General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Leather Jacket Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:35 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by wiscdyna
Right now my plan is to go with the jacket from leatherup, but I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions. Thanks.
My experience with Leatherup was positive. The order arrived exactly when promised, the products seem to be good quality, the prices are very reasonable, they have a good selection, etc.

If you read the reviews, a lot of people suggest ordering a size up. My guess would be those people are dreaming about how much weight they've put on and try to pretend they still wear the same size they wore 10 years ago. I went straight off the sizing chart for the jacket I ordered, and it fits great.

As an example, one reviewer says he's a 44 and wears a large, so he ordered a size up, the XL, and it fits perfect. However, if you look at the size chart for that jacket, XL is 44-46.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:41 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Fox Creek Leather jackets are the Rolex of motorcycle jackets -snip-
They start at about 6 grand?

Old 09-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Sameyeyam
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up a real nice Wilson leather on eBay = $31. Also picked up an armored textile jacket for warmer days = $79. Brand new $140 Harley boots = $32. There are deals out there. You can find Fox Creek, Dianese, etc for sale there too...and Harley

Old 09-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Fat Henry
Road Warrior

Fox Creek is well worth a look. I love my jacket and vest. Haven't had any problems with the guantlet gloves either. 2 yrs on the gloves.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:02 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like a good jacket at a very good price. I wish it were made in America. The American made jackets I've seen are too much of a hit to my wallet ($400). Right now my plan is to go with the jacket from leatherup, but I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions. Thanks.
I have an American made Excelled - cost me $30 used on Ebay. I've owned many used jackets over the years. I just bought an American made Schott Perfecto, new, for $229 on Ebay (haven't received it yet). My wife has a Schott that cost about $30-40, new-ish on Ebay. Shop around.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
packer
Cruiser

I got mine from Leatherup. Very pleased with the quality of the leather (very thick).
feels like it could stop a knife blade. I am a 48 and ordered a XXL (50-52). It is still a little snug, If I got a XXXL it would hang to loosely. I know it will streatch and have to break in more to my shape. So Keep tthat in mind. For 99 buck I would say its worth it
even If I have to get another in a few years. Looking now at their chaps and saddle bags

Old 10-23-2008, 03:08 PM
blackbob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y2K
Another thought is to buy used,ebay always has Langlitz and others at a fraction of the new cost and used or not the quality is far and away better than any import.
Agree, got a Schott 141 for $250 might as well have been brand new. It will outlast me. Great jacket.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:28 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I just bought another jacket, some chaps & some gauntlet gloves from Leatherup. All of them are outstanding quality, as had been everything else I've bought from them. The prices are almost ridiculously low. The jacket I just bought was $89. It's pretty tough to beat that.

This is the jacket.
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...ing/40412.html

Old 10-24-2008, 03:27 AM
Romark
Road Master

Foxcreek here too. Best I have ever seen.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:29 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've read the posts here about leather jackets, and was just wondering if anyone had any new recommendations. Someone here recommended this:

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...919B15D5E3D216

Looks like a good jacket at a very good price. I wish it were made in America. The American made jackets I've seen are too much of a hit to my wallet ($400). Right now my plan is to go with the jacket from leatherup, but I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions. Thanks.

I can get an American made top-quality jacket off Ebay for udner $100 just about any time I want. In the last few months I've bought and Excelled (USA) for about $25-30, a Schott non-biker type (USA) for under $30 and a Schott Perfecto (USA) for my wife for $81. The only one that cost me more was my brand new Schott Perfecto I got from a motorcycle shop in Connecticut for $229 (MSRP $500 or 550). Shop Ebay and spend a week or so looking for the right deal - in leather jackets, that usually means skipping the "buy-it-now" prices and looking for one to close low.

Quick Reply: Another Leather Jacket Question