General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone wear an Ipod while riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,856 Likes on 807 Posts

On longer trips, I use a Creative MP3 player, with Shure E3C in-ear noise isolating monitors. They stay put and block out most of the wind noise. As for legality, not sure, but I don't care. Either I listen to music or deafening wind noise, the politicians can suck me on this one.

Cheers!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 PM
badherb
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a good noise cancelling ear bud you can find them on Amazon.com. They work exactly like a ear plug but you get music. Illegal??? who cares? just point out all the idgets using cell phones and blue tooth ear pieces.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:57 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Earphones wth the hooks behind the ears work great.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Slick02
Tourer

Originally Posted by Clammy
On longer trips, I use a Creative MP3 player, with Shure E3C in-ear noise isolating monitors. They stay put and block out most of the wind noise. As for legality, not sure, but I don't care. Either I listen to music or deafening wind noise, the politicians can suck me on this one.

Cheers!
Same for me. I usually put it on pause in town so I can hear things around me, but leave them in my ears as ear plugs for the noise. Without the music on, they're as good a foam plugs

Old 08-14-2008, 09:13 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Ipod with ear pieces. The ear pieces I use are called Smokin' Buds. got them at Best Buy. They sound pretty good and have a handy slide volume control right in the cord at chest level. I use this tank panel to keep the Ipod in.... http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

As mentioned already in this thread, I consider the Ipod ear pieces effective hearing protection with my half helmet and actually keep them in my ears occasionally even without music.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:19 PM
jeff306
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about doing it, then decided against it. I'd rather be more "aware" and hear my surroundings better. plus I love listening to the bike

Old 08-14-2008, 09:22 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

The best ear buds I have ever found for use while riding a motorcycle are the Skullcandy Ink'd Smokin' Buds ear buds. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Skull...oductDetail.do
They sound and work great. I can turn my Creative mp3 player down to half volume and still hear the music fine at 70mph and more with a skid lid and no windshield on the bike and short shot pipes blasting. They block out almost all outside noise so they are kinda dangerous I guess. I can still just barely hear my pipes over the music.
I couldn't believe how good they were especially since they are only $14.99 at Circuit City. Seriously try these out before dumping money into any higher cost ones that may not work as well.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 08-14-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Ipod with Panasonic buds wearing a half helment. I can her my music and the traffic just fine.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by trafficjams
I use Ipod with ear pieces. The ear pieces I use are called Smokin' Buds. got them at Best Buy. They sound pretty good and have a handy slide volume control right in the cord at chest level. I use this tank panel to keep the Ipod in.... http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

As mentioned already in this thread, I consider the Ipod ear pieces effective hearing protection with my half helmet and actually keep them in my ears occasionally even without music.
Heheh... I have the same tank panel/pouch on Reaper, and I use it to keep my mp3 player in, too.

Cheers!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jeff306
I thought about doing it, then decided against it. I'd rather be more "aware" and hear my surroundings better. plus I love listening to the bike
At highway speeds, all I hear is the howling of the wind. Music is nicer, and the in-ear monitors seal out most of the wind noise, allowing to keep the volume at a reasonable level, thus reducing potential hearing damage (and I already have permanent ringing in my ears, so I don't want to make it any worse!).

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Does anyone wear an Ipod while riding?