General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance&Hines customer service...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 10:40 AM
smudge
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Longshots on now, bike came with the Propipe, but was missing a clamp. Contacted V & H and although I had never bought any of their products they sent me a free clamp, next day air! Now that's what I call customer service!

Old 08-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default V&H service

Their service with my one and only experience with them was top-notch.

I E-mailed 2 reps hoping that even one would reply. I heard back from BOTH of them inside of mere minutes. They had 'real' answers, no BS at all.

I highly recommend them and their product.

CN

Old 08-16-2008, 08:49 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tda69
In your case, you had gone through 4 support brackets already which they took care of, so it seems fair that they might doubt you or question why they should provide you a fifth bracket. Anyway, hope it all works out for you.
Not quite,

While on the way to the 100th in Milwaukee, my bike started making an odd sound. I thought that the head was going bad, so instead of participating in the Anniversary Parade, I waited at the Harley Dealer in town to have the bike looked at. The culprit was the bracket that had broken and was rubbing together making that god awful sound. Nice, miss the parade due to V&H product breaking. The shop welded the bracket back together.

This welded bracket did not last the trip home to Pennsylvania. After making it home I tried to call V&H Customer Service, but could not get through.. I went to my local Harley shop and talked to the salesman that sold me my bike. He told me that V&H did not want to deal with individual customers and that he would order me a new bracket. The shop also re-welded the original bracket filleting the weld and doing a great job.

This bracket lasted until shortly before my Sturgis trip in 2004. At that time I put on the new replacement bracket that my dealer had ordered. This brand new bracket from V&H did not make it to Sturgis!!!! Broke while en route!!! I was pissed!!!

The original V&H bracket, another new bracket, and two re-welded brackets all breaking!! Great engineering!!!
While in Sturgis, at the J&P Cycle Shop, I by chance came upon a V&H Engineer at their display. I relayed to him what I have just written, and he then made the comment that Harley had " Misaligned the transmission" while assembling the motor. He said to get my bracket welded somewhere!!!! The guy said he had helped engineer that kit and the bracket design was not a problem.

I told the Engineer that I needed a new bracket to safely make it back to PA.
The guy then told me that there were no more ShortShot kits in town to take a bracket out of.

I found the next day that the V&H display in Rapid City had ShortShot kits available until that next late morning. The Engineer had either just lied, or did not give a zhit about helping me.

I went to the Samson shop and they had a sale on a exhaust system, so in total disgust, I had them remove the year old ShortShots that looked brand new, and had the Samson pipes put on.

What a surprise, no more cracked brackets for years, not even when I went with a SuperTrapp SuperMeg 2:1 exhaust. No problem with their bracket!!!

I repeat, V&H sucks,I recently purchased a used 2004 Road Glide bagger for long trips. It came equipped with V&H "Wide Ovals". Before taking it out of the dealership, I had the V&H pipes removed and had a set of SuperTrapp Kerker mufflers fitted.

No V&H junk anymore for me. Too expensive in future repair work on my part.

I still fume when recalling that azzhole V&H Representative lying to me in Sturgis,