great time... Short version of my adventure

Old 08-26-2008, 07:51 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

Always a great time on the road. Always a great time at the rally. I don't spend a whole lot of time at the vendors or in town, but I like to see all that. Mainly I like to get out and ride the Hills. Did about 1500 miles this year just riding around, Plus 3200 going out and coming back. I put all my gas on the Amex. Can't wait to see that bill!

Old 08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
psc
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

3 days out...4 days there...3 days back. On a scale of 1 to 10...10! Had a great time--will do it again sometime. Definately want to attend the Four Corners, Little Sturgis, ROT, and Daytona. So much to do...so little time and money! I need to retire!

Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 PM
smcintos
Intermediate

Rode with three other guys two rode Kawasaki nomads and myself and one other on our Harley's.
Best memory was at a rest stop in Minnesota a hot girl walks up to us as we are getting ready to leave. She looks at the first bike in line a Kaw and says " oh that's not a Harley I don't want you" she then steps to the second bike mine and looks right at the gas tank and says " yes a Harley, can I ride with you". Unfortunately she was really going the other direction but I will never let the Kaw boys live that down.
Also met a group from Moscow Russia and that was cool.
Had a great time but did donate to the local revenue with a speeding ticket. Oh well had fun.
Steve

Old 08-26-2008, 08:21 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
Always a great time on the road. Always a great time at the rally. I don't spend a whole lot of time at the vendors or in town, but I like to see all that. Mainly I like to get out and ride the Hills. Did about 1500 miles this year just riding around, Plus 3200 going out and coming back. I put all my gas on the Amex. Can't wait to see that bill!

This pretty much sums up my feelings and experience.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
propane_peddler
Tourer

I had a great time too, in fact it was so much fun the first weekend I just had to go back for the second weekend. But its only 450 miles for me. But I had a good excuse the second weekend, I drove Klockwerks truck back.

Quick Reply: How was your Sturgis experience??