General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some T Bag recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 08:48 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
Bought a luggage rack and I'm gonna get a bag. Don't wanna get one those barrel ones, but I don't need something huge either. Just big enough to carry a couple of jackets, etc.

This is the bag that I have ----> http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Crui...CTB950-Big.htm

This Nelson Rigg #CTB950 touring bag set is of top quality. You can use them together or separately. Most of the time I only use the larger bag, which is zipper-expandable. It also comes with complete expandable rain covers. The model CTB900 and CTB950 are exactly the same except that the 900 is designed to slip over a smaller backrest pad, and the 950 is designed to slip over a larger backrest pad such as that which comes with the Fatboy's "Riders Essentials" package.

Check out the other bags on this website too. I can assure you satisfaction with the quality.

I have a couple of Rigg bike covers I'm pretty happy with also.

Oh... everything is lifetime warranteed.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Two coats take up a lot of room. I have the Route 66 bag, along with the Saddle Roll. I use the Saddle Roll full time for glasses, gloves, and all the other junk I like to keep with me when I ride. I use the larger bag (or both) when I really need the storage.

When the wife and I ride and we want to bring the coats along for when it gets cooler at night, I have to use the larger Route 66 bag. That sounds like the sort of scenario for which you're planning. A smaller bag simply wouldn't do the trick.

At the time, best brand new on line price I found was at motorcyclesuperstore.com

Last edited by trip20; 08-20-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:10 PM
slick37
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
Two coats take up a lot of room. I have the Route 66 bag, along with the Saddle Roll. I use the Saddle Roll full time for glasses, gloves, and all the other junk I like to keep with me when I ride. I use the larger bag (or both) when I really need the storage.

When the wife and I ride and we want to bring the coats along for when it gets cooler at night, I have to use the larger Route 66 bag. That sounds like the sort of scenario for which you're planning. A smaller bag simply wouldn't do the trick.

At the time, best brand new on line price I found was at motorcyclesuperstore.com
+1
I have same bag... not cheap but you always get what you pay for!

Old 08-21-2008, 04:52 AM
trmac
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts

Got the kury gran tour which I've only used once so far but it can hold a lot. It'll be nice if I ever pull a camping trip or long haul. Also got the kury tombstone and I use that all the time - not overly large but does fit quite a bit into it.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:57 AM
cadillac
Road Master

Ive got the Nelson-Rigg Day Tripper and its perfect for both of our leathers. I can get 2 of each leather jackets, chaps, and vests in ours. Rides real well and the straps holding it to the bike are superb. We are looking at getting the Nelson-Rigg Interstate T Bag next for those longer trips.

bob

Old 08-21-2008, 09:36 AM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We use the River Road bags. I like them because they are stiff and totally waterproof.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:31 AM
06flstf
Tourer

+1 Nielson Riggs Universal bag. you get both the t-bag and the roll bag so you have options.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:56 AM
bfreesun
Road Warrior

I've got a HD Ultra Touring bag and the last time I used it I made the mistake of filling it. Far too much crap on a bike.

I'm looking at a Pacsafe Tailsafe which can be locked on the bike so if I stop for anything I don't need to take it with me.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Pmariner
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the Nelson Riggs Packs. I got yhe CBT600. Expandable and comes witht the roll bag. Check out their web site but if you decide to order one get it from Dennis Kirk. Cheaper then getting it from Riggs.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:47 PM
harleyeglideman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slack
I have the Universal Expandable, which is considered a large bag. But the main part can be ziped or unziped depending on the size that you need. It does have the "barrel" as you put it which you can use seprate or together if you plan on at a later time going longer distance it is very handy to have the extra space. It also has the adjustible backrest attachment which makes it easy to attach to the bike. But hey buy what you need.
I have the same bag. Works great - very adaptable. Load it or not.

Quick Reply: Need some T Bag recomendations