General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crotchrocket Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008 | 02:56 AM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kered
o no i wasnt implying anyone in this thread was stereotyping i was just stating my frustration at the majority of non riders that do...and at the idiots that ride like that
your not that friend of Marco Altobelli that i went riding with to the Rock Store a few weeks ago are you? i was the dude with the white harley and he was riding my red ducati

Old 08-26-2008 | 07:29 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Mostly young and stupid I would say. Went on a poker run the other day, had a crotch rocket do a 100 yd burnout at one of the stops, fishtailing all the way. First thought was what an ahole.

But then I had a flashback to my younger days. I then thought what a young ahole.

Kudos to you for stopping.

Old 08-26-2008 | 08:08 AM
REX HD
Cruiser

If you are an idiot you are an idiot. Don't matter if you're riding a harley, metric, crotch rocket, scooter, or moped....

Old 08-26-2008 | 08:11 AM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by REX HD
If you are an idiot you are an idiot. Don't matter if you're riding a harley, metric, crotch rocket, scooter, or moped....
True but the risk goes up when you put an idiot on something that goes fast and offers no protection. I'm glad I got my drive like an idiot phase out of me before I bought a bike.

Old 08-26-2008 | 08:26 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Apparently, it was a dammed good thing you stopped for him, as they didn't. Glad you and Momma are okay.
IMHO, if HDs were as ez for these guys to afford, we'd be having the SAME conversation about this. Happens daily in the Black Hills/Sturgis.
Invincibility and stupidity are not brand loyal. Did mine on a Kaw Mach 1 500 triple and HD Sportster, 70's vintage, at the ripe old age of 20 something.

Murd, I agree 100% on the track issue. But the ins cos and NIMBY crowd, have eliminated the vast majority of them. That's where we used to take it on weekends, but they are gone, now.
They're going to do it, period. We did it, my Dad did it (IN the 30's and 40's). When you close the place to do it, they are going to do it, WHERE they can, and the only place left, is the streets. If laws and LEOs had the ability to stop it, would have stopped yrs ago. And if you ban the scoots, they/we will build 'em. American ingenuity and know how.

Certainteed, Huh? Kentucky, in bred?, tax cheats?, never heard of such a thing in that part of the country. B4 you go off, BEST moonshine I ever had, Donaldson Creek Bay, Lake Barkley, Cadiz, Ky. Best crappie fishin' I have ever seen, too. Tax revenuers, Wazzdat? Yes, I know Ky, too. You must have different Amish your way, than we do.

Old 08-26-2008 | 08:38 AM
bullseye
Road Captain

Look, is wasn't long ago that all Harley riders were considered Outlaws and that image has changed a great deal over the years. Sportbike owners now have the rep of being crazed speed demons and this is one reason why. The question I have to ask is why buy a bike that will go 150 mps if that's not what you're in to? I know there are many responsible sportbike riders but the thing was meant to race and even though I've been riding Harleys for 30 years I can't help but think that I would be very tempted to see just how fast my race bike would go on occasion.

Old 08-26-2008 | 08:58 AM
2ForTheRoad
Road Master

Originally Posted by kered
harley guys have the idiots that think harley riders are inferior in every way, wont ride with metrics, and look down on people that ride metrics because its not "a real bike"...you guys have to put up with that and the negative connotations from that...this is what i have to put up with...people that dont understand the streets are not a racetrack...theres nothing i hate more than sportbike riders doing wheelies on the interstate or riding wayy over their head on the streets...most people that see me on a sportbike immediately give me a bad name because of them...automatically stereotyping all sportbikers into crazy testosterone driven idiots
Anyone on 2 wheels who rides with respect for others is some one I respect, the brand or style of their bike doesn't matter to me.

Old 08-26-2008 | 09:11 AM
iceman336
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Chubby
The wife and I are out for a sunny cruise up hwy 47 in Muskoka Canada... what a nice cruising road! Really winding and beautiful... they call it a highway but it's more like a paved country road in europe or something... cruising at about 45 MPH... slung back and feeling good. All of a sudden some guy comes around the corner I'm about to engage and he's moving.. crotchrocket... he gives me a fist up and I can see he's pumpin' adreneline, then another crotchrocket and another... they're flyin'... I'm approaching the corner and the forth crotchrocket can't make the corner, he swings wide and it looks like he's gonna' fly into us, so I lock up the ride... he sees us and tries to swing wider (in my lane), then he hits the dirt and looses control.... total wipeout. About 15 more crotch rockets come flyin' around the corner and all I can think is one of these guys are gonna' hit us... their buddy is mapped out on the ground and they are flyin' so fast they drive right by him... so I stop and check the guy out... think his collar bone was busted... he's hurt. The crotch rokets keep comin'... friggin' flyin', I had to wave them down to get them to help their buddy.
I was even worried someone else would loose the corner and hit their buddy or our bikes.
Not cool!
I thank God no-one died.
So how long before the OPP arrived and started handing out tickets? Glad you weren't hurt.

Old 08-26-2008 | 09:13 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member

I ride a 1000 sportbike too, but not like that. He was probably trying to wear his "chicken strips" down and riding way over his limits. Jackasses like that give the bad rep. Maybe this will teach him.

Old 08-26-2008 | 09:57 AM
kered
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JosephGarcia
your not that friend of Marco Altobelli that i went riding with to the Rock Store a few weeks ago are you? i was the dude with the white harley and he was riding my red ducati

hmmm nope i dont know any marco's...i live in fla

Originally Posted by bullseye
Look, is wasn't long ago that all Harley riders were considered Outlaws and that image has changed a great deal over the years. Sportbike owners now have the rep of being crazed speed demons and this is one reason why. The question I have to ask is why buy a bike that will go 150 mps if that's not what you're in to? I know there are many responsible sportbike riders but the thing was meant to race and even though I've been riding Harleys for 30 years I can't help but think that I would be very tempted to see just how fast my race bike would go on occasion.
the reason i bought a sportbike is because of the looks, the handling, and the acceleration...which is why i got a 600cc...if i wanted to go fast in a straight line i would have gotten a 1000 and dragged it...besides its always nice to know that you have that immense amount of power just waiting to be used...just incase

i never get the urge to top it out because i know the consequences that come with that...a year and a half ago i made stupid mistake and didnt put my glasses on before going for a ride...misjudged the first corner and ended up sliding under a car...i was only doing about 35-40...no damage to the car but the footpeg went through my knee shattering my femur and even tho i had afull face helmet on ended up with stitches in my face...everytime i go out i think about how that could have been worse...and it was only a fairly low speed accident

Quick Reply: Crotchrocket Nightmare