General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley envy...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Slaps
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sbergloff
Not sure I would have reacted the same way, but I would be pretty pissed too if somebody purposely bumped into the back of my truck. Good job Rawhide!
I agree. The kids got off easy as far as I am concerned. If there was less of them or a couple of my buddies with me I would have gotten out of the truck for a nice one on one.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:33 AM
FolsomPrisonBlues
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Curt J
Rawhide, you are exactly the kind of guy that scares me when I am out riding. Promote safety and vigilance rather than acting in such an ignorant and obviously obnoxious way. We don't need more anger on the streets, that's the way people get hurt. And really, can the biker's rubber tire actually damage your 6,000 lb behemoth. Sometimes you just gotta rise above all the crap and take the "High Road". Why let idiocy breed more idiocy?
Huh? Rawhide is at a light minding his business and someone bumps his truck and he is somehow wrong? I'm not following this logic. No one has ANY right to f&ck with your stuff, whether it be a little bike bumping his "behemoth". I think you need to grow a spine....

Old 08-25-2008, 10:38 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rawhide, you are exactly the kind of guy that scares me when I am out riding. Promote safety and vigilance rather than acting in such an ignorant and obviously obnoxious way. We don't need more anger on the streets, that's the way people get hurt. And really, can the biker's rubber tire actually damage your 6,000 lb behemoth. Sometimes you just gotta rise above all the crap and take the "High Road". Why let idiocy breed more idiocy?
You act like he sideswiped them in his truck. Ease up dood.

Personally, I think they needed a little smoke and burnt rubber thrown on them. They aren't going to get hurt by it (except their feelings) and it is easier than getting out and stepping on their heads. No muss, no fuss

The way I see it, if you were smiling when you smoked them out, then it is no more than tit for tat.

Good Job Rawhide

Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. If you want to bark at the dog --you need to be the big dog to make it look good.
Originally Posted by SloChicken
You act like he sideswiped them in his truck. Ease up dood.

Personally, I think they needed a little smoke and burnt rubber thrown on them. They aren't going to get hurt by it (except their feelings) and it is easier than getting out and stepping on their heads. No muss, no fuss

The way I see it, if you were smiling when you smoked them out, then it is no more than tit for tat.

Good Job Rawhide

Old 08-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I would've yelled back at them and said whats wrong can't afford a Harley. Then if they bumped my truck again I would've got out and gave them a taste of my brass knuckels.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:50 AM
sbergloff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you let somebody get away with messing with your stuff once (even if it didn't do any real damage), then you are just asking for more trouble at the next light. I would have flashed my reverse lights at them, that would have freaked them out!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:58 AM
05Hog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what the douche on the jap bike did deserved some kind if response, Similar thing happened to my wife and I last year while waiting for a bridge to close. Jap bike bumped my Jeep twice. I calmly walked back to him and as he was shaking his head and waving both hands relieved his bike of its keys and tossed them in the marsh. Went back to my Jeep and left when bridge opened. He pushed bike to side of road I guess...could care less. My wife never said a word to me. Don't get mad get even.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:01 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,848 Likes on 13,479 Posts

OK,since I am an old white haired guy I suppose I did look like an easy guy to intimidate.Sorry thats not my style,I mean after all they didn't get too rowdy till they spotted the HD hitch cover.What would they have done if I had been on my bike?The bumping of my truck was uncalled for aggression plain&simple.I noticed you are dissing my "6,000 lb. behemoth",that's fine just don't pull up behind me and f%&k with it and try to intimidate THIS old man!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:04 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The guy on the bike had no business whatsoever touching someone else's vehicle, with his bike or otherwise. Rawhide didn't respond in a dangerous fashion...the kid on the bike should just be glad the truck was in Drive rather than Reverse.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,848 Likes on 13,479 Posts

Originally Posted by FolsomPrisonBlues
Huh? Rawhide is at a light minding his business and someone bumps his truck and he is somehow wrong? I'm not following this logic. No one has ANY right to f&ck with your stuff, whether it be a little bike bumping his "behemoth". I think you need to grow a spine....
Thanks FPblues,by the way I didn't mean to steal your thread,sorry.

Quick Reply: Harley envy...