General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikers last good deed

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Whoad00d
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hero ritous thing to do!

Old 08-12-2008, 04:53 PM
BuffaloRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by biz44
People should really learn how to mind their own affairs and let johnny law to the dirty work.....hell their the ones getting paid for it.
If he would have just called 911, he would have still been riding on down the line somewhere.
Couldn't disagree more!!!!! That is the problem with the world today. No one wants to get involved and look where we are now.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:04 PM
sldavis
Road Captain

People should really learn how to mind their own affairs and let johnny law to the dirty work.....hell their the ones getting paid for it.
If he would have just called 911, he would have still been riding on down the line somewhere.
As someone who worked as Johnny Law for 20 years, I can tell you that by the time he stopped his bike, called 911, talked to the dispatcher, who then dispatched officers, and then add their travel time, there was a good chance this woman would have been dead or raped or robbed, whatever their intent was, and they would have been gone. The man is a hero no doubt. To bad he didn't have some help in his hand...

Old 08-12-2008, 05:07 PM
BuffaloRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by sldavis
As someone who worked as Johnny Law for 20 years, I can tell you that by the time he stopped his bike, called 911, talked to the dispatcher, who then dispatched officers, and then add their travel time, there was a good chance this woman would have been dead or raped or robbed, whatever their intent was, and they would have been gone. The man is a hero no doubt. To bad he didn't have some help in his hand...
+1. I've been in law enforcement for 25 yrs. and they would have been long gone by the time any police got there.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:12 PM
JKK
Road Captain
Default weak

So you'd just call The Man and keep ridin? Let them worry about it?

The cops would be very efficient at coming out and writing up a report. Over that womans dead body.

Maybe the guy bit off more than he could chew but at least he had the ***** to make a stand. If everyone rolled over like you or looked the other way and kept riding then we're all doomed.

I cant cant even imagine sitting there talking to 911 and watching some inocent woman get mugged.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:14 PM
powaypete
Road Master

Hopefully that lady was not your wife or mother.

Prayers to the family of the rider. He did the right thing by stopping to try to help. We need more people like him and maybe crap will stop happening.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
plane
Road Captain

He shoulda been packin'!

Here's more info about the murder:

http://www.khqa.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=173345

Last edited by plane; 08-12-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:25 PM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by plane
He shoulda been packin'!
AMEN to that.

That biker was a hero. Pray for his family and that if ever a time comes for you to choose whether or not to defend the innocent, God grants you his courage.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Mr Breeze
Cruiser

Maybe if our Gov't. would back off and say "We can't protect each & everyone of you ... So start taking care of yourselves and each other by whatever means nessesary"...God Bless this man & his Family...It shouldn't have happened.....

Old 08-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am in BuffaloRider's camp.
The guy was a hero.
No one wants to get involved, look at the chit we have now.
By the time the LEOs showed up, the scum had floated down river.
Granted, a domestic , if that is what it was (unknown), is a very tricky and dangerous battle to wallow into. But NOT wallowing in is worse, IMFUO.

There was a time I carried a hog leg with me. (Yrs ago) Now I wear one of those chromed primary chains made into a belt. Always where I am at, and have you ever seen what one of those can do? Not GREAT against a S&W or Ruger, but I'll take my chances. I do know that there would be 2 derelicts looking for ibuprofen, and maybe some LEOs looking for a tall skinny guy on a sickle who beat the chit out of them.
What a tragedy. Just sickening, is an understatement. Hannibal is no longer the quaint town Mark Twain wrote about.

Quick Reply: Bikers last good deed