General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Tripper Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 09:49 PM
plane
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Tripper Seat

I ordered the seat from Realhogs.com and they informed me of a ship date of 8/20. A few days pass and I get another email stating a ship date of 9/9.

Hmm...so I call Mustang and see if there is a backorder problem. Nope, they're in stock. So I cancel my order with Realhogs and proceed to order through Mustang.

I ask for a sales rep and get a fellow who must know exactly what I don't want. We talk for awhile and he totally talks me out of the Tripper saying that it's a bar hop seat for show bikes that will get uncomfortable in 4 to 5 hours. I try to tell him that my stock fatboy seat gets uncomfortable way before that. He says why should you pay nearly $400 for a seat that is only 15% more comfortable than your present seat?

He then steers me to a solo vintage seat that frankly doesn't really grab me at all.

I end up not buying anything from them. I did request their printed catalog so I can view their stuff more conveniently.

I still think the Tripper is what I want though. A narrower lower seat that moves me back a tad. I find the fatboy seat WAY too wide and too rounded in the back. I keep riding my *** up onto the pillion only pulling myself back into the vague pocket. Also here in Arizona at this time of year it's like sitting on furniture with plastic covers over it. I literally sweat my *** off...

I'd ask about how you like your Tripper seat but very few on this forum own them.

I've owned a Mustang seat before and it was very high quality seat. They will long out last my old ***.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:58 PM
tdegroot
Cruiser

I have a daytripper on my 2008 FXDC. Couldn't stand the stock seat. Went from Chicago to Spokane and back with it a couple weeks back. Went through Sturgis but didn't stop that day. Started in Sheridan Wy and went all the way back home on I90, about 1100 miles in one day. I like the tripper. Just make sure you wear comfortable underwear.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Rabbit_
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a nice long explanation of how I liked mine and when I hit "post", the site crapped and I lost it all. Anyway I have a Tripper solo and the P-pad, I like it a lot, It's very comfortable on long and short trips. It seemed very firm at first and I though "oh-no" it's going to be to hard and I won't like it. That wasn't the case, I did find that I sat a little higher, not very much but still a little higher.

(Edit sp)

Old 08-17-2008, 03:01 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

I had a Daytripper on my Night Train and loved it. Very soft and I did a lot of long rides with no issues at all. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:39 PM
bluebagger06
Tourer

My daytripper is more comfy than my stock seat.I happy with the choice i made.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:16 PM
keirmc
Intermediate
Default Have A Day Tripper Solo

Have the Day Tripper Solo on my 2007 Street Bob. Been 2000+ miles in eight days and had no problem.