General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not to beat a dead horse but geez!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 AM
ericridebike
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what sux, all it takes is one person being an idiot on a bike (any kind) and it makes people think badly of the whole group.(of whatever type bike they were riding) Just like anything else, it is a few idiots that make the rest of us look bad.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand that there are idiots on all types of bike, but due to the abilities of those machines (crotch rockets), they sure bring out the super moron in many riders. I know that there are safe riders on rockets, I see them everyday, however, around here I also see way too many show offs, escpecially when they see a guy on a Harley. It's like they are saying see what my bike can do and your Harley cannot. That's just been my experience with many of these riders.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:43 PM
JKK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Video Tape Replay

Originally Posted by Fred00
You mean like these idiot Harley riders?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57JwGSD8h-w

Remember, idiots ride all kinds of bikes.
Wow. After watching that a couple or 3 times that guy wouldve held that curve if he wasnt afraid to lean his bike a little, backed off the throttle a little and or used his front brake, a little, and didnt lock the rear brake! Classic.

(diagnosis: panic prolly a new rider)

Maybe he needed to attend one of them motorsickle safety classes

Old 08-18-2008, 01:55 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned

Most people on crotch rockets are young. It's good to be young and stupid! I did dumb things when I was young too. I would not put people in danger, but if no one was around, I got a little crazy!

I've already seen two rockets crash in front of me. I really wish they would pick someone else to crash in front of!!

I hope your mom will ride again!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
FlatDF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eh, people who ride like that eventually get what's coming to them. Unfortunately, all too often they hurt someone else in the process - just take it easy and give em room.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:14 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Already seen the utube video before. A dumb *** over riding his skill level. Nothing new there. As far as the dumb *** blowing by you on the crotch rocket. So what. He startled you and your Momma. I have had them blow by me doing at least twice what I was doing and I was ten over the posted speed limit myself. Startled me and made me shake my head. They were flying. Takes to long for me to heal now and I like to think that I have gotten a little smarter than that. Figure I would find them in a field ahead of me when they failed to make the curve. Didn't happen. Apparently they can ride. I like Mommas lets catch him attitude, unrealistic but very cool. Dude she could get you into a hell of a fight. Hope you are tough. The last thing I got to say on this is that just because some dumb *** is doing something dumb on a motorcycle ---that reflects on him and not me. If I hear a remark that starts like all you motorcycle riders or you bikers, I correct that statement there. I am me. I ride my motorcycle. They are them --they are not me. I am only responsible for my actions--not anyone else's.

Last edited by oldairboater; 08-18-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: left off an s
Old 08-18-2008, 03:21 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

American flag in picture and a Canadian EH? Border State? Nice ride.
Originally Posted by FlatDF
Eh, people who ride like that eventually get what's coming to them. Unfortunately, all too often they hurt someone else in the process - just take it easy and give em room.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:01 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

you have idiots in two wheels four wheel six wheels etc...
also in every race...
also in every state, city, country......

Sooner or later death will find them... and you will be reading about them in the news!!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Ric27
Road Captain
Cool

Originally Posted by JKK
I cant believe it! Thats an outrage!

Putting your mom on the back of that little Sporty you oughta be ashamed
Spare us that crap, would ya'?

Old 08-18-2008, 04:37 PM
ragtyme
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by travroc
I had a POS MF on a rice rocket pass me in the twisties on Saturday on a blind curve. He was flying. What really pissed me off more than anything is that I had my MOM on the back and it was her first time ever on the back of a motorcycle. Scared the crap out of her. I was taking it easy for obvious reasons, being that she was already vnrvous to begin with. I would have let him by at the soonest safe opportunity, but no, he had to be an azz. She knew I was pissed and all she could say is don't you go try to catch him. Not that I could have anyway. Why do these MF's have to show off every time they see a Harley? And they wonder why we do not respect them.

I had a similar experience in 1991, only the kid clipped my handlebar while passing on ta curve and sent me into the rocks, and I was on Honda. Thank god I didn't go over the other side.

Quick Reply: Not to beat a dead horse but geez!!!