General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo or 2 up

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006 | 02:03 AM
SamStone
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Solo or 2 up

Who here really likes someone riding with them every time they jump on their bike? I personally think it is too much responsibility to have to worry about someone else's safety. I'm lucky, my wife doesn't care to ride anymore and I couldn't be happier.

Old 03-21-2006 | 02:07 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Solo or 2 up

I like getting out by myself sometimes but I equally like having my wife on the back. I have several seats to choose from for maximum comfort. I have no problem with the responsibility issue. I guess after riding for over 40 years you just get used to it.

Old 03-21-2006 | 02:12 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

I use two seats: one for solo and one for two-up. The only problem I have with two-up is stopping.

Old 03-21-2006 | 03:19 AM
100yrfatboy
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

I like getting out by myself sometimes but I equally like having my wife on the back. I have several seats to choose from for maximum comfort. I have no problem with the responsibility issue. I guess after riding for over 40 years you just get used to it.
I agree with terry 100%, except the riding for 40 years part. I won't be forty til May. I enjoy my sweetie on the back, when we have places to go or just need some us time. I also love to ride solo or with some close friends and hit the twisties wide open and get my adrenaline fix. The sweetie don't like scraping the boards. I wonder why?

Old 03-21-2006 | 08:44 AM
Renegade
Tourer

Riding with my special lady friend is great...but I like to ride solo as I can be more aggressive with my riding.

Old 03-21-2006 | 09:34 AM
GOSTAZ
Road Master

I ride solo and 2-up about 50-50. My GF is the first woman I have ever been with that REALLY likes to ride. That makes a huge difference! So all of us that have sweeties, wives, GF's or whatever that like to ride? We oughta thank God and the ladies for being a part of our life. Nothing better than sharing a ride with someone who is loving it as much as you are...

Having said that, there are some times that a ride alone is what I want. Sometimes you need to dump all the crap from work, or just relax and be by yourself. So, I gotta go in the middle. Like riding with the honey, and like riding solo..

Old 03-21-2006 | 09:53 AM
Screamer
Road Captain

Solo. Let them buy their own stinking bike.

Old 03-21-2006 | 10:34 AM
BladeMan
Tourer

I would rather ride solo,but it's also fun to take trip with the wife. To make everyone happy I have to take the (3) kids for ride too.

Old 03-21-2006 | 10:47 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

I like riding by myself, and so does my wife, so things work out well for us. She sometimes rides on the back when we go out after a long day in the saddle, but most of the time she is on her own.

Regards,

Bill

Old 03-21-2006 | 10:49 AM
TxBulldude
Cruiser

Can't say yet. I am still trying to get the wifey to ride with me. For some reason she says it's not that big of a deal to her. It was her idea to get me a bike in the first place and we talked about all the fun we would have going places together. I asked her last week to hop on and we would go get dinner and she said she did not feel like it. I got kinda pissed and said "I have tried and you keep saying no, so I will not ask again. When you are ready let me know." So she got all pissed off and said I should act like that.
Geeeez. What is a guy supposed to do.

Quick Reply: Solo or 2 up