General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Goldwings melt in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008 | 08:04 PM
Kristy1980
Ultimate HDF Member

A good riding buddy of mine rides a Goldwing. Man, that guy would put us all to shame with the miles he has logged, both in good weather and bad.

Old 08-25-2008 | 08:18 PM
Nostalgic07
Road Captain

Not many enjoy riding in the rain...It might not be bad on a full dresser...but for the most part I don't go looking for it...If I get caught in it, I deal with it!!

As far as goldwings go...I am sure they ride pretty good in the rain...so I wouldn't knock it. As long as it has 2 wheels...I am o.k. with it!!

Old 08-25-2008 | 08:26 PM
Philt
Road Master

I am like a lot of others here. I don't ride in the rain if I can avoid it! I've seen way more Wings riding in the rain as I rode by in my cage.
Phil

Old 08-25-2008 | 08:41 PM
Worlok
Tourer

Well I'm not sure, and I wouldn't be caught dead on a Gold Wingm but I have heard that when you have the adjustable windshield all the way up, it channels the rain over you and only gets the top of your shoulders wet.
I think Goldwings suck!

Old 08-25-2008 | 08:45 PM
pmedic433
Tourer

I don't know about nerve, but I don't go looking for rain either. Usually if it is raining when I go to work I take the cage but if I'm out and get caught in the rain, no big deal.

Old 08-25-2008 | 08:49 PM
Sgt York
Tourer

Originally Posted by carlgrover

By the way, is it really true that Goldwings melt in the rain? Ha ha
No, they just lump up.

Old 08-25-2008 | 09:07 PM
blueridgerider
Advanced

Originally Posted by carlgrover
I took off for work this morning knowing full well it was going to rain later in the day. Sure enough, it was pouring when I left. No problem I just put on the raingear and pointed the Road King into the wind. I follow Frank's rule of riding. If it aint raining in the morning we don't care if it's raining on the way home. Theres something relaxing about riding in the rain. I didn't see another bike the whole way to or from work. Am I the only rider in North Alabama who has a pair or am I an idiot?

By the way, is it really true that Goldwings melt in the rain? Ha ha

My opinion? You sound like you are fairly new to riding, since you seem to have a need to brag about riding in the rain.

Old 08-25-2008 | 09:08 PM
hardpill
Cruiser

I'm sure that goldwings are superior to harleys in almost every way. They still don't do nothing for me. I've heard, "Sugar isn't the only thing that melts in the rain, chit also melts in the rain"

Old 08-25-2008 | 09:09 PM
Stone1
Tourer

The Goldwings must do well in the rain everyone you see that are just a couple of years old seem to have more miles on them than most cars do. I have rode two of them one new and one with 90,000 miles on it and I must say they impressed the heck out of me. I've been around Harley's most of my nearly 50 years but I would not mind owning a Goldwing for the touring. Lucky for me the Harley fits the wife so we would have one of each.

Old 08-25-2008 | 09:19 PM
neonhomer
Road Captain

I have been wanting a Goldwing for a long time, but just can't afford the $20k for one.

I have logged a few miles in the rain. If I can put the rainsuit on, I do.. if not, oh well. The only thing that sucks is I wear a 3/4 helmet and I have to wear glasses. The big police windshield doesn't help much in keeping the rain out of the eyes! So I have to duck behind it... I miss my face shield sometimes...

A month ago I was coming from Ft. Pierce, FL... heading home to Daytona Beach, FL. It was raining so damn hard, I couldn't see the front of my truck. I'm running about 70 on I-95, and a couple on a Goldwing come sailing past...

Hey... isn't a convertible Civic a Goldwing?

Quick Reply: Do Goldwings melt in the rain?