General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Leather Jacket Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 07:10 AM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Farm and Fleet here to.. they sell Interstate leather.. Decient Price (Cheap) and years of wear (Heavy leather, solid stitching) We always have a whole brood of youngins in the house, So money is always an issue.. I bought a new one a couple years ago and only because I gave my old one away, it still had years of use left on it..Guy is still wearin it..

Old 08-13-2008, 07:32 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+2 on Fox Creek.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:31 AM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by PastorTom
Farm and Fleet here to.. they sell Interstate leather.. Decient Price (Cheap) and years of wear (Heavy leather, solid stitching) We always have a whole brood of youngins in the house, So money is always an issue.. I bought a new one a couple years ago and only because I gave my old one away, it still had years of use left on it..Guy is still wearin it..
I got an Interstate jacket from J&P, great jacket for only about $120. Did what Joe did and had a patch sewn on back. Looks great.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

You might try these guys, I used to live near them and they do a good job ........
http://www.hudsonleather.com/

Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Beercan321
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m not a big fan of Fox Creek leather. I have a Fox Creek jacket and gloves. I can’t complain about the jacket quality, its top notch. What I don’t like is the pricing. I purchased a 56 long jacket from Fox Creek for over $500.00. A buddy of mine got the exact same jacket at a local leather shop for $300.00 less. I’m not sure what brand his is. The jackets look and feel the same. The only difference is mine has Fox Creek snaps and tags.

I also purchased Fox Creek DeerTours XXL gloves. They cost me $95.00. Within 3 months the stitching starting coming out. I’ve had the gloves less than a year and they are falling apart. Fox Creek does not offer a guarantee or warranty with their gloves.

Fox Creek jackets are really good quality but you are going to pay a premium for it. I’m sure you can find similar quality elsewhere for significantly less money.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:01 PM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Beercan321
...A buddy of mine got the exact same jacket at a local leather shop for $300.00 less. I’m not sure what brand his is. The jackets look and feel the same. The only difference is mine has Fox Creek snaps and tags...

You're paying for the "Made in the USA" label. Well worth the extra money.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Fox Creek Leather jackets are the Rolex of motorcycle jackets IMHO and made in USA. They're very well designed, the highest quality and most supple leather (thick and heavy yet very soft). My jacket, a Classic II, with nothing in the pockets weighs 9.5 pounds. Even the pocket linings are a very durable material (usually the pocket linings are what crap-out first in a heavily used jacket in my experience).

A Fox Creek jacket is very likely to be the last leather jacket you'll ever need to buy. I can't say enough good about their products. I have a jacket and a pair of the Elkskin gloves and both are outstanding.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Chubby
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wiscdyna
I've read the posts here about leather jackets, and was just wondering if anyone had any new recommendations. Someone here recommended this:

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...919B15D5E3D216

Looks like a good jacket at a very good price. I wish it were made in America. The American made jackets I've seen are too much of a hit to my wallet ($400). Right now my plan is to go with the jacket from leatherup, but I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions. Thanks.
I bought that jacket brand new... tried it on... don't fit... thick leather... great jacket! Still have it hanging up... never saw daylight.
My problem is really wide shoulders but small waist.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:10 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Not sure about Rolex, but according to the New York Times and Frommers, Langlitz Leathers is the Rolls Royce of Leather Jackets.

Frommer's Review
This family-run shop produces the Rolls Royce of leather jackets. Even though there may be a wait (the shop turns out only six handmade jackets a day), motorcyclists ride their Harleys all the way from the East Coast to be fitted.

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/gui...=1154654666511

Langlitz website http://www.langlitz.com/index.html

pretty crappy website, but if you check them out on ebay, they seem to have a huge following, the older the better.

One of these days I hope to take a ride out to Oregon and ride around Crater Lake and see what the fuss is about these jackets.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:52 AM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crater Lake is worth the ride!
I still occasionally wear my 40 year old Bates leather jacket. It fits again.

Quick Reply: Another Leather Jacket Question