General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer non-inspection, afraid to push out races??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:01 PM
BB Sue
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer non-inspection, afraid to push out races??

What the he!! kind of dealer shop is this?

(1) Go into dealer service department last Thurs. No names, but they're on a road in Oakland that begins "Hegen..."

Tell them the following: - "Bike all of the sudden felt like it was washing out, esp. at higher speeds. Do what it takes - find out what is wrong, I don't care if it's front or rear wheel bearings, neck or swingarm bushings..." You can feel a clunk when you move the bars left or right.

We'll look at it and let you know.

(1a) Time passes. Thurs and Fri and most of Sat. No call.

(2) Call dealer Sat afternoon, who tells me - We needed to talk to you about getting an authorization to proceed.

I ask - What's wrong and how much.

I am told - $2500 - You need front and rear wheel bearings, neck and swingarm bearings".

(2a) I won't auth it until I talk to someone as this isn't right. Will come down later. I want to see it.

(3) Go to dealer - bike is still sitting on the ground, wheels still on her, *nothing* pulled. I ask "How can you tell me it needs all 4 when you didn't touch it? "We put it on the rack and knew".

II call BS - It's nothing to check this, pull the wheels, etc. We used to do it all the time.

(3a) They say: Once we start we can't stop until everything is fixed.

(3b) They also say: With a bike this old it will be more - if we bend the swingarm or the neck is pitted (??!!?? WTF is this) or something else is wrong it will be $5000 or more, and HD doesn't make the parts...

(3c) We're afraid to press out the bearings because we might damage something...

(4) I call bull****. They push my bike (which hasn't been touched) out the door. A fracking DEALERSHIP. Tells me Harley doesn't make parts for my bike (where did my motor just come from then??!) and, well...

What the **** recourse do I have? Do all shops treat people who JUST BOUGHT A FRACKING MOTOR FROM THEM this way?

I no longer have faith in the MOCO - if their factory folk can't even work on a bike without trying to play open ended bull**** games, F**** the chick over, whatever... after 5K worth of of new motor and all the grief they gave me over *that* fiasco...

Now THIS??

Their "well known" name is **** with me. Sorry, Bob, your people fail me OVER AND OVER. Take me to the cleaner? Lie to me? Feed ME bs?? Treat me like a dumb blond?

My question to the list. Are their *any* trustworthy and honest shops here in Oaktown? I mean, ****, the season is almost over, but anyway, I need someone who will fix my scoot without treating me like an idiot, a yuppie, or a bimbo. What I would give for some shop time...

bb

Old 08-23-2008, 11:06 PM
JKK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm replied but it didnt show up?

anyway theyre just trying to protect themselves at your expense

you dont need a dealership for that work anyway