General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailgators

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008 | 09:44 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by golfblues
So let me get this correct. Do you guys that reach into your pocket throw the marbles, rocks or bearings when the assh*le is tailgating you & no one is behind him or is it WTF, everyone behind him should pay too. Seems to me if I'm in my car & minding my own business (behind the assh*le that's tailgating) & I get hit by debris or worse yet get into an accident because of it someone is going to pay. Most likely the person flipping the marbles.
Yeah, and what if there's another biker in the line behind that I can't see? Do I get him too?

I think all of this is asking to intensify road rage from someone. I'm just going to do my best to get out of the way. I will show a brake light and start slowing down, slowly. If I'm going to be taken down it might as well be at a slower speed and maybe the guy will pass if I give him every chance.

$.02

Old 08-25-2008 | 09:46 AM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Originally Posted by PastorTom
Vest Pocket Fulla Rocks..
Ohh Ummm nooo Cough cough
Prayer yup thats it..
I prefer marbles, or those steel marbles made for slingshots. That'll make him back off.

Old 08-25-2008 | 09:48 AM
Boxer 6
|
Road Captain

Lot's of good solutions. I was thinking about getting two more oxygen sensor bungs welded onto my pipes and having a small oil tank and pump inside of one of my bags that inject oil into to exhaust pipes creating a large bloom of blue smoke.

Old 08-25-2008 | 09:54 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Jmho

I don't reach into my pockets to throw anything at anybody when riding my bike. That would be illegal. With that said if and when I see someone tailgating a car or motorcycle, I back off, way off. I drive with enough space between me and the vehicles around me to be able to look way ahead into traffic. It was how I was trained. I also drive tall vehicles that allow me to see with the exception of my motorcycles. When I am on the bikes I do whatever it takes to maintain as long a field of vision as I can by either spacing or riding towards the strip so I can see ahead. I don't tailgate in anything I own, especially with the motorcycles. I observe dumb asses on motorcycles every day tailgating at red lights or going down the road. Good luck on that getting them to pay thing.
Originally Posted by golfblues
So let me get this correct. Do you guys that reach into your pocket throw the marbles, rocks or bearings when the assh*le is tailgating you & no one is behind him or is it WTF, everyone behind him should pay too. Seems to me if I'm in my car & minding my own business (behind the assh*le that's tailgating) & I get hit by debris or worse yet get into an accident because of it someone is going to pay. Most likely the person flipping the marbles.

Old 08-25-2008 | 10:19 AM
Medic1971
Advanced

Pocket full of Pennies oops I mean pennie for your thoughts

Change falls out of pockets all the time.

Seriously though, yesterday I was being tailgated on a two lane pinelands "highway" as I came to a traffic circle he was right on my ***. I have no choice but slow down because it is a tight circle and usually full of sand. This _ _ _ hole blew his horn and squeezed around to the left of me I almost drove my highway peg into the curb on the right. Now I am chasing him down the next road ( we both were heading the same way, I wasn't going out of my way or changing course) Then he runs a red light, I guess he figured I wanted to have a word with him. Thats when it dawned on me it just wasn't worth it, and continued my ride to work. By the way I was in my uniform but had a jacket on.

Old 08-25-2008 | 11:22 AM
tideglide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Boxer 6
Lot's of good solutions. I was thinking about getting two more oxygen sensor bungs welded onto my pipes and having a small oil tank and pump inside of one of my bags that inject oil into to exhaust pipes creating a large bloom of blue smoke.
The winchester on a string that Jethro used when trying to be a "Double Naught Spy" works well too.

Old 08-25-2008 | 11:44 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master

Originally Posted by vega823
Would one of you guys please finish the story about throwing something at a car behind you? Maybe it is because I live in NYC and NOBODY here would take a rock/marble/chew on their windshield and just back off. Seems to me that you escalated the confrontation to a new level. Nobody got aggressive after that???
I am not saying that you are lying, it is just hard for me to believe.
Yeah, pretty much when the guns come out and the shooting starts.

Old 09-09-2008 | 11:18 AM
Marblemania
Road Master

Install a windshield washer pump. small tank or canister with a nozzle pointed up out the back end of your bike. When they get too close, a quick spray of pure anti-freeze will back them off. Once they add water to their wipers, they have instant "smear". They will slow down and stop to wipe it off and your "tailgater" is history.

Old 09-09-2008 | 12:24 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by vega823
Would one of you guys please finish the story about throwing something at a car behind you? Maybe it is because I live in NYC and NOBODY here would take a rock/marble/chew on their windshield and just back off. Seems to me that you escalated the confrontation to a new level. Nobody got aggressive after that???
I am not saying that you are lying, it is just hard for me to believe.
Ya don't toss em over yer shoulder.. ya just kinda drop em.. without bein real obvious.. Bouncin off there undercarriage is quite noisy and usually makes anyone back off..of course the days I did such things were the days before I became the upstanding citizen I am today.. and carried my own gun.. I am however now a much different person ....

In addition.. My last "tailgater actually bumped into the back of my bike 4 times at a stop light while insulting my Faith and daring me to get off my bike and do something about it.. I gritted my Teeth and yes did pray for him.. Ohh and for me as well.. to have the strength to not get off the bike and beat him till he cried in the middle of the street..

Last edited by PastorTom; 09-09-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: In addition..
Old 09-09-2008 | 12:29 PM
Chubby
Road Captain

I've decided the answer for tailgators is definitely - Flamethrowers!
Like the anti-freeze trick though.

Quick Reply: Tailgators