General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You think you're an ironbutt? think again

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:39 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default You think you're an ironbutt? think again

http://motorcycling.speedtv.com/arti...-non-stop//P2/

Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 PM
kered
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

how did he not have to stop for gas?? i guess there are certain fuel cells that he can keep on the bike such as saddlebags and stuff but how would he not have to stop to put more in the actual tank?

im actually planning on doing an ironbutt run sometime in the fall whenever these showers let up...hopefully will be doing it with two other members on this forum...ill be doing 1000 miles in 24 hrs...i should be nice and sore seeing as how ill be doing it on my sportbike

Old 08-11-2008, 12:59 PM
05Hog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My azz got sore just reading the article. Thanks for the article.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought 900 miles fro my house to Daytona, only stopping for fuel was doing good. This guy probably had to pry his shorts out of his butt with a crowbar.

Kered, page 1 tells that he pulled a 36 gallon gas tank on his trailer.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He towed a trailer with 75 gallons of gas in it. There was a pump that transferred the gas to the bike's tank.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:18 PM
American Heritage
Banned PITA Troll

*looks at my bike* *looks at article* *looks back at my bike* i think i need a more comfortable seat. lol

Old 08-11-2008, 01:23 PM
n4toc
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is impressive! Don't know if I could handle that, but it would be fun to try.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:24 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

WHY?????? I take several trips a year and always plan the tirps so I can take detours and stop to enjoy the things there are to see along the way. I generally try to plan for about 300 miles a day and try to stop at a hotel with a hot tub and pool - hopefully near a Red Lobster. Maybe I am a pu$$ie, but to me the trip is not about how many miles you can go in a day, but it's abot how much $hit you see along the way. I just got back yesterday from a short hop around Lake Michigan - 1,200 miles and it took me 7 days. I did some parasailing in Macinaw City Michigan and ate at some great places along the way. I took a 50 mile detour to stop and pet a Black Bear cub. Maybe being retired like I am allows me to take more time and enjoy the ride rather than just trying to rack up the miles????

Old 08-11-2008, 01:29 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kered

im actually planning on doing an ironbutt run sometime in the fall whenever these showers let up...hopefully will be doing it with two other members on this forum...ill be doing 1000 miles in 24 hrs...i should be nice and sore seeing as how ill be doing it on my sportbike
You got that ironbutt run mapped out yet, I'm actually itching to get it done. The rest of August is fairly busy but once September rolls around I'll be ready.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:47 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by rh8234
WHY?????? I take several trips a year and always plan the tirps so I can take detours and stop to enjoy the things there are to see along the way. I generally try to plan for about 300 miles a day and try to stop at a hotel with a hot tub and pool - hopefully near a Red Lobster. Maybe I am a pu$$ie, but to me the trip is not about how many miles you can go in a day, but it's abot how much $hit you see along the way. I just got back yesterday from a short hop around Lake Michigan - 1,200 miles and it took me 7 days. I did some parasailing in Macinaw City Michigan and ate at some great places along the way. I took a 50 mile detour to stop and pet a Black Bear cub. Maybe being retired like I am allows me to take more time and enjoy the ride rather than just trying to rack up the miles????
why not????
why go to the moon?
why break the land speed record?
why not

Quick Reply: You think you're an ironbutt? think again