General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baca

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Baca

I called up the local chapter president of BACA today to find out the story, and got the ball rolling to check them out more. Background check first, then ride with them later this week. I rode with HOG and was an officer but quit last year, as the rides were slow and rehashed crap id been over a hundred times. This seems different. I hope its what I think its going to be, and it'll be nice to contribute to a cause that I totally believe in. It has a great purpose. Im not a religious person, have no clubs Im a member of, so doing something I love that helps out kids that have not alot of advocates really appeals to me. Anyone else in here a member of BACA?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:36 PM
hardpill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is Baca?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain

Bikers Against Child Abuse. http://www.bacausa.com They protect abused children, and stand in the way of the sick f*cking perps that abuse them.

flakdog
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hardpill
What is Baca?
Bikers Against Child Abuse

FD

l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the first i've heard! tell more. l.ray Man go for it if thats where you want to put your efforts, can ride, an be happy. l.ray

Old 08-21-2008, 09:41 PM
flakdog
Road Captain

You beat me to it Mr. Zip. And thanks for the link

FD

Old 08-21-2008, 09:50 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

BACA is a very good organization, and they have a lot of support in the motorcycle community.

Instead of just talking about helping abused and neglected children they actually get involved to help the kids in many ways.

Many members of what you would call 'traditional MC's' are also 'support members' of BACA. I appreciate the work they do in helping abused children, try to attend some of the local BACA Chapter meetings, and if asked myself and many I ride with will try and help out in any way we can.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain

the pres told me a story recently of a little girl that had been sexually abused that they went to court with. She was nervous, as she had to testify against the pig who'd abused her, but had really attached to these biker guys who had taken her in and given her courage. Right before she had to testify, she told one of the guys she had to go to the bathroom, but didnt want to go out into the hall because her abuser was out there. No problem. 8 bikers surrounded her so she wouldnt have to be scared, and excorted her to the bathroom. Through she spotted her abuser in the hall, through the legs of the guys as they were walking her out. He said she put her arm through them alll, and flipped the guy off. they all laughed. Great story. It did my heart good.

They give the kids a little vest with the baca colors on the back, and these guys think twice about going back to abuse em because they know theyll have to deal with a group of bikers. He told me it busts you up, as you pull up to these kids house and they rush out to meet you before you can even shut off the bike, whereas the first time you come visit they dont even dare come out of the house because of what theyve been through.

Gotta ride with em a year, then if you get unanimous votes you're patched. Its a great cause.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:49 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

It's a good cause, and being a member will probably give you a feeling of satisfaction.

But it can also be a little dangerous at times, so you need to make sure someone is there to watch your back. BACA chapters usually have a 'contact person' an adopted child can call in case of an emergency, in which a couple of members will come to their aid, no matter what time of the day or night. There have been times when physical force was necessary to protect the child, so just learn to expect the unexpected around some of these people that abuse kids.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
It's a good cause, and being a member will probably give you a feeling of satisfaction.

But it can also be a little dangerous at times, so you need to make sure someone is there to watch your back. BACA chapters usually have a 'contact person' an adopted child can call in case of an emergency, in which a couple of members will come to their aid, no matter what time of the day or night. There have been times when physical force was necessary to protect the child, so just learn to expect the unexpected around some of these people that abuse kids.
True that. That was what was going through my head today as I mulled it over, and what I came up with, was would I lay it all out for an innocent kid if push came to shove, and the answer was yes.

Quick Reply: Baca