General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'09 Indain pics...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Skitzer
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Overpriced but I love the looks. If they took 10 Grand off the price I'd get one, Drool!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:35 AM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

That ain't no Indian. That's my Road King with skirted fenders. What a farse.

IMO, if they wanted to make retro style motorcycle that would stand out, they should've built a bike like the old Indian 4. We have enough companies making Vtwin bikes already.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ebeattie
I was under the impression that these "Indians" are S&S powered. Which means they have aftermarket Harley-Davidson Engines. Great company S&S, but if they are trying to create a stand alone brand with Harley engines, they better court a Mechanical Engineer soon and get the traditional indian degins back from the dead.
They were S&S powered, but they came out with their own engine design right before they went belly up the last time. A couple of guys around here have the Indian motor...one is a wrench and he swears by it. Looks wise, from the right side the jugs and rocker covers look too barrell shaped for me, but it's supposed to be a good plant (according to the two people I've talked to that have one). That green one is a beauty, but I agree that the price is over the top. They're obviously going for the status crowd with deep pockets.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 AM
BlackHD'srFastest
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

other then the steep price,the only thing wrong is that front fender, Makes me want to go and get my sawsall and trim off all that extra fibreglass

Old 08-18-2008, 08:52 AM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by King FLH
That ain't no Indian. That's my Road King with skirted fenders. What a farse.

IMO, if they wanted to make retro style motorcycle that would stand out, they should've built a bike like the old Indian 4. We have enough companies making Vtwin bikes already.
That is exactly what I was thinking. Why put out yet another V-Twin when the real Indian history is in the 4? I just don't understand marketing I guess.

I'd like to see a new version of this....

Attached Thumbnails '09 Indain pics...-rsz_1933_indian_4.jpg  

Last edited by skullhead; 08-18-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that green and cream bike is just sweet as can be. I will not be spending $35k+ on one, though. Not even close.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the tiel and cream sweet looking ride

Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master

Well, at least now we'll know who the REAL RUBS are cause they'll pop down the 30+ and everybody will leave us Poser Rubs alone!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:47 PM
safields
Novice

Cycle World had a pretty good article on this a couple of issues ago. The owners/managers of Indian do realize that the economy will not support their product, they are going after the "executive" types that will always have disposable income and don't mind spending it to have the latest toy. Same crowd that would buy a Chris Craft boat, or a Ferrari, etc. Each bike is basically hand-built, no assembly line action in their very small factory. The engine is not from S&S, it is the Indian "PowerPlus" motor that they developed before they went teats-up last time. The new company bought the rights and all the tooling to make the motor.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Darthvader
Road Warrior

To bad they don't spend money on JUNK even for any reason.

Originally Posted by safields
Cycle World had a pretty good article on this a couple of issues ago. The owners/managers of Indian do realize that the economy will not support their product, they are going after the "executive" types that will always have disposable income and don't mind spending it to have the latest toy. Same crowd that would buy a Chris Craft boat, or a Ferrari, etc. Each bike is basically hand-built, no assembly line action in their very small factory. The engine is not from S&S, it is the Indian "PowerPlus" motor that they developed before they went teats-up last time. The new company bought the rights and all the tooling to make the motor.

Quick Reply: '09 Indain pics...