General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragon crash Update Charges Filed

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008 | 05:29 AM
RockyTopRider
|
Road Warrior
Default Dragon crash Update Charges Filed

Dragon crash
Prior to the accident on Six Mile Road, THP responded at 5:45 p.m. to a motorcycle accident at the 9¬½ mile marker on the Dragon.

Dalton said Michael Copeland, 37, Bluffton, Ind., was riding a Kawasaki Ningja 600 northbound on Calderwood Highway with Kristina Dee Ford, 48, Bluffton, Ind., as his passenger.

Witnesses reported that Copeland popped a wheelie on his motorcycle while coming around a curve, passed two vehicles, lost control of the motorcycle, hit a tree and went down an embankment.

"The motorcycle landed 33 feet down, (Copeland) landed 50 feet down and (Ford) landed 90 feet down," Dalton said.

Ford was taken by Lifestar helicopter to University of Tennessee Medical Center and Copeland was also taken there by ambulance. They were in stable condition on Monday. They were both wearing helmets.

Dalton said Monday that Copeland was cited with reckless driving, improper passing and failure to exercise due care.

Old 08-12-2008 | 05:52 AM
badinfluence63
Banned

Thats crazy and I wonder if it was an accident like the clutch sliped out of his fingers or something?

Old 08-12-2008 | 06:17 AM
Slaps
Road Master

I hope the girl is ok and he loses his license.

Old 08-12-2008 | 06:25 AM
White-Trash
Tourer

Idiot.

Old 08-12-2008 | 06:36 AM
1of2
"Moderator"

This bothers me. I don't know what else to say.

Old 08-12-2008 | 07:05 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by RockyTopRider
Dragon crash

Witnesses reported that Copeland popped a wheelie on his motorcycle while coming around a curve, passed two vehicles, lost control of the motorcycle, hit a tree and went down an embankment.

Popped a wheelie... hmm ok, I'll buy the clutch slipped.... passed 2 cars and THEN lost control.... Whatever..... I hope it costs HIM far more, than it costs her.... as the Honda ads say... "Stupid Hurts"

Old 08-12-2008 | 07:09 AM
Mathews2
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by badinfluence63
Thats crazy and I wonder if it was an accident like the clutch sliped out of his fingers or something?

"Witnesses reported that Copeland popped a wheelie on his motorcycle while coming around a curve, passed two vehicles, lost control of the motorcycle, hit a tree and went down an embankment."

The minutia of the details are not important, this was no accident, it was an act of stupidity.

Old 08-12-2008 | 07:09 AM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

That is exactly the reason there is such a high police presence on the dragon now. MAny people ride it and enjoy the curves and test their ability. Others enjoy the scenery. Others just have to prove how tough or fast they are. Mostly ends up showing how stupid they are. i hope the girl is ok. I hope they jerk his license.

Bubba

Old 08-12-2008 | 07:32 AM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

I guess he didn't get a piece from the Cougar he was trying to impress?

Well, with a little 600, I guess not. Maybe he was trying to overcompensate for driving a little boy's bike.

Cannon

Old 08-12-2008 | 09:03 AM
badinfluence63
Banned

Originally Posted by Mathews2
"Witnesses reported that Copeland popped a wheelie on his motorcycle while coming around a curve, passed two vehicles, lost control of the motorcycle, hit a tree and went down an embankment."

The minutia of the details are not important, this was no accident, it was an act of stupidity.

I couldn't fathom someone 37 years old doing something that extremely foolish on purpose. Just grabbing for straws.

Quick Reply: Dragon crash Update Charges Filed