General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I passed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 07:08 PM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up I passed!!!

Took the MSF course this weekend and passed with flying colors!!! Everyone passed the written test (mostly 100's) but the riding test was another story. Some were not so lucky... 3 of the 11 women in our class were "coached out" (the most of any class they had ever taught). One was simply too short to even handle the lowest bike (she was on her tippy toes). She dropped the bike A LOT. She was coached out after the first exercise and advised to take a scooter class. Another girl accidentally showed us how a slide out was done and hurt herself twice while falling off the bike. She wanted to continue but was advised that she may continue to get hurt now that her nerves were completely shot. The third woman had told one of the other ladies that she wanted to go home (though the rider coaches didn't know this until later). After a lot of failures of exercises and dropped bikes, she was coached out. Funny... because she won a gift card to the bike shop where we did the classroom exercises (and she lives 2 hours away from it... haha). There was another lady that was close to being coached out but she hung in there. The remaining 8 women passed the course today with the highest score being a 15 out of 21. The lowest was a 4.

Our rider coaches said they had never seen so many bikes dropped in the two days in any of the classes they've taught over the years. lol Two women let their bikes fall on my right leg (forgetting to put the kickstand down and dismounting after re-staging). No bruising but wow... thank god they were itty bitty light weight bikes.

I'm absolutely exhausted from waking up so early (5:30am both days) and being in the sun all day both days. I did very well (had the 2nd lowest riding score) and am going to hop on the Nightster tomorrow evening after getting some rest tonight and ride around the neighborhood (still need to get to the DMV though with my certification). Not to toot my own horn or anything but it felt good to hear one of the rider coaches tell me I'm going to be a good rider. Hopefully, I will be! My bike's a lot more powerful than the little Honda Nighthawk I was riding.

Wish me luck!! And thanks for reading!

Tara

Old 08-17-2008, 07:10 PM
chris
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations!!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:11 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Good luck and have a nice day tomorrow riding. Remember, keep the shiny side up.

Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Congrats, just keep in safe out there!

HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations Tara. Job well done!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:14 PM
BuffaloRider
Road Master

Congrats on passing. One of the nice things about riding is it is a great way to unwind from a long day.. ENJOY!!!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:14 PM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

con-grats

Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member

Congrats and enjoy your future as a rider!!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats and best of luck, SuburbanMom!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:22 PM
American Heritage
Banned PITA Troll
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

grats. its a good feeling. i know. my girlfriend and i took the course together. i was one of those "rode years ago, but havent been on in even more years).

i am glad i took the class. i learned a ton. in fact, frankly, i learned more in 2 days in course, than i did in the 2 years of riding a bike as my only form of transportation. i cant recommend it enough.

i still practice the skills when i am just goofing off in a parking lot sometimes waiting for my girl to get out of the store.

Quick Reply: I passed!!!