General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo or 2 up

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006 | 01:38 PM
zzrider
Cruiser
Default RE: Solo or 2 up

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

ORIGINAL: SamStone

Who here really likes someone riding with them every time they jump on their bike? I personally think it is too much responsibility to have to worry about someone else's safety. I'm lucky, my wife doesn't care to ride anymore and I couldn't be happier.
I gotta tell ya, your comment got MY blood a pump'in! 1st of all...I don't know ANYONE who has a passenger EVERY time they ride. 2ndly..."responsiblity for someone else's safety" might be construed by OTHERS as sharing a common interest and an afternoon with someone they are fond of...usually a pleasant experience. If it's not PLEASANT for you...you're doing it wrong!

Bikergirl you saying maybe ridin aint all she dont like to do with him anymore?......*dodging throw'n objects*

Old 03-21-2006 | 01:44 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: zzrider

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

Who here really likes someone riding with them every time they jump on their bike? I personally think it is too much responsibility to have to worry about someone else's safety. I'm lucky, my wife doesn't care to ride anymore and I couldn't be happier.
I gotta tell ya, your comment got MY blood a pump'in! 1st of all...I don't know ANYONE who has a passenger EVERY time they ride. 2ndly..."responsiblity for someone else's safety" might be construed by OTHERS as sharing a common interest and an afternoon with someone they are fond of...usually a pleasant experience. If it's not PLEASANT for you...you're doing it wrong!

Bikergirl you saying maybe ridin aint all she dont like to do with him anymore?......*dodging throw'n objects*
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 03-21-2006 | 02:26 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

mine is primarily solo through the week, (I ride to work) and we usually ride 2 up at night and on weekends. My wife is my best friend and we reeally love riding together. For her it's realxing. So much so, she goes to sleep going down the interstate. With the Ultra and my backrest, she can't fall out, so she arrives fresh and rested. Another good point nobody has mentioned and I'm surprised is the feel of those 36D's pressing against my back. And as previously mentioned, a good "reach around" is a great rejuvenator.

Just my thoughts

Bubba

Old 03-21-2006 | 02:36 PM
zzrider
Cruiser

Bubba if your wife needs a ride to work let me know....*grin*.........

Old 03-21-2006 | 03:19 PM
Inforit
Road Captain

Solo is where it is at. It is you, the bike and the road. I am glad that my wife rides her own.

Old 03-21-2006 | 03:41 PM
Scott FXSTI
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: kechour

Solo. Let them buy their own stinking bike.
Mine did, and then she quickly changed out the fender and put a solo on it!

I guess she is sending me a message.

Name:  CIMG2926.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  50.0 KB

Old 03-21-2006 | 05:11 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

My wife is scared to death of my motorcycle so two up is not an issue.......I'd like to take her for a nice long ride on a Sunday afternoon sometime to see if she will loosen up a bit...but she would rather have a root canal.

Old 03-21-2006 | 05:12 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

My wife hates the bike, so I am always solo. AND I LOVE IT!!!!!

Old 03-21-2006 | 05:57 PM
ladyglide
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: kechour

Solo. Let them buy their own stinking bike.
Soooo, I did!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/5516/647B3B340B6F4C53B4F3773C89A912DA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2006 | 06:08 PM
Zap
Club Member

I personally prefer to ride solo, however, I'm also quick to oblige a sweetie that throws a smile my way.

Quick Reply: Solo or 2 up