General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Owners Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005 | 02:28 PM
Harley Rulz
|
Banned
Default RE: Harley Owners Group

ORIGINAL: CobraKid

Terry, a very heart warming story, you ought to send that into HOG, maybe they would publish it in Hog Tales or Enthusiast for the whole world to read!!!!!! That's what it should be all about!!!!!

I'm with you Cobra.That is a very good idea.

Old 03-26-2005 | 12:02 AM
kentlca
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Lovetoride

ORIGINAL: investorsc

I think you get as much or as little as you want from these groups.
BRUCE
I really think this is the best answer. Your level of involvement really will dictate your level of enjoyment...

Ryan
What they said

Old 11-21-2006 | 12:09 AM
airjoe
Tourer

It's like any other group, it depends on the individuals in that group.

We've had a lot of bad blood and BS at our chapter. I just about gave up and was looking for another chapter. Then I went on a ride, my first in a long time. This reminded me of why I joined in the first place. "TO RIDE"

Now I just stay away from the BS and ride.

Old 11-21-2006 | 11:59 AM
1200babe
Tourer

Local chapter has about 650 members- but active group is about 100 or so. I don't like group riding so attend meetings and some events to work but hardly ever do the huge ride things. Prefer to ride with 2 -6 riders I know really well and their riding style matches mine. I have noticed our chapter is very clickish- they really make no effort to get to know new members or invite them into the "inner circle". I ride with a mixed bag of bikes- 2 HD's, an Indian, a Rune, a Rocket 3 and a vstar 1300. I don't care what logo is on their tank just so they are good riders and we have a great time together.

Old 11-21-2006 | 12:52 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

I got my free membership this year when I bought the bike. I'll renew since I enjoy the
Hog Tales magazine, like having the road side assistance and will be joining my local
chapter in the spring. It's pretty short money.

Old 11-21-2006 | 01:42 PM
jackj
Banned

feel the same
ORIGINAL: mikeisglidn

corvette clubs cured me of joining groups, what a bunch of snobs!

Old 11-21-2006 | 03:52 PM
molsenice
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Harley Rulz

Hey folks I just got my HOG stuff in the mail and was wondering about the pros and cons of the Group.I know some of you are members and thought yall could give your input on this question.I have always rode for my love of riding and am not sure if I want to be an active member because I do'nt know anything about the group.I've heard a few things but I would like to be clear.I guess what I'm asking is how many got in and stayed and how many of you was in and did'nt like it and got out and why.

Your feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks Craig
[sm=feedback.gif]
Craig - I haven't read the thread yet - but wanted to give you my .02 before I did - I became a member of HOG - I recieved a 1 year membership with my 05 1200c as part of the purchase.

Fast forward through the 05 season and all of the bike related heartache - to Labor day weekend - I had ridden down to LI and and was coming home Sunday night - alone - and no worries - the bike died about an hour from home.

I called buddies - they were no able to come get me (he they were partying and I did not want them to DUI)

I called AAA - when they found out I was on a bike they said - sir your policy does not cover RV's and hung up - I called them back and asked if they could call a tow truck and I would paying full price for getting me home - they hung up again

well I was pissed and pickled - then I though - what about HOG - I called and I noticed as was talking to them, my membership had run out the day before - and I mentioned that I was sure my wife had sent the renewal in. - NO PROBLEM - we will get you home safe - and you could always send in in if your wife forgot

Big azz flatbed showed up - could a held a school bus and the dude driving was maybe 6'9" - front tires on the truck had just been put on but they had not been balanced - so the ride was similar to the inside of an out of balance washing machine - but they got me home. Phone rang about 10 min after I pushed the bike into the garage - it was HOG - just calling to make sure I was home and ok.

renewed my membership - then - when the MOCO replaced the bike, I got another year added to my membership.

So yes - I would recommend being a member - I was supposedly covered for the first 100 bucks of the tow - they ended up covering the whole thing.