General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley envy...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 08:50 AM
FolsomPrisonBlues
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Harley envy...

I was cruising through downtown on Saturday and stopped at a red light. It was two lanes in each direction. I'm at the head of the line, about 2 cars back of was a Jap cruiser, and about 1 car back on my right was this small Jap bike, not sure what it was. The two Jap guys are revving their bikes back and forth trying to be cool, when they actually both sounded quite lame. I was idling louder than these 2 clowns. So after about a minute of listening to these 2 idiots, I give a good blast on my throttle. Sure enough the two clowns stopped their revving right away and sat there looking embarrassed!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:00 AM
verko
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was probably your fingerless gloves that scared em. Good job!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:04 AM
FolsomPrisonBlues
Road Master

Originally Posted by verko
It was probably your fingerless gloves that scared em. Good job!
Those and my ***-less chaps!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by FolsomPrisonBlues
Those and my ***-less chaps!!!
***-less chaps do strike fear in most riders.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Originally Posted by Slaps
***-less chaps do strike fear in most riders.
Think about it, assless chaps with the *** still in them are just leather pants, and we all know what lifestyle of folk wear those

Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,862 Likes on 13,480 Posts

Recently,while sitting at a red light in my ext.cab Z71 chevy truck,7 crotch rockets pull up behind me revving their motors and yelling back and forth.This doesn't bother me but they are right on my bumper and I do have a nice custom truck.So I'm just keeping an eye on them in my mirrors and sure enough one of them spots the HD hitch cover and bumps my truck with his front wheel yelling something silly about harleys.I put my foot on the brake and unleashed 300hp covering them with tire smoke.The light changed and I went straight and they turned left slightly subdued.You've got to be pretty goofy to mess with a guy in a big vehicle when you are on a bike.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by MTBlood
Think about it, assless chaps with the *** still in them are just leather pants, and we all know what lifestyle of folk wear those
I don't trust anyone with leather below the belt line.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:54 AM
FolsomPrisonBlues
Road Master

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
Recently,while sitting at a red light in my ext.cab Z71 chevy truck,7 crotch rockets pull up behind me revving their motors and yelling back and forth.This doesn't bother me but they are right on my bumper and I do have a nice custom truck.So I'm just keeping an eye on them in my mirrors and sure enough one of them spots the HD hitch cover and bumps my truck with his front wheel yelling something silly about harleys.I put my foot on the brake and unleashed 300hp covering them with tire smoke.The light changed and I went straight and they turned left slightly subdued.You've got to be pretty goofy to mess with a guy in a big vehicle when you are on a bike.
I find guys on Jap bikes always seem to have something to prove. It is simple envy cause they know Harleys are the big boys on the block. I never feel the need to prove myself to Jap bike riders.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Curt J
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rawhide, you are exactly the kind of guy that scares me when I am out riding. Promote safety and vigilance rather than acting in such an ignorant and obviously obnoxious way. We don't need more anger on the streets, that's the way people get hurt. And really, can the biker's rubber tire actually damage your 6,000 lb behemoth. Sometimes you just gotta rise above all the crap and take the "High Road". Why let idiocy breed more idiocy?

Last edited by Curt J; 08-25-2008 at 10:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (07-19-2024)
Old 08-25-2008, 10:04 AM
sbergloff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Curt J
Rawhide, you are exactly the kind of guy that scares me when I am out riding. Why on earth would you even act in such an idiotic manner? Do you expect people on this forum to say "good job Rawhide" or "Thatta way". Promote safety and vigilance rather than acting in such an ignorant and obviously obnoxious way. We don't need more anger on the streets, that's the way people get hurt. And really, can the biker's rubber tire actually damage your 6,000 lb behemoth. Sometimes you just gotta rise above all the crap and take the "High Road". Why let idiocy breed more idiocy?
Not sure I would have reacted the same way, but I would be pretty pissed too if somebody purposely bumped into the back of my truck. Good job Rawhide!

Quick Reply: Harley envy...