General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailgators

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008 | 05:19 PM
Miami Cruzer
Tourer

I think "ball-bearings" would do the trick.......

I'm seriously thinking about that.....

you could actually drop one in front of the tailgater without him knowing........

Old 09-11-2008 | 05:22 PM
William27
Stage III

I just had an experience with a tailgater today, while riding home from work. Someone in a beat up car, looked like an old Accord, kept getting on my tail and wouldn't back off. Finally I just slowed down until the person was crawling along with me and they passed, if I had some pennies or a spark plug on me I would have just "accidentally" dropped them into the car.

Old 09-11-2008 | 05:30 PM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

I was told by an old biker he used to carry wd-40 or something equal to it he kept hanging somewhere on his bars and woud give it a couple good squirts over his shoulder. When they hit the wipers they were looking for a place to pull over and clean it off. Could be a tale but by the way he rides I kind of believe it. I slow down and let them go around 700 lbs vs 5000 lbs = big trouble and a lot of pain!

Old 09-11-2008 | 06:47 PM
blueridgerider
Advanced

All the people advocating throwing crap as a "defense" lose a lot of respect from me (not that anyone probably cares). I just don't see how endangering more than just the offender can ever be justifiable.

At best you're just throwing crap on the roads - at worst you could cause an ugly chain reaction. If you have enough issues where you need to go out armed - so to speak - maybe you need to look at how you're riding.

I think the best policy is to just get away from them with whatever works best in the situation throttle, brake, or turn off. I can't think of anyone worth spending five minutes of my time in county (or worse) over a road rage incident.

Old 09-11-2008 | 08:07 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jdeitrick
If someone is too close, you are too slow. Move to the right. Your speed is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is your speed compared to their speed. If you are faster, move left. If you are slower, move right. Do unto others...
What? Say what?

Old 09-12-2008 | 09:45 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
Marbles, small rocks, and copenhagen aren't going to do anything except make the occupants of the car or truck mad, and if you are sitting on a 600 pound bike you won't come out a winner iif someone in a 4,000 pound vehicle decides to play "bumper cars" with you...

Only outcome is that you will end up sliding down the pavement or flying off the road..

Just pull out your gun and put a couple rounds through their radiator.. Tends to make them slow down and reconsider their actions...

Of course this is just being said in jest and I don't really recommend the above solution, and if done you will need to accept responsibilities for your actions.

I carry a little plastic baggie with about 2 ounzes of motor oil in it. Just hold the bag beside you and squeeze........the oil disperses into the air and lands on their windshield. Quite funny when they turn on their wipers to clean the windshield.........Muahahaha!

Old 09-12-2008 | 05:25 PM
alto
Cruiser

Get them to go around us in any safe way as possible. Unfortunately, it's against the law to turn and shoot them. It should be fairly legal for, to unholster and fire on someone, the 3 ( Mossad Ayoob) criteria must be present..Ability, Opportunity and Jeopardy . Someone chasing me down with a ton+ vehicle, has all 3.
I do my best to keep my cool and the moron in front of me.

Old 09-12-2008 | 05:58 PM
Slick02
Tourer

I don't, but I heard once from an old biker to carry your old sparkplugs in your vest pocket (I assume this was back when you had to change them often). Just toss one of those over your shoulder and if needed, you can opt out as it flew out of your pocket be accident.
I like the glass marble idea, besides it gives you something to do in the dirt when your bored. I wonder where my "Shooter" is. J/K

Old 09-12-2008 | 08:30 PM
Rockrat
Cruiser

No brakechecking here, actually , had not heard of it. Now hitting your brakes so you wouldn't hit that poor dog that ran in front of you, is another thing. Wouldn't want to hurt the poor animal , would you?

Old 09-12-2008 | 11:02 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Boxer 6
I was on the NYS Thruway today in the right lane when I glanced in my sideview mirror and noticed an Toyota MR2 coming up pretty fast behind me. I was thinking if this JA hits me and I am still able to get up, he's going to be the one that needs medical attention. Anyone have any good solutions for the cager that's right on your butt at 80 mph? I was thinking about pulling into the shoulder but those rumble grooves are pretty deep and there was lots of debris in the shoulder.
He's probably talking to his crack dealer which he has on speed dial of course and doesn't even SEE you!Get out of his way and hope that someday you will see his *ss out some where and ,well you get the picture.

Quick Reply: Tailgators